Guys that are doing direct profiles, how are you connecting the amp to the Kemper.

• Was thinking about profiling some of my amps direct this weekend. That way I can try it with the cabs in the merged profiles or the ownhammer IR's that I have. Just wondering how I connect the amp to the kemper. I have a torpedo live that I can use without an ir loaded, but still not sure what is the correct way to go about this. Hoping some of you guys can give me some advice.

• I think you are going to need a direct box that can handle speaker level signals. There is a thread here about it. Remember you will still need to have your amp hooked up to a speaker load when you do this. I got the Pro Co box thats discussed in the thread and it works great.

• It will work but then it will always sound (also when afterwards playing the profile through a real guitar cabinet) as if you are using the load Box because you capture the way the amp reacts to this certain load. I made different profiles of the same amp with the exact same settings but different Cab, and the Profiles all sound very different!
    Especially when afterwards playing the Kemper through Cab B although the Profile was done with the Kemper loaded with Cab A and vicevesa. It sounded very different but still very good! But exactly like the real amp it was only sound when using the Kemper also with the Cab the Profile was done with.
    That being said, if you like the way your amp sounds with the Load Box thats of course ok for profiling. Just keep in mind that it will sound different if you are using a real cab or a cab-sim with these profiles than the real amp would (which doesn`t mean it will sound bad, it might sound awesome! It just won`t sound the way the real amp would!).

• I was thinking about running the "thru" on the torpedo and hooking the amp up to a cab. That way the amps is loaded with a real speaker cab and not the load box. I know ultimately the speaker is also a different sounding load than what I will be using for cabs or IR's in the kemper. But the idea is to get a great sounding rig in the end.

• Well thats perfect then! As long as the DI doesn`t color your sound (e.g. by simulating a Cabinet) this will work fine.
    And you will get great sounding rigs in the end dont worry :) Even if your Profile was done using a specific Cab, in my experience it also sounds great when using different Cabs in the Kemper to make it a full rig afterwards. I love my Profiles and the Cab used in the Kemper is in fact very different from what I recorded it with. You should just be aware that this is not the sound you will get when plugging the real amp into that cab (except the one you really recorded it with)

• is it possible that someone explains how I show profile in the new situation. Step by step and define inputs and outputs (I have a behringer di100). I did profiling in the past, but am not sure how to do it in the new way.

• dont use a load box, but beside special DI boxes for that case..powersoaks with lineout work also...i use the Jet City Jettenuator works very well. I could use that one as a load box too but i dont do...i use it just to get poweramp saturation without killing my neighbors while profiling and pick the DI signal from the lineout. Imo quality is very good...

i tested to load some ownhammer and redwirez. It works but, imo it sounds not as good as a well miced seperated Kemper cab in quality..i think a Kemper cab is more than just a impulse

• Yes i definitely agree with Dani_munich and Deadlightstudio: using a load box without a speaker connected will not give you the same (excellent) results as a DI box connected to a speaker. I've been using fw 3.0.1 with a Palmer PDI-03 DI / Loadbox profiling a Masotti X100M tube head and i got excellent results when the Palmer was connected to a speaker, while i got a somehow "muddy" sound using the Palmer's load box. I tried with 2 very differently sounding speakers (a 2x12 celestion V30 and a 1x12 Alnico Gold) but the results where undistinguishable between the two.
    So .... my dream of profiling pushing the amp at impossible volumes with a load box silencing the whole thing is gone! :D

• Steve, if you look in the rig exchange you can find a Profile of my Bogner Helios 100 that I did with my Torpedo Live. I used the Angle Vintage C with the royer 121

Is that still around... I couldn't find it...

Using the Torpedo Live are you going from the Line Out or the Speaker Thru on the Torpedo to the Kemper Return? Imma give this a go mañana...

The older I get, the better I was.