FR Switch Wha on/off

• The same way I can choose to assign an expression pedal to Wha Wha I'd like to assign a On-Off switch to the Wha Wha that can be positioned in any slot (A,B,C,D) .
    Like this I can use the switch of an external pedal (like Mission or a modified Cry Baby) to turn Wha Wha on and off independently by the position I have it in the signal chain.
    Of course I even like to connect the switch to the remote (right now I need a long cable to go on the rear of the toaster), but I'm positive that is already asked and is in your list :)

• No, I don't want to use the I-IIII switches on the Remote, but an external switch that is on my expression pedal under the toe position.... like a normal, regular "old school" wha wha.
    Right now I need to connect it with a long cable to the rear of the KPA and I have to assign it to a fixed slot (A,B,C or D).

• Ok, switches aren't yet supported for the Remote.
    But it should be doable in short time

Yes, I know and I hope :)
    BTW my feature request is to assign a switch to the Wah Wah On-Off, no matter the slot position. It is not possible right now and the switches function are global so I'm stuck with the wha wha always in the same slot.

• Your idea would make the switch have no function when there is not a wah in the rig. If you always have a wah in your rigs, put it in the same slot, and Global by slot works fine.

Also, when the assignment is Global by slot, if you do not have a wah in the rig, you can use the switch for another effect in rigs that do not have a wah.

You are right, but it's exactly the same with the pedal assigned to Wha. If there is no wha the pedal does nothing.

IMHO is completely logical that when you have an expression pedal with a switch you want to assign that switch to the same effect of the pedal.

Anyway... I'm asking for an option so if you want to assign that external switch always to the slot A you can still do it, but if I want to put a compressor or a noise gate in front of the wha I can't do it (at the moment).

Even better if we can override the global assignment options in rigs... Just like we can do now with the wha pedal to volume.

• I just use different presets for different expression assignments, some have the Wah in A some have a whammy or a pure booster. If I need the Wah in a different slot I use a different switch to activate it. My Roland FC300 has it's midi CC's set globally too, though it does have the toe switches which are nice it would be great if the midi CC's were programmable on a patch by patch basis like the MFC1010. It's never good enough for us is it! lol

• You probably do not need said switch, as you can set the wah to bypass mode, when you stop moving the expression pedal.

Yes, indeed great feature, but I like to use the same pedal for volume and I need to use one  of the I-IIII switches (instead of the one on the external pedal) to turn off wha.

Also, for fixed positions (or very slow movement) of the wha that option doesn't help and I need to turn on and off the wha manually with a switch.

As I said, for me the possibility to assign an external pedal with a switch to the same effect is very logical and smart.
    The same way I can connect the expression pedal to the Remote and assign it to wha (no matter the slot) I'd like to connect the switch to the same remote and assign it to the same effect.

Thank you for your answer, I really appreciate that you read the forum and listen to client requests.

Regards,
    Carlo

• You can't change position of an effect once you've assigned it, so no way to bring those other stomps in front of the wah unless you change to a different rig.

Obviously if I want a different chain of effect I change rig, but at the moment the assignement of the external switches are fixed globally.

I don't know if I have to open another feature reqeist but I think that the possibility to assign pedals and switches per rig (overriding the global setting) to even more parameters will be very helpful in many cases.

• Obviously if I want a different chain of effect I change rig, but at the moment the assignement of the external switches are fixed globally.

I don't know if I have to open another feature reqeist but I think that the possibility to assign pedals and switches per rig (overriding the global setting) to even more parameters will be very helpful in many cases.

It would definitely be helpful, but not possible at the moment. Perhaps you could have different rigs for a wah in a fixed position and a wah which is based on touch. Just pull up the appropriate rig and forget about using the toe switch, since it can all be done with a single button press.

• Yes, of course I can use workarounds. I can even assign one of the I-IIII switches to the wha so I don't waste a performance slot.
    My point is in order to improve the use of KPA, not to find a workaround.

I'm one of the earlier users and endorser of Kemper in Italy and sometimes I even do "lessons" of KPA to new users in my area...
    Honestly, the weakest and weirdest points to explain are the effect presets management (with the presets knob that doesn't follow my choice previously made with the Effect type knob) and the external pedals management.
    The global pedal assignment to an effect (pedal to wha and then the check box "wha to vol", "vol to pitch", etc.) are a bit confusing and the switches that have different assignment (to a slot and not an effect like the pedals) are not easy to manage when you have an external pedal with the toe switch.

IMHO would be so simple and useful to have a new page inside the Rig settings where I can override global assignment of pedals and switches to any parameter I want including mix of effect, modulation, gain, etc... Without changing anything in the global parameters.

• Do you use rigs with two active stomps in front of the wah wah, as well as rigs with two active stomps after the wah wah?

Are you telling me that I should put the wha wha always in Stomp B? :)

BTW, right now the answer to you question is yes. I have most of my Rigs with the Wha in the stomp C because I was using the FCB-Uno4Kemper (that is not flexible at all! :-)) with the 5 stomps for A-B-MOD-DELAY-TAP. The stomp C was always Wha Wha with the pedal mode "Bypass @ Stop".
    Now, with the Remote, in some rig I'd like to put the Wha in front of everything or maybe in the Stomp B... and I know that I can do it, but I have to miss some nice feature and convenience. I'll lose the Volume pedal or I need to activate the wha with another switch on the remote instead the most logical one... the one under the toe position of my pedal.
    Maybe I can reorganize all of my old rigs swapping the stomps B-C, but I'm not sure if they're going to sound the same.

Anyway, if you are planning to add this simple features (assign a switch to the same effect of the pedal, connecting an external switch to the remote) I prefer to wait.... in the meantime I'll do some "tap-dancing" to activate the wha from the remote instead that from the toe-switch.
    Thank you for your answer, please let me know if my requests are possible or not.... I would really appreciate it.
    Regards,
    Carlo

IMHO would be so simple and useful to have a new page inside the Rig settings where I can override global assignment of pedals and switches to any parameter I want including mix of effect, modulation, gain, etc... Without changing anything in the global parameters.

Very good idea!