Direct Profiling - Who's selling their amps?

• I think you are asking about "Direct Amplifier Profiling" - that is when a direct box is used between the amplifier and speaker.

There have been many people who sold their amps after making Studio Profiles of them. Most of the people who have been making DA Profiles so far have been Commercial Rig makers, and people who are holding onto their amps for more profiling.

• I did a few DI and studio profiles with the 3.0 and they sound close, they could sound even better with more effort
    but im not selling my fav amps.

as amazing as the KPA is , is just another tool.

• Yup, sorry I meant 'Direct Amplifier Profiling'.

Kosta, can I ask why you'll hang onto you're original amps? (Not that I think I won't, just interested in the specific reasons).
    Is it partly that, unless you create a large number of profiles for each amp (with multiple channels, gain stages...etc), you will loose some versatility?

• Also on the direct amplifier profiles, does the Kemper 'push air' from the cabinet like the original amps?

In my opinion, the power amp is what moves air. For me, I use IEM's with no on stage monitoring. If I were to use as power amp through a speaker cab, the Kemper would react in a similar fashion as the profiled amp being used.

I Think??

• Naah, not selling. As long as I have a couple of good amps, I can keep on creating my own direct amp profiles that are optimized for my own taste, and for the guitars and cabs I use. In fact I might buy more amps for that purpose. Can't count on other people in creating my own sound :)

• With the clean profiles i have: Yes.
    With the hi gain profiles i got up to now (Thumas, Deadlight, Sinmix), there's not enough power with my camplifier 360 and Marshall 1960AV. That's 2x180 watts into 2x8 Ohms. On room volume everything sounds nice but doesn't push. To keep up with my drummer i have to crank rigs to 3 o clock, KPA master to 10 of 10 and the camplifier to 9 of ten. Then it pushes. But doesn't sound nice anymore. So high gain 'direct amp profiles' don't seem to push out much level. Therefore we'll need loads of power to make it happen for high gain with a drummer and a real cab. Maybe Kempers own powerrack is enough. Does somebody know? Better would be more loudness in high gain profiles, so i can keep my camplifier, but i don't know if that can be done...
    Another thing is that amplifying a weak signal makes things noisy. So the high gain profiles i have are very touch sensitive and produce unwanted noise easily. They are hard to handle, not what i call a clear and direct metal bite.
    I'm gonna have to wait what future brings, but right now any 50 watts tube head i know could blow my Kemper away easily.
    On FOH or with studio monitors the KPA is still unbeatable, of course.

Edited once, last by Syre ().

• Yup, sorry I meant 'Direct Amplifier Profiling'.

Kosta, can I ask why you'll hang onto you're original amps? (Not that I think I won't, just interested in the specific reasons).
    Is it partly that, unless you create a large number of profiles for each amp (with multiple channels, gain stages...etc), you will loose some versatility?

when I plug into my amps , theres no second guess "does it sounds like a real amp ?" . it does , its a real amp.

also im very happy with my live sound , using a KPA in that scenario would be going back and fine tunning everything.

for now money is not a problem , so im keeping yhe best of both world ( real and emulation )

• The Kemper actually made me buy more amps. I collect things anyway so why not. I look at it as a great way to record and play at home. Don't have to mess around as much with mics and such.

With the hi gain profiles i got up to now (Thumas, Deadlight, Sinmix), there's not enough power with my camplifier 360 and Marshall 1960AV. That's 2x180 watts into 2x8 Ohms. On room volume everything sounds nice but doesn't push. To keep up with my drummer i have to crank rigs to 3 o clock, KPA master to 10 of 10 and the camplifier to 9 of ten. Then it pushes. But doesn't sound nice anymore. So high gain 'direct amp profiles' don't seem to push out much level. Therefore we'll need loads of power to make it happen for high gain with a drummer and a real cab. Maybe Kempers own powerrack is enough. Does somebody know? Better would be more loudness in high gain profiles, so i can keep my camplifier, but i don't know if that can be done...
    Another thing is that amplifying a weak signal makes things noisy. So the high gain profiles i have are very touch sensitive and produce unwanted noise easily. They are hard to handle, not what i call a clear and direct metal bite.
    I'm gonna have to wait what future brings, but right now any 50 watts tube head i know could blow my Kemper away easily.

Something not right there? My powered kemper can blow any of my valve amps away through same cab or speaker. I've a couple of Boogies that are very loud and an original Marshall 2203 100W Superlead that is excessive and the kemper can drown them out.

Steve

• [quote='Syre','http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/19281-Direct-Profiling-Who-s-selling-their-amps/?postID=210791&#post210791']
    Something not right there? My powered kemper can blow any of my valve amps away through same cab or speaker. I've a couple of Boogies that are very loud and an original Marshall 2203 100W Superlead that is excessive and the kemper can drown them out.

Powered Kemper has 600 Watts and and a power amp boost. Camplifier is 360 watts and no power amp boost. That's quite a difference, especially the missing boost.
    If there's a problem, then it's in the Kemper software that puts out distorted signals weaker than clean ones. Cause as i said, crunch is loud enough and clean could blow my windows out. I doubt that Kemper service or Ritter amps would find anything wrong with my system.
    I have never seen a proof that a Kemper with a Camplifier 360 and 'direct amp profiles' can keep up to a real mesa on heavy duty and, knowing the difference between tube and solid state power from experience, i highly doubted it. Let's not be fanboys and face the truth: It takes a little more to blow a mesa out of the water than 360 class D watts and a weak preamp signal ;)

ooppssss and i was about to order the camplifier 180 being convinced that it can serve the purpose well.To answer the first question nope it can't replace my deluxe...not convinced yet ....

• If you want me to move air with the Kemper, let me run it through my custom/modded/rebuilt 1973 Plush 3000G. 6 each 6L6's, voltage regulator tube (dancing purple plasma inside when playing). I run it direct into two vintage 30 loaded 4x12 cabs. This is my large outdoor rig. It would also be direct out amplified simultaneously through the following PA : 4 each 3 way 15" JBL SR cabs powered by two QSC PLX2 series amps. Also 4 each JBL SR cabs (trap type with single 18"driver in each one), also driven by two QSC PLX2 series power amps. The pain is exponential... I can smell your brains..........

I am a Profile Whore... Sometimes a Recovering Profile Whore...
    but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love:

• The Kemper actually made me buy more amps. I collect things anyway so why not. I look at it as a great way to record and play at home. Don't have to mess around as much with mics and such.

Same. It made me buy a Toneking Skyking. Love that amp as much as the Kemper. The KPA also has me looking at Evil Robot combos.. I told the wife the Kemper was basically all the amps in the world, and I wouldnt need any others after that... Cant believe she fell for it. 8o

• Sad thing is, I never get to play anything big enough to use that whole rig... LoL!!!

Usually just me, the KPA, the Atomic Reactor FR, and the PA... sometimes a tube power amp and a cab
    replace the Atomic Reactor.

I am a Profile Whore... Sometimes a Recovering Profile Whore...
    but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love:

• Hi guys,

the Camplifier 180 can blow away a Deluxe or similar 50W tube amp easily, when connected to an 8 ohms cabinet.
    This has been proven many, many times now.

A Camplifier 360 with 2x180W @ 8ohms cabinet can hold up to any drummer easily too.
    We have Hard-Core Metal bands playing on festival stages with it, without any loudness problems.

If the noise floor on high gain profiles is high, there seem to be some sort of level problem somewhere.
    It is hard for me to guess what the problem is, but I am sure there is something wrong.

However, if you are not satisfied with the Camplifiers performance you can send it back within 60 days and get a full refund.

We have shipped more than hundred Camplifiers all over the world and had two such refunds since 2012.
    One of them was not happy with the overall sound (290), the other one claimed to not getting enough volume out of it (360).

Tilman

• Kemper made wanting to keep my Hughes & Kettner Triamp MKI and made me buying a new Cabinet for that.

It's easy. I never felt the urge to play with a tube amp when I played a POD or the Axe FX. Playing with the Kemper reminds me how awesome a tube amp really is. Other units fail to do that.
    It's not that the Kemper made me long for tubes because it sucks, but because it reminds you how great the raw (unmiced) tube sound really is.