Feature Request: View only Merged rigs and cabs

• I know this is an old request now but this is a surely a necessity after all the hard work that went into the merging process? I'm very surprised it hasn't come up as a filter in one of the 3.0 onwards updates.

• I know this is an old request now but this is a surely a necessity after all the hard work that went into the merging process? I'm very surprised it hasn't come up as a filter in one of the 3.0 onwards updates.

Absolutely. For users like me who primarily prefer merged profiles, it's really quite a big problem when you don't know which profiles in rig exchange are merged and which are not. I think this is a major oversight from Kemper and should be corrected as son as possible.

• Most probably, neither RE or RM are able to automatically detect the nature of the rig. So everything is currently left to the a correct tagging from the profiles author.
    The thing must be rethought I believe, with a special flag written in the files themselves (both amp and cab) when they are created on the Profiler.

• Most probably, neither RE or RM are able to automatically detect the nature of the rig. So everything is currently left to the a correct tagging from the profiles author.
    The thing must be rethought I believe, with a special flag written in the files themselves (both amp and cab) when they are created on the Profiler.

I wondered this... But I'd be surprised if the KPA team didn't put a flag in the profile somewhere to tag it as merged, much like they must have done to mark a bass rig. For us 'real' cab guys who have the power head or a separate power amp the merged profiles were somewhat of a revelation. Cab driver did an amazingly good job most of the time, but now merged profiles are out there I only use merged or DI, they are just so much better. If there really isnt a merged flag in the profiles then it is a bad oversight because even if a flag was added now it's a bit late - a lot of the commercial profilers have invested a lot of time and effort adopting merged profiling and for those profiles to miss being included in the results if such a filter was added in the future is simply unfair.

• I feel you! But it would be weird if the flag was actually present since day one and the Profiler can't detect it yet :/

Are you sure the Bass tag is natively embedded in the file? How does the Profiler know whether you're profiling a bass amp?
    AFAIK, that's a tag like any other...
    In fact, a lot of bass rigs on the RE are tagged as Guitar.

• True, I was just assuming that it was, but in hindsight I think you select instrument from RM don't you with bass? If so selecting profile type from a combo box on RM would do, then having a 'Just Merged' and 'Just Studio' filter would be enough.