New Power Kemper - Factory Rigs Missing?

• I just bought a new Kemper that came with Release 2.7.0. It seemed like a completely new unit, but when I brose rigs it appears there are a lot missing rigs from the factory default library from what I see should be there. For instance, I see Acoustic B and Acoustic E only, not Acoustic A, Acoustic B, etc. I also have no Mesa or JM800 (Brit) I am sure I have "ALL RIGS" selected as TYPE when I browse.

What gives here? How can I get back the full factory library of rigs?

• OK - updated to 3.0. Tried reloading all factory rigs. Not only did NO new ones appear, now I have two (duplicates) of every rig! I'm very confused as to what's going on. I initially had 296 rigs, after 3.0 and reloading the factory rigs I now have 633 rigs most of which are duplicates of the original 296.

Still no Mesa or Marshalls like it appears that I should have from this list.

http://www.wikpa.org/Factory_Rigs

Any help hear would be GREATLY appreciated!!

• Apart from the 50 new ones, all factory rigs have been merged for 3.0, so there are two versions now, old unmeged and new merged versions. Therefore the doubles i guess.

• [quote='Ingolf','http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/19351-New-Power-Kemper-Factory-Rigs-Missing/?postID=212196&#post212196'
    Yes, this is normal.
    New timestamp for the new factory profiles = you get duplicates.[/quote]

Are the identical rigs though? Can I delete all the duplicates?

• New ones = merged profiles
    Old ones = studio profiles

Delete the ones with the earlier timestamp.

Are you sure? The new ones don't say that they are "merged" profiles though in their tag like the other merged profiles do. If they are in fact merged, I assume there is some sonic differences between the two - correct?

• The Factory Rigs were all re-saved in 3.0 format.

From the 3.0.0 Public Beta Announcement post:

Factory Content
    *WARNING: All Rigs included in this firmware have been stored in the new profiling format and are not downward compatible below 2.8.0 firmware!

-added: 49 Merged Rigs included in firmware also available as “Merged Rigs Pack”

- changed: all Rigs have been stored in new profiling format and are also available as “Factory Content 3.0”.

* All Factory Rigs and Presets embedded in this firmware can be imported via function “Factory Rigs” in System menu. If you prefer to import Rigs selectively, please pick and choose from our Factory Rig Packs available on our download-page. All Rig Packs have been revised and have been migrated to new profiling format, which is NOT downward compatible below 2.7.4 Release!

• Thanks - but despite FORMAT, does this mean that the new ones still SOUND exactly like the old ones, such that I can delete the old ones? Is there any benefit to KEEPING the old ones?

• Thanks - but despite FORMAT, does this mean that the new ones still SOUND exactly like the old ones, such that I can delete the old ones? Is there any benefit to KEEPING the old ones?

Yes, they sound the same, with the additional possibility to dissect preamp and cab precisely now..
    The new format surpasses the possibilities of the old format, so there's no benefit to keep the old ones.