Matchless / Ceriatone DZ 30 ..... CH 1 ... & ... CH 2 ..... Amp and Cab 3.0.1 Profiles ..... SM 57 .....

• Hi all

It struck me that everyone on this forum is so helpful .... and have been particulately helpful to and for me ..... so while I await a " working " Direct Profiling FW [ for me at least ] I thought the least I could do was to do a 3.0.1 Amp and Cab [ not Merged ] Profile of my amp.

The actual settings profile are as per this pic - MV was at 11.00 - only the " High " inputs were used :)

[Blocked Image: http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p482/gtrotunno/DZ30_zpsb7dlhwzh.jpg]

You can find them both on the Rig Exchange - they are:-

-> DZ 30 Clean SM 57

and

-> DZ 30 Crunch SM 57

Just search for " DZ 30 C " and they will both come up. Each was done with 1 x SM57 on a Celestion G12T-75 mid-way between speaker center and speaker edge close mic'd

Each has an added Wah and EQ-Mid-Boost - turn off / change etc... to suit.

To my very nice surprise, even with the " Cab Guess-Removed " by the Kemper [ remembering that these are not actual proper 3.0.1 merged profiles ] they actually really rock'in though my Matrix SS amp and real 2 x 12 Cab [ the same cab they were profiled in ]

All up, I would honestly say that these profiles are about %90 the same as the real amp sound

Important Notes:- These are "modern" rock P90-driven full blown cranked EL84 tones ..... so ...... despite their names:-

=> DZ 30 Clean SM 57 is a very-broken-very-crunchy-clean sound which cleans up very well with the EQ off and your guitar volume rolled back

-and-

=> DZ 30 Crunch SM 57 is a very-crunchy-more-hard-rock-dirty sound great for rock / hard-rock rhythm / chunka-chunka.

-and-

=> DC 30 / DZ 30 EL 84 amps are allabout the mid-range-grunt and chime ....... these aren't scooped Recto's / Marshall heay-rock / metal'ish tones

So .... if you want a polite / clean / nice DC 30 and/or you don't like grunty mid's in your tones ....... please look elsewhere.

Both these sounds are very deliberalty gritty / nasty as the DC 30 is a very grunty-middy-chimey amp by deliberate design ..... remembering that its essentially a very souped-up / very hotted-up AC 30

Hope some of you find them of use.

Ben

Edited 2 times, last by benifin ().

• Thanks all - if you get a chance to try them and "crank them up " please report back the good/bad .... I will try to further improve them if you have some ideas.

The really great thing I thought when I did them and listened back to them with Cab off via my Matrix SS amp and real cab was that if they are this close / this good just by using a simple mic set up, they will be "so close to perfect that it just wont be audible"' once the Direct profiling issue is resolved ......

...... and once I do get my DZ30 Direct profiled, I'll put it straight up on the exchange and let you know here too :)

Many thanks again for your kind words.

Ben