Has anyone tried the Yamaha DXS12?

• No question there's a lot of love here for the DXR10's (as I'm an enthusiastic owner/fan as well)

But I'm curious if anyone has happened to try their Kemper driving both the DXR10 with it's matching DXS12 sub.
    I guess I wondering whether another DXR10 running stereo or if adding the Sub would yield the greater value. (A subjective question I know) :whistling:

By value, I'm thinking overall sound balance.
    i.e. (2) DXR10's = More mids / stereo or (1) DXR10 + (1) DXS12 = Added bass, same mids, more balanced sound

Maybe adding/running a sub is more for DJ type use, but I'm wondering whether straight guitar sounds would benefit from this type of setup too.
    Thx

Happy Kemper

• +1 for 2 DXRs IMHO it just sounds so great ! I don't see a sub adding anything more sound wise than the DXR can't already handle.

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't

• Adding a subwoofer would certainly sound good, I don't think the sonic difference would be worth carrying the extra gear, because it would have to be very quiet to avoid muddying up the guitar onstage. When they are used for mains, the sound tech typically removes low end from the guitars.

I originally got the DXR just for fast set up/tear down gigs, and intended to keep using the Bose for everything else. I ended up taking the DXR to a festival sized stage, and it had no trouble filling my side of it. At that point, the Bose quit going to gigs.