Can we please get some kind of Kemper Editor Software for your computer

• POD Farm was cracked; it could be run sans the USB connection to any L6 gear. Sorry to be the bringer of bad tidings, Dean.
    Personally, if I were CK, I wouldn't risk it, not when the intellectual property's value is, IMHO, virtually-inestimable.

I think I would overshred Paul Gilbert sooner, that Kemper company would release Kemper_Profiler_VST_5.2.2.exe :P
    Never gonna happen ;)

• I think I would overshred Paul Gilbert sooner, that Kemper company would release Kemper_Profiler_VST_5.2.2.exe :P Never gonna happen ;)

Well how about a vst editor that works inside any DAW that can store patches in sessions? Is that really to much to expect? You release that and one day one, you have a major advantage over all the competition., worth every minute spent in creating the editor! NO?

• Well how about a vst editor that works inside any DAW that can store patches in sessions? Is that really to much to expect? You release that and one day one, you have a major advantage over all the competition., worth every minute spent in creating the editor! NO?

Well how about a vst editor that works inside any DAW that can store patches in sessions? Is that really to much to expect? You release that and one day one, you have a major advantage over all the competition., worth every minute spent in creating the editor! NO?

From what I could garner about Kemper's logic for saying there wouldn't be an editor, I'm thinking they're worried about the operating system of the device being cracked because it's hooked up to Windows or a Mac. The Toaster and other editing efforts have all been based on midi manipulation, but I think there are much better ways to control the Kemper if Kemper Amps really wanted to.

Of course, the Axe FX and Line 6 Helix have editors as well and no one has been able to crack them, so perhaps it's just a matter of finding the resources to programme the thing.

• Well how about a vst editor that works inside any DAW that can store patches in sessions? Is that really to much to expect? You release that and one day one, you have a major advantage over all the competition., worth every minute spent in creating the editor! NO?

If by VST editor you mean something that works ONLY with hardware - I am with you.
    I just pointed that making VST Kemper that would work without hardware would be risky.

• That's how far it can get, guitar-players are complaining about not getting the exact high cut of 10000 Hz, just 9997.7 or 10002.3 Hz, but a nice editor would solve this "problem".

I'm sure Jimi Hendrix, Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page, S.R. Vaughan and many, many other great guitar-players never had this "problem"..... :whistling::D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• I don't understand people on here that say 'There is no need for..." Seriously? You would be happy with less? Hey! I have some limited items for sale at... " ;)

The Digitech Gsp 1101 doesn't -need- an editor, it has a nice foot pedal made for it, but it also has an editor. Big screens are easier than small screens. (We learned that coming out of the 80's) It's just an extra tool. More is better.

I'm sure some day in the future it could be offered, perhaps there are better ways than the usual approach, who knows. The effects are expanding which is awesome, perhaps this will be on the drawing board after there are no more effects to do. Always nice to have something to look forward to. ;)

• More is better

And less is more, so less editor is better ;)

Just kidding, I would like an editor, but it's not absolutely necessary IMO. I do see two big advantages for me personally:

• All effects parameters shown simultaneously on one screen (for example for EQ or new delays, which have many of them)
    • A visual representation of the Studio EQ, showing an EQ curve
  • I'm starting to come around to this idea. After recently having spent hours auditioning rigs and setting up performances, stomps & effects using Rig Manager and the Kemper interface itself, there has to be a better way.

• Yes, there is always a better way. And in these days, it is called a HUGE monitor! Sure, we've all had rack gear or whatever with the little 2" displays to guide us, and in kemper's case even a bigger 4.5 x 1.5 display and with very readable fonts and layout, and if you are on the fly and on stage and that is the only option to you for adjustments and troubleshooting and you can zip through the menus superfast, hey, cool. That is what it is designed to do. For me, only a few rack gear items ever had a nice simple layout, and it is a beautiful thing. But... For many people sitting in their home studio or pro studio or have a laptop for live or whatever, you simply can't beat seeing almost 100% of everything all at once. Those who have editors, 90% of the time you are using the editor, not the device controls. Why? Cause everything you are using it for is right in front of you! If you are recording, unless you have all of your connections right there on the table with you with the kemper at arms length, you are spinning around on your chair often. How nice to just pull up the editor window at the screen you are already looking at and simply go through it all immediately.

Lazy? Sure. George Jetson all the way!

• The Toaster and other editing efforts have all been based on midi manipulation, but I think there are much better ways to control the Kemper if Kemper Amps really wanted to

The KPA is already a network device. If you hook it up to a working LAN with basic routing and services it will happily obtain an IP-address from a DHCP-server and appear as an IP-host. Its software would however require some work to make the KPA and its foot-controller coexist with other devices on a LAN, and you need a switch that is able to provide power over the network (PoE) for the remote. One would for example need code that is able to keep multiple pairs of profilers and remotes connected but separate. In the past we have already seen beta-releases of the firmware with network functionality in the form of a web-server providing a "remote-simulator" that would display information in a web-browser. There are huge opportunities for interaction with other devices on such a network, an editor-app on a computer/tablet/smartphone is just one of many.