KPA 3.0.1 FW UPDATE FROM 2.5 ?

• I hope I am not in the wrong section here, I just got my kpa back, & want to update so when my remote gets here I will be ready, I really don't have a good memory, but I seem to have read somewhere that one needs to update to 1.8 or something to that effect, before going to 3.0.1, I did a google search with no results, but may have not worded the search correctly, , thanks in advance , roger

• The Remote will not work with 2.6 - I suggest updating to Firmware 3.0.1 Public Beta, and downloading Rig Manager 1.3.1

Some users are reporting problems with making new direct amp profiles in 3.0.1, but it fixed the below issues that were still present in 3.0.0:

User Interface
     fixed: handling of old Amplifier Presets
     fixed: volume of Aux In into S/PDIF OUT now controlled via “Aux In > Main”
     fixed: potential software error when copying Amplifier Module
     fixed: receiving MIDI commands while channel set to “Omni”
     fixed: notes being displayed and “Mute Signal” flag being processed when Profiler gets started in Tuner Mode
     improved: USB-stick compatibility and performance

• I did a google search with no results, but may have not worded the search correctly

I suggest to read the document named "How to update Kemper Profiler firmware.pdf" that is within the ZIP archive you've downloaded. Especially the following paragraph:

In case the current firmware installed on your Profiler is older than 1.8.2 Release you need to take an interim step and upgrade to 1.8.2 first, before you will be able to install current firmware. Therefor firmware 1.8.2 Release is included in this upgrade package for your convenience.