New Neve D.I. worthy of a look !!

• The RNDI is $299 - in the same price range as the Countryman.

A phantom power supply that provides 48 volts is all that would be needed to use it for profiling. ($20 and up)

One thing about it, though, that may make profiles sound different than the original amp. FET transistors are used in a Class-A configuration to intentionally add harmonic content to the signal.

"With the RNDI, the overwhelming majority of harmonic content is 2nd order (ocatve) with some 3rd order present (fifth above octave). These musically relevant harmonics – present in subtle amounts – actually add to the richness of the original signal."

• I agree some coloration might be introduced. Not certain, though. Rupert's coloration is not necessarily a bad thing. Nearly anything in the signal has the potential to have some audible evidence.

Nearly every piece of Neve gear I have used over the years have been nicer sounding to me due to transformer choices in manufacturer. The right "iron" can make a world of difference in tube amps, in my experience.

I think this one is worth a hard look if DI head profiles are a major part of one's methodology for profiling. As it's a Neve branded product, I think it will be reviewed by may publications.