Direct Profiling Hookup question

• Hi, I'm doing direct profiles with my amps, and I'm trying to figure out how to do it so that I can compare the kemper profile with the real rig when pressing the two buttons after profiling. As I understand it, that functionality doesn't have a purpose unless you're doing studio profiles??

So this is my setup:

Guitar -> Kemper -> Head

Head -> Direct Box -> Kemper
    Direct Box -> Cab

So in this hookup - the Kemper never goes into my cab! So the only way to compare is to turn off the head, plug the kemper into the cab and compare that way. (Or get another cab!!)

Am I right? Or is there another way to do side by side comparisons when Direct Profiling.

Thanks

• I don't think there's any way to do this without external gear.

My solution has been to use a stereo 4x12 cab. Connect Kemper to the other side, tube amp to the other side, and a/b between inputs after profiling.

I did that for a couple of times, then concluded that Kemper will sound 99% the same as the amp anyway so I don't bother anymore :)

• So tonight I tried my stereo cab to direct profile. Kemper on left, 5153 on right.

After profiling I tried A/B ing using the soft buttons on the kemper.

problem is the reference a,p is never muted! So when I press kemper I get both the profile and the reference amp. I realise this is the behaviour for studio profiles, but it doesnt make sense when direct profiling.

anybody else agree?