KPA's LCD Screen Film

• I tore mine right off. I must add that when I get a new guitar, I immediately toss it down a flight of stairs just to get those first dings out of the way. Life is stressful enough without worrying about a few scratches here and there.

• I peeled it off as soon as unpacked KPA. My son would do it anyway. I usually see small fingerprints on it, and only once chocolate. However, LCD still looks like brand new - no scratches at all.

• I tore mine right off. I must add that when I get a new guitar, I immediately toss it down a flight of stairs just to get those first dings out of the way. Life is stressful enough without worrying about a few scratches here and there.

I prefer used guitars that already have a ding or two. I don't have to worry about adding any, and they are always a better deal than pristine examples :)

• 1st Kemper - never removed
    2nd Kemper - yanked it off the first day......

I am a Profile Whore... Sometimes a Recovering Profile Whore...
    but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love:

• I prefer used guitars that already have a ding or two. I don't have to worry about adding any, and they are always a better deal than pristine examples :)

I agree, to an extent. Although, initially, I didn't understand the Fender Custom Shop Cunetto Relic series....$3,000.00 for a banged-up guitar?!

However, I got one used and instantly became a fan of "no worry" guitar handling. Heck, I even bumped it into a table just because I could...couldn't find the mark among the others. :P:D

• "Heck, I even bumped it into a table just because I could...couldn't find the mark among the others."

Be careful - the true Fender Relic fan will know a "non-factory ding" when he sees it ;)

This made me chuckle. You're probably right with this. Only a Fender ding is a good ding! :)

• Love your sense of humor!

A wise sage once told me….It's not "IF" you are going to ding your new guitar…it's "WHEN"

"Heck, I even bumped it into a table just because I could...couldn't find the mark among the others."

Be careful - the true Fender Relic fan will know a "non-factory ding" when he sees it ;)

• Funny enough the film is still on my kpa (nearly 3 years now), it even survived the weeks (leds going down) in the kemper repairshop. I hope it'll be there for some time. I also supect the film on the remote won't come off easily.
    I liked the poetry (paults). I don't know if there's any women aboard in this conversation about "films" but to me it seems more like a male thing to do. Could be this is just part of a heartfelt respect for this wonderful piece of engineering staring me in the face everytime I start playing.

Keep on rocking

Joachim

• Eventually, all of my guitars are relics.... In one form or another... aCk!!! Thfpppttt!!! :P

but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love:

• [quote='HamerJo','http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/19276-KPA-s-LCD-Screen-Film/?postID=211139&#post211139']Funny enough the film is still on my kpa (nearly 3 years now), it even survived the weeks (leds going down) in the kemper repairshop. I hope it'll be there for some time. I also supect the film on the remote won't come off easily.
    I liked the poetry (paults). I don't know if there's any women aboard in this conversation about "films" but to me it seems more like a male thing to do. Could be this is just part of a heartfelt respect for this wonderful piece of engineering staring me in the face everytime I start playing.

Keep on rocking

Joachim
    [/quote

HamerJo, I'm assuming by your handle that you're a Hamer fan?

• Funny enough the film is still on my kpa, it even survived the weeks (leds going down) in the kemper repairshop. I hope it'll be there for some time. I also supect the film on the remote won't come off easily.

Keep on rocking

Joachim

Thanks!

BTW - that actually may be new film on your KPA. When I shipped mine for LED replacement, the film had been gone for two years. When it came back, it had new film. My guess is the fix for at least some KPAs replaces the bottom half of the front panel, if not the entire front panel.

• GLiDe BPM wrote

HamerJo, I'm assuming by your handle that you're a Hamer fan?[/quote]

Since the affair with my trusty old sunburst (1979) is in it's 36th year now I'd call myself a die hard fan. Always liked to have a es 325 like hamer. Well, not going to happen since they stopped making them. I still like playing it but most times it's Gretsches and Fenders that get entertained.

But then again...
    One of the most beautifull and excellent crafted guitars I came upon.

Joachim

• Used to also have a Daytona, Californian, an eclipse, a Newport, a Monaco super pro, and a 90's Phantom Custom (Prototype body with the triple bucker and a neck single)...