Can we please get some kind of Kemper Editor Software for your computer

• Cannot understand why some people continuously come on to tell others why they dont need something they would like to have.
    Where is the logic in this.

i feel you, but I guess that, given the limited amount of man-hours for R&D, it's important to know which percentage of users need/want something, and which one would like that developing time to be devoted to something else.
    So, if I'm eagerly awaiting for - say - an editor, and someone requires - say - an infinite sustain, and many users reinforce the latter request, I guess being aware of the number of people who would definitely not be interested in that is as important as the request itself.

another consideration is that we all want the Profiler to do everything we need, but at the same time want it to stay as simple as possible, and as easy to maintain and troubleshoot. And this is the paradox BTW.
    having said this, the less ("useless", "unused" or "unuseable") functions are implemented, the better the device will perform.
    Ultimately, I believe that the number of those who do not want a given function is equally important as the number of those who want it. And this with no judgement whatsoever about the request itself.

Hope this makes sense :)

• i feel you, but I guess that, given the limited amount of man-hours for R&D, it's important to know which percentage of users need/want something, and which one would like that developing time to be devoted to something else.
    So, if I'm eagerly awaiting for - say - an editor, and someone requires - say - an infinite sustain, and many users reinforce the latter request, I guess being aware of the number of people who would definitely not be interested in that is as important as the request itself.

another consideration is that we all want the Profiler to do everything we need, but at the same time want it to stay as simple as possible, and as easy to maintain and troubleshoot. And this is the paradox BTW.
    having said this, the less ("useless", "unused" or "unuseable") functions are implemented, the better the device will perform.
    Ultimately, I believe that the number of those who do not want a given function is equally important as the number of those who want it. And this with no judgement whatsoever about the request itself.

Hope this makes sense :)

I agree completely. I know that I've not posted in this thread because I'm somewhat ambivalent about an editor, and there might be quite a few others who feel the same.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I personally feel that after all this time it must be quite clear at Kemper HQ that the majority of users would be positive 'pro editor'.
    No doubt about it.
    That said, obviously this hasn't been the top priority feature request in Kemper's books (and IMO rightfully so).
    And it's always better and makes a more mature impression to simply voice your opinion about a certain feature request.
    All the 'the editor must happen now or the Profiler is not competitive any more' rants are so childish and immature when actually the opposite seems to be true (that more and more pros go Kemper) that I imagine CK must be constantly shaking his head reading posts like these.

• I personally feel that after all this time it must be quite clear at Kemper HQ that the majority of users would be positive 'pro editor'.
    No doubt about it.
    That said, obviously this hasn't been the top priority feature request in Kemper's books (and IMO rightfully so).
    And it's always better and makes a more mature impression to simply voice your opinion about a certain feature request.
    All the 'the editor must happen now or the Profiler is not competitive any more' rants are so childish and immature when actually the opposite seems to be true (that more and more pros go Kemper) that I imagine CK must be constantly shaking his head reading posts like these.

i think that the "childish rants" are just built from frustration. im sure nobody means no harm, just want an editor and theres a lot of speculations being thrown around of the inside workings of the kemper company. i guess it would be good to hear from an inside source if an editor of some kind is going to happen or not. and put things to rest.

• How editors work in digital guitar gear? Take for example Guitar Rig. Well, you can load a rig or create new one. Imagine loading a rig. Imagine there is Kemper Rig Editor.... :D

• Imagine there's editor
    It's easy if you try
    No turning knobs
    You have to only use mouse
    Imagine forum users
    Happy as hell

Imagine VST in your DAW
    It isn't hard to do
    No pressing buttons 3 meters away
    And no RigManager too
    Imagine Kemper sales
    Bosting to the skyyyy wooooo-hooooo

You may say I'm a dreamer
    But there is forum full of us
    We hope someday to have editor
    And the world will be as one

Edited 2 times, last by skoczy ().

• JUST IMAGINE (this is not actual Kemper Amps software, at least I that I am aware of)

--- ==== DO YOU LIKE IT'S LAYOUT? ====---

1 - Your local rigs which now you have in Rig Manager
    2 - Amps from local rigs (by amp I mean amp part a rig)
    3 - Click to switch from Rig Manager to your Components to craft new rig, choose from amps (which you have in point 2), stomps and FX that reside in Kemper and cabs
    4 - Rig Info just show tags which you see by pressing RIG button now in Kemper, yuo can Store (Replace) and Store As... (like Snapshot now works actually)
    5 - Just Amp parameters, GAIN, Definition, Pick, Compressor etc
    6 - Cabinet with HI FREQ, LOW FREQ and Character (also volume)

[Blocked Image: http://s27.postimg.org/t4v7do5lv/kemper_rig_editor.jpg]

Edited 7 times, last by skoczy ().

• My main reason for an editor is that I always play at my home.
    I have a very nice PC with a very nice big screen, actually two of them.

As half way decent as the layout is on the KPA, there is still a lot of scrolling and button pushing with a pretty small and unimpressive screen to squint at. My vision isn't what it used to be I guess. I have had my KPA for a good while now and I may have gone into the menu 20 times to modify the effects or what have you. No joke. I don't go in there any more. I just find it old and a bit cumbersome. Some may find it intuitive the way it is. I don't entirely agree. If you are in the menu all of the time you will get proficient at it.

I am not so I kind of have to relearn it a bit each time. This is a turn off for me. So I just avoid it.

I need pictures dammit.
    A nice gui with stomps and stuff.

I would like to play some more with the settings and effects.
    More speedily and at a glance. Not squinting at the tiny screen on the KPA.
    More, on the fly you might say.

Now come back and tell me how you know better on what I like or would want.

said with a smile :)

• The same for me. I don't play live. I don't need remote. I don't need all that MIDI. I don't need/use Performance. I am bedroom player. I wanna suck at playing but spend less time. Turning knobs and pressing buttons eats makes my sucky playing even more worst :)

But Kemper is amp. Looks like amp (first head incarnation). Sounds like amp. Has knobs like amp. Have you seen software for Mesa Boosie MKIV? So I have this feeling that Kemper Rig Editor like presented here will never come :) Take for example RigManager - it is on the market for over 1.5 yrs and it cannot preview cabs and FX... But it can do that MIDI Performance stuff which I do not use :) Because I don't play live. And Performance Mode is for live playing - check manual. Peace ;)

Edited once, last by skoczy ().

• The same for me. I don't play live. I don't need remote. I don't need all that MIDI. I don't need/use Performance. I am bedroom player. I wanna suck at playing but spend less time. Turning knobs and pressing buttons eats makes my sucky playing even more worst :)

But Kemper is amp. Looks like amp (first head incarnation). Sounds like amp. Has knobs like amp. Have you seen software for Mesa Boosie MKIV? So I have this feeling that Kemper Rig Editor like presented here will never come :) Take for example RigManager - it is on the market for over 1.5 yrs and it cannot preview cabs and FX... But it can do that MIDI Performance stuff which I do not use :) Because I don't play live. And Performance Mode is for live playing - check manual. Peace ;)

It can - just use lock function for what you don't want to change.

• It can - just use lock function for what you don't want to change.

I heard that @DamianGreda but it requires me to move where my Kemper is to press the buttons. It is farther than my hand can reach. This workaround (loading while rig into Kemper where amp is locked) you mentioned unfortunately doesn't help with FX. But you have to admit that RigManager has more updates regarding Performance than exploring all Kemper features. Peace ;)

To start previewing preview cabs using RigManager I have to lock STOMPS, AMP, EQ and EFFECTS. TO do so I have to press LOCK and while holding LOCK press STOMPS, AMP., EQ and EFFECTS. So it needs 5 movements. Why checking 1 cab of 100 would require 5 moves not 1? ;) It is doable but not natural to say at least :) Is the LOCK function Kemper distinctive for Kemper only? Has any other device LOCK function, which works in a way similar to Kemper?

• Well - this could be a nice feature request . Hold lock to lock everything else then the selected module:) LOCK NOT(inverted).

!LOCK :D by the way, that !LOCK would also lock input and output. But we can always make another one request so that !LOCK would not lock input and output if the option is selected... ;)

But this idea is nice, since no editor will be available in my opinion. I could make in RM folder with 20 best cabs (off course rigs with these cabs). Then lock everything but CAB and just click on every of 20 rigs, to hear just cabs. This is kind of solution. Should I make a formal request? 8o Maybe !LOCK could be done by pressing LOCK and COPY at the same time...

• I think that there's no "I-have-all-features-and-my-sounds-are-the-best-in-the-world"-device. The KPA features a lot of unique stuff like profiling, for me it's also the only digital device with authentic amp-tones.

It is like it is, some wishes may come true, some not. ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• I think that there's no "I-have-all-features-and-my-sounds-are-the-best-in-the-world"-device. The KPA features a lot of unique stuff like profiling, for me it's also the only digital device with authentic amp-tones.

It is like it is, some wishes may come true, some not. ;)

Yes it has authentic amp tones. But since it is all digital running some operating system, it is programmable. But we got amp-like design in both shape and control ;)

By the way, for many people AXE FXII is "I-have-all-features-and-my-sounds-are-the-best-in-the-world" device. They simply don't need to sound like authentic amp. The sounds of modeled model is perfect there.