Can we please get some kind of Kemper Editor Software for your computer

• This thread started on Mar 27th 2015. By now, if everyone learned one thing a week on the unit itself, they'd be gurus, without a need for an editor.. It's a "nice to have". Definitely not a necessity.

No amount of learning/practice will make my arms longer or fix my back. :)

I tweak a lot less than I used to, so it's not that big a deal.

• This thread started on Mar 27th 2015. By now, if everyone learned one thing a week on the unit itself, they'd be gurus, without a need for an editor.. It's a "nice to have". Definitely not a necessity.

It has nothing to do with understanding how the unit functions for a lot of people. I understand how to access every feature perfectly, but it's a lot more efficient to access certain features using a drop down menu with a mouse and keyboard (eg. selecting an effects preset or swapping cabs) than to twist a knob or push a button 15 - 20 times. Further, as mentioned multiple times in this thread, the KPA isn't always located within arms reach making physical access impractical. Additionally, some older users have a difficult time viewing text on the front panel.

• It has nothing to do with understanding how the unit functions for a lot of people. I understand how to access every feature perfectly, but it's a lot more efficient to access certain features using a drop down menu with a mouse and keyboard (eg. selecting an effects preset or swapping cabs) than to twist a knob or push a button 15 - 20 times. Further, as mentioned multiple times in this thread, the KPA isn't always located within arms reach making physical access impractical. Additionally, some older users have a difficult time viewing text on the front panel.

THIS RIGHT HERE is the reaon why a piece of equipment in this price range should have better/more features for accessing Every configurable effects/tone parameter available on this thing through the computer. I't has nothing to do with not wanting to learn it, as a new user it just makes sense. In fact if i had the whole kemper interface on my screen that would be incredible. Do you know how much time i would save having to jump from my kemper over to my pc to look shit up, i could just do it all right here. All of this is entirely possible. I think i must have spent hours in my chair with my guitar hanging around my neck while im bent over turning buttons.

Edited once, last by IronWord: spelling, ().

• The argument is so black/white. I'm FOR a ... I'm don't CARE for a ...

The devil is in the details. What this thread should be about is:
    1) What features should an editor have
    2) How should they look
    3) What peripherals should they work with (i.e. touchscreens like iPad)

The devil is in the details. So many ASK for an editor and they WILL get one. But will it be how they'd like to have one?

Me, I'm an IDCare but if it's going to happen, who has a great editor out there that could be a model for this? The Fractal or Line6 ones, or something new? Discuss.. haha

• It has nothing to do with understanding how the unit functions for a lot of people. I understand how to access every feature perfectly, but it's a lot more efficient to access certain features using a drop down menu with a mouse and keyboard (eg. selecting an effects preset or swapping cabs) than to twist a knob or push a button 15 - 20 times. Further, as mentioned multiple times in this thread, the KPA isn't always located within arms reach making physical access impractical. Additionally, some older users have a difficult time viewing text on the front panel.

+1000 This is the point

• Me, I'm an IDCare but if it's going to happen, who has a great editor out there that could be a model for this? The Fractal or Line6 ones, or something new?

The Fractal editor is great. The Line 6 editor isn't bad, but I prefer knobs to sliders. But I guess sliders is better if one uses a touch screen...

• An interface for midi actions such as the remote would also be welcome

can you imagine a "virtual remote" with the same design as the real one?

especially if we can plug a bluetooth or wi-fi usb adapter

sweet

• The devil is in the details. What this thread should be about is:
    1) What features should an editor have
    2) How should they look
    3) What peripherals should they work with (i.e. touchscreens like iPad)

Exactly, no one can dispute the need for an editor for any digital device , as much I appreciate the easy KPA user interface and how fast I'm at it, period.

• Exactly, no one can dispute the need for an editor for any digital device , as much I appreciate the easy KPA user interface and how fast I'm at it, period.

Hmmm. So... How fast ARE you?... lol
    -
    I can see this turning into a nice annual KPA Olympics! Fastest Tone Matching, Most Accurate Profile, Kemper Playing Marathon, Relay Re-amping..

The winners get Gold, Silver or Bronze KPA knobs!

• I just bought the BIGSKY reverb just becuase i was getting tired of the kemper reverb. no regrets at all!

I know it's not PR on this forum, haha, but I use an FX8 for it's COMP/DLY/REVERB combo. I got it mostly for the Reverbs, but truthfully, there is something 3D about the delays and their comp just does something that I didn't have when I used pedals.

I'd LOVE 3 pedals to replace this, but I'm afraid it would cost just as much, probably more. You're Reverb is what, 400-500?

I had the H9 and while it was quality and has some crazy sounds, the FX8 Delay/Reverbs were just noticeably better sounding. More 'musical' to my ears. A 'wow' combination otherwise I'd have sold that quick.

I bought at the wrong time, too. I think I spent $900 and the MKII had just come out but I didn't know that. 2 weeks later it was $800. Now it's a little lower. Just a little Fractal Audio lesson for me. But that don't matter in the end if you USE the gear. And I do use it, so I'm not sore about it.

• The most crucial parameters for the Kemper reverb for me are "bandwidth" and "frequency" in that order. I haven't met a reverb that doesn't get muddy when applying more reverb mix Except for the Kemper reverb where narrowing the Bandwidth buy moving Bandwidth clock wise saves you from having to eq the reverb and amazingly clears the mud while retaining ambiance and reverb color. I wish every reverb has that parameter and I hope Kemper will keep a similar parameter in any future update.

Without "bandwidth", the reverb is unusable for me.

I think I'm going to try this tonight. Thanks.