Midi Moose stopped working with 3.0?

• Hey, I upgraded to 3.0 last night and was playing around with it, very cool! But when I went band practice today and plugged in my Tech21 Midi Moose, it was completely unresponsive. I tried going into the Midi input section under System, and it looked like everything was set to channel, one, and there was no option for Omni, which is how it was setup I believe on 2.7. I then reverted back to 2.7, and had to change it back to omni in the system controls before it would work again. Any idea if theres a fix already in 3.0 or if this is a bug that will need fixed in an update?

Thanks

• Any idea how to check the MIDI channel of the Midi Moose? The reason I got it is because it needed no setup to work, I just plugged it in and it worked, so I have no idea how to check the channel haha.

Here is the manual. I think I saw it in there somewhere. It defaults to send on channel 1 so if you set your kemper to receive on channel 1 you should be good.
    http://www.tech21nyc.com/suppo…/effects/MidiMoose-OM.pdf

• Last week, i had to replace the battery of my midi moose.
    After that, I could not use it anymore, i thought it was my midi cable, but it was not.
    After reading the manual, i saw that i accidentally changed the midi moose midi channel by pressing the "Up" button
    when replacing the battery
    Its midi channel is the blinking number after powering on the unit.
    After settiing on the kemper the same midi channel, all was fine.
    I think it was set to omni on the KPA by default, but i'm not 100% sure

Hope this helps,
    Laurent

Laurent

• Midi Moose works perfectly with 3.0.

I also give you the advice to check on which midi channel your KPA is recieving information. Should be set to omni.

• Should be set to omni.

According to the folks at Kemper, OMNI is temporarily NOT working:

Tonemasterus wrote:
    It is just the KPA will not receive anything on OMNI.
    You're right, it only receives on channel 1 then. This is a bug, actually a sideeffect to a bug fix with the Uno4Kemper. I fixed it for the next version upcoming. In the meantime, select the actual channel.

• QUOTE:

NEW: 3.0.1 Public BetaFriday, 12:35pm

This firmware introduces the following new fixes:

User Interface

fixed: handling of old Amplifier Presets
    fixed: volume of Aux In into S/PDIF OUT now controlled via “Aux In > Main”
    fixed: potential software error when copying Amplifier Module
    fixed: receiving MIDI commands while channel set to “Omni”
    fixed: notes being displayed and “Mute Signal” flag being processed when Profiler gets started in Tuner Mode
    improved: USB-stick compatibility and performance

Audio

fixed: reliability of pasting cabinets, merging Profiles, and storing Merged Profiles
    fixed: crackles of Looper and Aux In during Rig change
    fixed: occasional sound anomalies after switching between Browse and Performance Mode multiple times

Known Issues

Direct Amp profiles not accurately recognized under specific circumstances. Intended Solution: Manual selection of Studio versus Direct Amp profiles in preparation.
    Profiles could be corrupted, if other Rigs have been merged just before. Workaround: Always reload Rig immediately before initiating profiling.

• I have a feeling we'll see a lot of activity on the Downloads page for awhile. hehehe.

I am a Profile Whore... Sometimes a Recovering Profile Whore...
    but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love: