Can we please get some kind of Kemper Editor Software for your computer

• I would like an editor as well. I enjoy working very quickly within my DAW, and my Kemper is on a shelf behind my laptop, its a pain to constantly turn knobs when I need to customize patches. I think an editor would be clutch

• I've always found scrolling through multiple effect types to find the one I want tiresome.

If I need a chorus, I have to pass the od and dist stomps. The noise and inconvenience are sub par in such a great piece of kit.

This is why I wish Autoload could be switched OFF....and left off. I hate it and never use it.
    Every time I pass the distortion stomps I get LOUD noise as it amplifies the rig.

You can only turn Autoload off temporarily. It will come back on the next time you restart your Kemper.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• This is why I wish Autoload could be switched OFF....and left off. I hate it and never use it.Every time I pass the distortion stomps I get LOUD noise as it amplifies the rig.

You can only turn Autoload off temporarily. It will come back on the next time you restart your Kemper.

Hello HcarlH,

I am not presently in front of my KPA. However, I am thinking you might try this:

Enter the SYSTEM menu (hold SYSTEM button), and turn to the page which has "Rig Autoload", and uncheck it. As this is a GLOBAL setting, I would assume that the KPA will remember and retain the state of this parameter, even after power down and recycle.

Give it a try, and let me know if it works.

Cheers,
    John

• Hi @Tritium, @HCarlH was refering to "Autoload" option for FX presets which in fact is ALWAYS ON after you restart Kemper Profiler.

• Yeah, a member asked at NAMM.

Not sure if there was an "official" announcement or not (I don't think there was), but we all took it from the reported response that it's being worked on. Could be a little while 'though.

it appears that somebody asked somebody something and something was replied in return. Let me just point out that

a) no official comment or announcement was made at any time
    b) we don't know who apparently said something and what this person apparently said

this rumour should be put to rest, it doesn't help anybody. apparently. thank you.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• I know how people at trade shows can be...

"If I tell you there's an editor will you go away and leave me alone...?"

"In that case, yes there is, it's being released with the new firmware that allows you to load in axe-fx presets"

:P:P

• it appears that somebody asked somebody something and something was replied in return. Let me just point out that
    b) we don't know who apparently said something and what this person apparently said

this rumour should be put to rest, it doesn't help anybody. apparently. thank you.

Lol. I think this would also apply to the rumours about reverbs being in the pipeline.

I mean, WE KNOW THEY ARE COMING. Right?

Hahaha

• Well, if it were a matter of answering "yes" to every question in order to make someone go away, it's a wonder not every question was greeted the same.

I understand Kemper being secretive about new products and research & development, but their coy nature about everything, including an editor is somewhat bizarre.

And someone recently linked to a post maybe a year or 2 ago from Christoph on this forum saying new reverbs were #2 on their list. Considering where we are now, who knows how fluid the priority list at Kemper may be, so what may be high on the list yesterday isn't today. Still, no editor would be a shame.

• I don't think there will ever be an announcement, that they are working on an editor.
    They will either just come with a beta release (without having it announcing) or we won't here anything about them working or not working on an editor.

(that's just what I'm guessing, no official facts!)

• I find myself in the rather odd and uncomfortable position of having to admit that at this point, an editor has become almost a mandatory requirement for me. My main attraction to the Kemper at first was the ability to have so many different amp profiles at my fingertips, but now a year and a half later +/-, I find I have pretty much exhausted the thrill of exploring new profiles and mostly settled on three-four amps. What is most frustrating to me now is the ongoing battle of trying to come up with an acceptable strategy for managing presets across the performances I have for those amps. I'm at the juncture where if some sort of remedy isn't provided, the pros/cons of the Kemper vs. finding a tube amp & sticking my Line 6 M13 in front of it are starting to look like they might lean in the other direction. Don't get me wrong, I love the Kemper and how far I have made it so far with it, but I'm not interested in forever tweaking away on that tiny screen, saving and then copy/pasting many, many times every time I change I preset. At this point I feel like the whole thing should be much easier somehow, and its not, and I am spending a lot more time squinting at the controls on the face of my toaster than I am actually playing music, and quite frankly, thats unacceptable. YMMV

• it appears that somebody asked somebody something and something was replied in return. Let me just point out that

Sorry G String; I was only reporting things exactly as I and many others saw them Here, on Jan 20th 2017

Frankly, I don't understand why no mod said anything when this report was discussed on and off in the NAMM thread for many pages, but when I mention it it's all of a sudden taboo. There wouldn't be a double standard for me, would there?

Nevertheless, I respect your wishes, G String, so I'll leave it up to all the other members who've perpetuated the "rumour" to desist in light of the rap across my 20 knuckles. Consider the Monkey gagged.