problems with 3.0 and rig manager

• I posted last night but still have a problem

I tried to test some of the latest profiles from the rig manager,and it says there is a mismatch with software on rig manager..I need 3.0
    I downloaded 3.0 from here last night,and today,i cannot try anything at all on rig manager..
    Also,when i put the usb stick in,after copying the file containing 3.0,i noticed that it is no longer saying that its a toshiba usb stick,its unnamed ..Then when i put the usb stick in the kemper,it is only giving me the option of back up,or restore.nothing else
    Also,when i looked in the files i had from before,they were all gone,and when i copy it to os update,or backup,and then try to transfer the update..Nothing

I hope you can understand,and give me your help please

• @Bazza77

Your post is confusing.
    Please tell me if I understand you correctly:

You tried to test profiles from the RigEXCHANGE (not RM)?
    You received a message you needed 3.0? 3.0 is the current Kemper OS not RigManager. RM's current version is 1.3.1
    You saw this as a Rig Manager problem, but it appears you are having difficulties updating your Kemper's OS. Am I assuming correctly?
    What is the current OS version on your Kemper?

90% of the game is half-mental.

Edited once, last by bigHF ().

• Yes bigHF
    I tried the profiles on rig exchange,through my speakers,that was when i was getting a software mismatch
    I am having difficulty with the Kempers OS
    It is still the old OS,not 3.0

• The problem i have is..I hit download for 3.0,and when it saves to downloads,and i click it,it has these files

How to update kemper profiler firmware PDF file 197KB

Kemper profiler addendum 3.0..PDF file 292 KB

Read Me 3.0.0 PDF file 397 KB

The last one is the strangest..it says

Kaos VLC media file (.bin) 6889 KB...I dont even know what that is..
    There isnt anywhere on the download for OS

Sorry,i am useless with computers,but i am doing something wrong

• The kaos bin is what you want put it in the OS update on your USB, plug that into the kemper and it will ask if you what to do a FW update say yes and let the process happen.

• KAOS stands for Kemper Amplifier Operating System, which is the FW.
    Your computer says it's a VLC file because your mediaplayer defaults to open the multimedia .bin files (which are images of CDs, for example). But there actually are several different .bin files around, that's a quite common file extension which has to do with "non-document" files (think of a .dll for example).

:)

• viabcroce
    Im glad you know all about computers..When i turn my on,matthew broderick appears a la wargames.haha
    Thanks for explaining that to me..I work with computers,yet i know little of them
    at least im back up and running again :)

• Hahaha dude, I wish I knew all about them! Far from the truth tho :)
    (TBH; it doesn't matter to me any longer... I used to be a kind of nerd when I was younger, then I changed my star sign ;) )