S2 Mira update

• I REALLY love this guitar!
    It's so light weight but sustains so good!!!

I am a Profile Whore... Sometimes a Recovering Profile Whore...
    but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love:

• Glad to hear. As you know, I've been tempted by these as well, and actually went out over the weekend to look at them again. This time I brought my trusty SG with me (which is actually my most soulful guitar) and did an A/B comparison with the Mira. I love everything about the Mira in terms of it's refinements over the SG (coil tap, stable neck, no neck dive, lighter, locking tuners, hard nickel frets, PRS level of quality, better strap button location, etc.) I'll tell you though, my SG edged it out in the tone department. I know this is subjective, but even the guy at the guitar center was like "Yep, it slays the PRS".

So I came home all discouraged, because on paper it should have killed. But then I started doing some research on pickups. The Mira has PAF like pups, they are somewhat low output (A2 magnets with under 9 kOhms resistance) My SG has A5 mags with 14k in the bridge. This is where the roar came from when I did the A/B comparison (also, I did note the pickup height was similar between the two, so we can take that out of the equation). The PRS was noticeably brighter and quieter even in humbucker mode, but I think that if I swapped out the bridge pup for a 498T w/ 4 wires so I can tap it, I might have the best of both worlds. Both guitars are after all very similar materials, weights, and overall construction.

Or maybe I just need to boost the Mira a little to make it a fair comparison. I don't know. I'm still on the fence. It sure plays great though, and like I say, I love all the refinements that I consider a step up from the SG. More to come. Looking forward to hearing what you can do with it. I'm especially craving a dark smokey woody ripping blues tone with that sizzle you get when you brush the strings while raking to the next note.

• Glad to hear. As you know, I've been tempted by these as well, and actually went out over the weekend to look at them again. This time I brought my trusty SG with me (which is actually my most soulful guitar) and did an A/B comparison with the Mira. I love everything about the Mira in terms of it's refinements over the SG (coil tap, stable neck, no neck dive, lighter, locking tuners, hard nickel frets, PRS level of quality, better strap button location, etc.) I'll tell you though, my SG edged it out in the tone department. I know this is subjective, but even the guy at the guitar center was like "Yep, it slays the PRS".

So I came home all discouraged, because on paper it should have killed. But then I started doing some research on pickups. The Mira has PAF like pups, they are somewhat low output (A2 magnets with under 9 kOhms resistance) My SG has A5 mags with 14k in the bridge. This is where the roar came from when I did the A/B comparison (also, I did note the pickup height was similar between the two, so we can take that out of the equation). The PRS was noticeably brighter and quieter even in humbucker mode, but I think that if I swapped out the bridge pup for a 498T w/ 4 wires so I can tap it, I might have the best of both worlds. Both guitars are after all very similar materials, weights, and overall construction.

Or maybe I just need to boost the Mira a little to make it a fair comparison. I don't know. I'm still on the fence. It sure plays great though, and like I say, I love all the refinements that I consider a step up from the SG. More to come. Looking forward to hearing what you can do with it. I'm especially craving a dark smokey woody ripping blues tone with that sizzle you get when you brush the strings while raking to the next note.

Yeah, my first set of Zhangbuckers in my SE Orianthi has A5 in the bridge pickup. Love the snarl that thing has.

I have another set of his pickups on the way, though, and they'll most likely go in the Mira. Guitar feels too good to not
    have my all time favorite brand of pickups in there. They are, after all, custom wound according to the interview/discussion
    of what I want out of the pickups before he custom winds them. I just can't describe the amount of string/note definition
    when playing chords with those pickups (and for between $90 and $115 each???).

I very rarely keep a set of stock pickups in a guitar... very very rarely.

SG is always a fun guitar!

I am a Profile Whore... Sometimes a Recovering Profile Whore...
    but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love: