Can we please get some kind of Kemper Editor Software for your computer

• Sorry if this has been mentioned before but I just bought a Kemper about a week ago after years of burning money on high end tube amps. I was pretty shocked to find that I had to edit all parameters and organize 999 profiles on that little screen and learn all those functions to edit and move rigs. How hard would it be for Kemper to generate a computer based program for this like Line 6 has for the Pod HD I don't need anything fancy. It would just make life so much easier. Its going to take months to get the kemper in a truly usable situation for my needs. Anyone else feel the need for this? It seems like a very logical thing for kemper to have created by now

• How is it easier adjusting parameters with a PC Mouse than it is using your fingers and the Kemper knobs & buttons?

"Its going to take months to get the kemper in a truly usable situation for my needs"

Not sure what your needs are but I supply full time pro guitarists with Kempers and they're gigging with the Kemper a few hours after getting it.

• How is it easier adjusting parameters with a PC Mouse than it is using your fingers and the Kemper knobs & buttons?

"Its going to take months to get the kemper in a truly usable situation for my needs"

Not sure what your needs are but I supply full time pro guitarists with Kempers and they're gigging with the Kemper a few hours after getting it.

I can see a need for it sometimes - I don't have room for the kemper on my desk :)

Anyway, to the OP: get Rig Manager (downloadable from the Kemper main page, under support I think) - that takes care of you most pressing concern, I think :)

• I can understand why some people would like an editor as its great to have all the options there at the click of a mouse but I do believe the user interface on the KPA has been thought out really well and allows the user to tweak with the minimal of effort. I just think it takes a little while to get used to where everything is and what the KPA is capable of

• Yeah i dont miss hd edit for the pod hd as much as i thought, given that it was way easier to use that than the pod hd's onboard controls. But part of that was bc the pod was a floorboard.

Pretty much every parameter in the kpa can be controlled via midi sysex commands. I believe there actually is a 3rd party midi editor out there somewhere

• KPA is very well laid out

But a desktop editor is ABSOLUTELY needed. Just naming rigs would be enough of a reason, but I also think editing parameters would be helpful from the desktop. I have a bad shoulder and reaching for my Kemper tends to irritate it.

PLEASE make us a desktop editor. Thanks!

• Mmmmmh

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Last I heard, this didn't control all the parameters I'd like, and it's development seems to be dead in the water.

• Another editor thread?
    Well, G String just closed one. ;)

I think it's safe to say that Kemper has acknowledged the general demand for an editor by now.
    No use to argue this again.

Agree - but if we have no results till now - the community starts to take the job in they hands.
    Why not?
    In face book page i saw a guy who post about making some DIY editor( 2 weeks ago).
    Maybe the better way for KPA team is to post full MIDI documentation about KPA(NRPN recived and sended to the KPA).
    This way the community can develop quiet good VST plug (editor) with automation like Everglades_Audio.
    There will be no support requests about this.There is just a lack of info about midi implementation.

More - The Rig MAnager working using MIDI with USB and the KPA?
    Why not to go this way? Acces Virus has MIDI driver for win and osx trough USB.
    Why the KPA does not have MIDI driver ? in debug mode there is an option to send MIDI with USB.
    Why there is no dedicated driver for PC? Or there is one but not publicly avaliable.

• Just to be clear, I find demanding an editor a totally valid request. ;)
    And I want one, too.
    I was just commenting about the arguments against one always being the same which led GS to close the other thread after >50 pages. ;)

• Oooh, oooh, I vote for an AU plugin instead! ;) (or is it easy to do both, maybe?)

• Yes, I think a good graphical interface would help me a lot. It's somehow easier to adjust a pedal with some knobs or an EQ with sliders and a screen with an EQ curve, and relevant colours (green scream) etc.

• Another editor thread?
    Well, G String just closed one. ;)

I think it's safe to say that Kemper has acknowledged the general demand for an editor by now.
    No use to argue this again.

The thread that wouldn't die ... :whistling:

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer