Hello, new to this digital stuff

• Woo! Been using Preview with the manager thing great fun! Lost a couple of hours last night just going through them one by one, and there's thousands of them!
    I wonder if there's a huge difference between the bought profiles and the free ones?

• Difference depends. There seem to be so many different amps available with a ton of settings profiled per amp with most commercial. Easier to find your sweet spot. However, killer tones on the exchange, and with Rig Manager, you get to preview them over the www and drag and drop the keepers.

I am a Profile Whore... Sometimes a Recovering Profile Whore...
    but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love:

• Woo! Been using Preview with the manager thing great fun! Lost a couple of hours last night just going through them one by one, and there's thousands of them!
    I wonder if there's a huge difference between the bought profiles and the free ones?

Haha, the old loss of sleep trying rigs. Rigs are kinda like cars or women in that when they go by you immediately know whether it's appealing to you, then you can always dress it up or down a little to make it just right for you personally, ex. mag wheels or fancy dress, blacked out paint job or blue jeans:thumbup:

Hope that makes some sense, maybe it's just early for me........

• Some of the commercial profiles are really, really good. But if you look at the free stuff, you'd realise that a lot of it is really good too. One and a half years with my Kemper and I haven't felt the need to use commercial profiles, but that's just me. A lot of users are very happy with the stuff that they buy. As for me, I still haven't gotten through all 6,000 rigs on the exchange, or even the factory profiles. For example, yesterday I was screwing around with Acoustic E and I was really pleased with the response with the neck pickup of my guitar, sounded like an acoustic. Previously, I was using the bridge pickup and didn't get such good results. So what you put through a profile also matters.