Sweet Spot Profiles- Mesa Boogie Mark IV Now with demo profiles

• Sweet Spot is back :thumbup: we will have a lot of amps coming over the next few months Starting with this one http://www.sweetspotprofiles.c…-mesa-mark-iv-41-profiles Mesa Boogie Mark IV was profiled through a Mesa Boogie standard 4x12 with celestion V30s Mics used Sure sm57 AT 3035 and SE Gemini 5 tube mic. All Profiles come pre boosted with an Ibanez TS 808 and also non boosted versions for every profile.

• As a long term Mk IV user I'm very interested! Can you tell me whether your profiles include medium gain settings?  Or are they mostly high gain?

Any chance your documentation sets out the various settings you used? (The Mk IV has so many variables!)

EDIT: I decided to buy it on faith.... but I've been waiting more than 2 hours for the download link now :(

Edited once, last by SCPrice ().

• Sorry about that, You should have your download link now, I had to manually approve the order first. ill make sure that option is changed so they will instant from now on. There is lots of different gain stages profiled but mainly Hi gain

• Ok, these are AWESOME!!!!!!!! Bro, I didn't know the MarkIV was this fun!!
    Played for 4 hours straight!!!
    I really need to make a recording showcasing some of your profiles!

Looking forward to what you will profile next... hopefully a Friedman Steve Stevens so I'll be in tone-heaven!!!!!!

• Awesome, got the download now thanks :)

These are what I wanted! I was worried there would be the usual Mesa Boogie Mark focus on trying to replicate Metallica/Dream Theatre tones etc notwithstanding that the Mk 4 is actually so much more versatile than that. And thanks Chris, you've actually profiled this amp's true potential! Thanks :)

• <p>Top profiles. Really nails the many facets of the Mark IV sound. Not just the JP sounds although they are definitely there! Great to have the boosted and un boosted profiles for each setting. Top job and killer amp!</p>

• Here are a couple of clips I made for eSweet Spot Profiles with this amazing set of Mark IV profiles. Seriously, the absolute best Mark IV profiles available!!!! They sound awesome to me.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Clip of profile #5

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Clip of profile #7

External Content soundcloud.com

• Thanks a lot guys, a lot of love went into making these so I'm chuffed you like them. Chad, that Satch clip sounds Great :) Ill add a demo profile to this thread later today for those who want to try it out first :thumbup:

• Been having lots of fun with the free one from the rig exchange! Some sort of Ozone EQ match going on there? Is there more like that one in the pack?

Edited once, last by tnipe ().

• Hi Tnipe, The profile I put on the rig exchange recently is not from this pack, it was an experiment. I used a Mesa Dual Rec amp into a Mesa 4x12 then into Daw and then i EQ matched it to a Devin Townsend track using Ozone and from there straight into the Return on the Kemper. It's matched to a song called 'Night' from Devin's Ocean Machine album. It came out real well so I may do a pack of things like this in the future :thumbup:

• Just tried out the two free samples, and these are very good! I had to add some treb/presence for my tastes, but overall the tone is dialed in just like I would have on the real thing. I added a small upper mids boost in front of the amp profile to make it a little more "rad", getting that bloomy, boosted sound. Just a tad - too much starts sounding too noticeable and fake.

Compared to Arthur D's pack, these felt more midsy and fat. The amp tone is basically the same, but the cab/mic tone is less scooped/focused. A/B'ing the two, I prefer the fatter tone here. With some EQ'ing you can get them very close; but I felt my EQ'ing was more extreme on Arthur's pack than it was here. Arthur's is still preferable for Lamb of God type stuff - very raw and aggressive. But Petrucci's rhythm tone is much fatter and smooth and saturated - less raw/aggressive/scooped. Of course, I don't have the full Sweet Spot pack yet, so maybe it excels there too.

Definitely gonna buy the full pack soon. Thanks for the free samples!

• Just tried out the two free samples, and these are very good! I had to add some treb/presence for my tastes, but overall the tone is dialed in just like I would have on the real thing. I added a small upper mids boost in front of the amp profile to make it a little more "rad", getting that bloomy, boosted sound. Just a tad - too much starts sounding too noticeable and fake.

Compared to Arthur D's pack, these felt more midsy and fat. The amp tone is basically the same, but the cab/mic tone is less scooped/focused. A/B'ing the two, I prefer the fatter tone here. With some EQ'ing you can get them very close; but I felt my EQ'ing was more extreme on Arthur's pack than it was here. Arthur's is still preferable for Lamb of God type stuff - very raw and aggressive. But Petrucci's rhythm tone is much fatter and smooth and saturated - less raw/aggressive/scooped. Of course, I don't have the full Sweet Spot pack yet, so maybe it excels there too.

Definitely gonna buy the full pack soon. Thanks for the free samples!

Do yourself and do it. The entire pack is great!!