[SOLVED] Issues about s/pdif connection in Reaper

• Hey, I just got my kemper and I'm enjoying it so far.
    I connected it to my Roland Quad Capture UA-55 audio interface through the s/pdif connection but I have some doubts about reamping.

1)On the "Output" settings, what should I choose to get one input for the guitar tone processed and one for the DI? there are some options like git/left stereo, git/mod left etc... and I can't figure out what's the ""right"" option I need to check.

2)When I have the DI track into my daw ( I use Reaper), how can I send the signal back to the kemper to reamp it? I know that I need to select "spdif in" instead of "Direct In" in the Input settings, but if I play the DI track on Reaper with the monitoring ON, I don't get the reamped tone.
    P.s. I connected one coaxial cable from the Kemper output to the Roland input and one from the Roland output to the Kemper input.

3) I noticed that the Kemper doesn't record stereo effects like delay and reverb even if they're checked; If I connect the headphones straight into the kemper I can hear them though.
    Where's the issue?

Thanks a lot in advance !

• Hi,

Using reaper and the same Roland Quad Capture .... no issue at all.

For Output option ... I mainly use git/master mono to record 2 mono tracks (one DI and one Amped). If i really need the stereo effect, either i record the analog output or i change the kemper SPDIF output to master and i feed it with the previously recorded DI (just like for a reamp session

• Hey! So basically you record a mono DI track and then you reamp it using stereo effects like delay, right?
    And what about reamping? I read that it's really easy but idk, I can't figure out how to do it :(
    When I have my DI Track on Reaper, what do I need to do ? Thanks a lot man!
    EDIT: Solved!

Edited once, last by Ludo95 ().