Remote + Mission Engineering expression pedal assignment ...

• Hi guys,

My Remote has arrived yesterday & I must say I'm very impressed the instant switching times in Performance/Browse modes and by its superb build quality :thumbup:

One question though - I have a Mission Eng pedal which I had previously working fine with the Profiler's pedal 1 (expression) & pedal 2 (stomp A > Wha-to-vol switch) inputs ... I can't seem to get it to work with the Remote's pedal 3/4 or 5/6 inputs ;( ... it doesn't give me the same menu options, i.e. pedal (expression) & pedal (switch mono) ... what am I missing?

Cheers,
    Wolf

• remote switches are not yet supported in 3.0 final . kemper support told me it will work in a future FW version, but for the time being you will have connect the switch to the KPA...

• Thanks ach,

Just now found your thread regarding the issue - thanks for the 'heads-up' ... let's hope it will implemented promptly to relieve the stage of 2 'unnecessary' cable traps ;)

Cheers,
    Wolf

• A tip. I have an old 25' instrument cable I have (from gigging 30 years ago ;( ) that is a little noisy for audio use, but works fine for expression pedal use. I use it for the long trip to the Kemper for the M.E. pedal's switch.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• A tip. I have an old 25' instrument cable I have (from gigging 30 years ago ;( ) that is a little noisy for audio use, but works fine for expression pedal use. I use it for the long trip to the Kemper for the M.E. pedal's switch.

Does it not have to be TRS to TRS for exp pedal usage? (As opposed to TS to TS like a regular instr cable...)

??

CURRENT:
    (FLOOR) Kemper Remote w/ Mission exp + EB VP
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• PS: This remote really rocks. I am having a blast programming it for all of my favorite rigs. I get a kick out of the forum labeling me a "beginner"...I bought the Kemper when first released in the USA, but I just don't post a lot, so I will forever be a newbie! Makes me feel young again -- Ha!!

• I don't use performance mode. I set up all my rigs with prefixes, e.g., 001, 002, 003, etc. Like amps are in banks of 5 from clean (1) to really dirty (5). I also have banks of "signature" sounds, i.e., rigs that are meant to emulate specific sounds like Hendrix, Gilmour, etc. I custom assigned which stomps I want to control with the four stomp switches and always place my wah in the same stomp slot for consistent assignment in the System menu. I am using a pair of Mission pedals, one for volume and one for wah. Every tone known to man at my fingertips (feet actually). I have a pro studio and have been profiling a few nice amps, too.

• Any news on this working via foot pedal yet?

I've just bought one of these myself and don't want to have to run a separate cable just to use the momentary switch to the back of the kemper.. AND the TRS to the foot pedal.. Gets messy

• Any news on this working via foot pedal yet?

I've just bought one of these myself and don't want to have to run a separate cable just to use the momentary switch to the back of the kemper.. AND the TRS to the foot pedal.. Gets messy

I have been waiting for two months now. It is a promised feature in the manual:

>The Remote offers four TRS-sockets named “PEDAL 3” to “PEDAL 6” to connect expression pedals. If you should
    >happen to require more switches, you can connect momentary mono and stereo switches to these sockets, too.

So I am sure it will be there at some point, it just does not seem to be a high priority at Kemper.

• I have been waiting for two months now. It is a promised feature in the manual:

>The Remote offers four TRS-sockets named “PEDAL 3” to “PEDAL 6” to connect expression pedals. If you should
    >happen to require more switches, you can connect momentary mono and stereo switches to these sockets, too.

So I am sure it will be there at some point, it just does not seem to be a high priority at Kemper.

It seems like they are working on doing quite a few bug fixes and feature implementations for the next FW release. I'm sure it's being worked on, they are just slammed right now.

• I've ended up running a single TS cable to the back of my Kemper just to get the out2 working on the Mission pedal..

it's pretty lame that they haven't really done anything about mono switching yet on the remote side..

I mean, it's built in to the main head/unit, but not the actual pedal.

would be sweet to have an ETA on the next lot of fixes etc.

• +1

• I've ended up running a single TS cable to the back of my Kemper just to get the out2 working on the Mission pedal..

I prefer using the switch as well, but until the firmware is updated I set switch OFF to be when the pedal is fully depressed. I can deal with that for now.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me