Browser mode switching

• Question about switching in browse mode.

Tonight I had to do a quick go with the remote at rehearsal. Having all of my stuff setup with the FCB1010.
    Like for instance:
    Rig A on midi ch 1
    Rig B on midi ch 2
    Rig C on midi ch 3 and on and on....

never quite got the hang of how the remote sees my stuff now. I kept on hit the 1 through 5 buttons the up and down buttons thinking i would run across my setup in the order i had them in but didn't seem to find them.
    I felt like I was getting rigs that weren't any of the ones I've had setup for live, just seemed like I was getting any old random rig.

Can someone clarify how the remote sees my rigs now please...
    Do I need to set my usual rigs back to match buttons in browse mode?
    I have not entered into performance mode, browse always gave me what I need and hadn't had the time off yet.

Sorry for the "to fast to read" start, assistance appreciated in advance.

• Yeah I read that small phrase but is that it? I would have to add a number to the name to scroll through in an order then or alphabetically? Or learn Performance on the fly I suppose....

• Ok posted then read the one you listed....guess I'm accurate unless I go perf-mode, Thanks! ....But I really thought browse with throwin midi assignments in worked fine for me, oh well the remotes future is worth the change I suppose!!

• If you don't want to spend the money, you can get the UNO4KEMPER chip for the FCB1010. I used it until I bought the Remote. I have ONLY ever used Performance mode.....I don't even know how to use Browse mode because I think I have to assign each rig in some manner which you describe(?). Much easier to take a rig I like and drop it into the Performance slot then step forward and backwards that way.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• Yeah I read that small phrase but is that it? I would have to add a number to the name to scroll through in an order then or alphabetically? Or learn Performance on the fly I suppose....

Definitely +1 for using performance mode. Population slots in PM is even faster than renaming rigs in BM.

• I wasn't around here yet back then, but I know Performance Mode wasn't implemented until Firmware 2.0.0 (June 2013).

Before that, assigning midi Program Change numbers to rigs in Browse Mode was the only way to remotely control the Kemper. Would it be fair to say that this was always a kind of workaround in anticipation of the proper remote control that came with Performance Mode?

It's just something I've always been curious about. I don't see any advantages to using Browse Mode for remote control currently, so the only way the existence of PC assignment in Browse Mode makes any sense to me is as a kind of vestige of the days before Performance Mode was introduced. And now the Kemper Remote doesn't even use these assignments in Browse Mode anymore, so it seems that the Kemper team are actively discouraging Browse Mode for live use.

And rightly so, I think: in a device that can hold 1000 and more amp profiles, it's a great idea to differentiate between use cases where you can sit down and leisurely browse through all of these (for example, in a studio setting) and performing situatuations where you just need a much smaller subset tailored for live playing.

• Thanks for the direction. Now with the addition of my kick azz remote I will merge over performance mode....now if I can get my fingers to follow suit euphoria will be known!! On my way to UPS to snag my replacement remote by the way..fingers crossed she's packed better...thanks again!