Switching between two real cabs?

• Hi,

Now that 3.0 direct profiles are giving us great tones on real cabs, I was wondering if I could use two different cabs with my Powerhead. It'd be great to have, say closed back 4x12 for crunch&hi-gain, and open back 2x12 for clean.

Now, would it be safe to use an A/B-box to switch between the cabs? Not sure if any A/B boxes are really designed for speaker level signals, or whether the power amp of the Powerhead could break because of switching.

• I use two cabs with a boss a- b switch and its working perfect, no problems at all
    power rack monitor out speaker cable to ab switch input and two speaker cables ab switch output to two cabinets

• Hy guys! How to obtein a good sound having a Kemper rack profiler , a power amp and a cabinet 4 x 12 ? I'm really new about ....everything...sorry! Even if i've been studing the Manual i really find it hard. I presume that it's easy but please help in some way. Thanks a lot!

• I have a Radial Twin-City active ABY switcher. Would it work with: PowerRack speaker out into Twin-City ABY - Twin-City ABY speaker cables out to two cabinets? What if one is 16ohm and the other 8ohm?

Thanks in advance!