Electro Harmonix Magnum mini power amp anyone tried it with Kemper?

• Its for sure pretty cool. Its loud. Powers a 4x12 easily. It obviously can't compete with the tone and feel of tube power amp or head.
    But its great to have in your gig bag. But...

I've gone through 2 of them. And honestly barely used them. So I can't really recommend them

• Ah, so there are junk? I don't like adding a tube head to the mix though. Running it into an effect return on a Marshall I don't like. I always make it work and sound good but it's not the same as either a clean amp or even better a powered PA monitor out of the XLR.

• I have just set up a cab, powered by the EHX Magnum 44. It was an experiment to see if I could have a better amp in the room tone than my studio monitors (M-Audio BX5, then Yamaha HS7).
    The amp in the room is here now, much much more realistic tone, this was my answer for every day playing pleasure.
    The Magnum is loud, I have it set to 9 or 10 o'clock tops, plenty enough even for rehearsal or small gig volume.

• Its for sure pretty cool. Its loud. Powers a 4x12 easily. It obviously can't compete with the tone and feel of tube power amp or head.
    But its great to have in your gig bag. But...

I've gone through 2 of them. And honestly barely used them. So I can't really recommend them

Well, a 4x12" sounds louder that a smaller cab, no surprise the 44Magnum can drive it :)

As for the "tube feel", IMO a power amp for the Profiler should not add anything to the sound, since all the nuances are already present in the profile. On the contrary, the more linear the power amp, the better. You'd otherwise add tube character over (a different) tube character, having your original sound got lost among several distortion stages and degrees. It would more or less be like mic'ing your tube amp, and then using another (guitar) tube amp to amplify the mic. Doesn't make sense, does it?

That's one of the reasons why I discarded the 44Magnum when I was on the market for a power amp for my Profiler.

Also, consider that with such small amps (22-44 W) you'll often find yourself cranking them up, specially on stage or when using low-sensitivity (and\or high ohmage) cabs. For my needs, it was important that the amp stayed linear even at the highest settings.

HTH :)

• "Gone through" how? I've used mine for an hour or two, just about every day for over a year with no trouble.

I wish I knew buddy. Its the oddest thing. I've always had terrible luck with EH gear... And Line 6 gear now that I think of it. But I love the form factor and convenience of the 44 Magnum. I just wish they were a bit more reliable for me.

Glad to hear you're rocking them without any issues.

• I use the Magnum 44 for concerts with my KPA Rack. Works well for me, it's more than loud enough and sounds good (honestly, I am sure some more expensive power amps are even better but for the price it is shockingly good... I don't miss anything and use it only for monitoring anyway, so it's more than fine!).

I've used it in our rehearsal space once with my band (we play melodic hardcore) and even there it was loud enough to "compete" with the other guitarist, bassist and drummer. I do have to say that our other guitarists Diezel DID cut through the "mix" a bit better and also "felt" a few percent better when playing it, but really I was more surprised that the difference wasn't larger. So yeah, I really like the Magnum 44.

• Yes...it works....but it is far from un-colored, particularly when you turn it up to stage volume. I wouldn't use it as my main amp (I have a Camplifier 290), but I do carry it as a backup, both when using the Kemper and my Deluxe Reverb.

• I have the EH 22 Caliber and it works great. Though I do not gig with it, I leave it in my gig bag as a backup amp. You can turn it up just over half before it starts distorting like an amp sim. But for what I use it for, it perfect.

• I use a 44 magnum and a 2x12 cab for stage monitoring and I find it more than loud enough to keep up with a loud drummer and another guitarist with the same rig. The cab is not miced as I run DI to FOH so the sound isn't that important but I have found it to be plenty god for what it is.