Can we please get some kind of Kemper Editor Software for your computer

• I almost feel guilty about asking for an editor.

I think I'm seeking the best of both worlds.

I recently came here from the Helix.
    Helix is a beautiful box with very cool design and an excellent UI.
    Big color screen and incredible routing possibilities.
    Numerous effects and easy access to them.
    It also includes a fully functional computer editor.

My only problem with the Helix was the sound of the sounds.
    Even with much tweaking and adding 3rd party IRs, it never sounded very good to me.
    Much better when I'd stack gobs of effects, but the basic sounds never felt good to play.

When the Kemper arrived, I got the K fever.
    From the first plug and play, I was amazed.
    There is magic in this box.

So now I'm wanting to tweak and create sounds.
    I'm finding that the tiny dim screen is not working for me.
    Feels like I should wear a mining helmut and goggles. :)
    The Kemper UI is great, but I'm spoiled by the Helix UI.

A Kemper editor would be a wonderful addition to an already wonderful product.

• Nice conclusion :)

Agree.

In the early days of mobile phones they did calls. Then calls and texts. Then a calendar. Then emails, games, web browsing, you name it. Would the latest phones be able to cope with this level of complexity if the way you interacted with it did not change? I don't think so. If you jammed all those features in and kept the same tiny screen, most folks wouldn't get the best out of it.

What we have now is an awesome unit in terms of the sound; core sound was always great and the effects are becoming increasingly brilliant. Being able to see what you're doing via an editor would be marvellous and would allow everyone to get the best out of the unit, whatever the best means to them. I understand that some guys are happy with the knobs and small screen but, even if you're not a tweaker, it's plain to see that menu diving for those who wish to needs an update to keep up with the other evolutions in this great box of green happiness.

• Deja thread: Editor pétition.

Congrats boys, we are nearing the 27 page mark, where the last longish "we need an editor" conversation took place. In 2013.

What do we know?
    - We've been told, kinda, maybe, that *an* engineer was hired to work on an editor.
    - There seems to be a divided camp in terms of new reverb algorithms vs. editor. Totally understandable. If I were waving a magic wand, I'd say get the Reverbs nailed down before the editor.
    - Kemper Kamp, as is habit, has remained vague and non-committal (in terms of reverb release) on both sides. Maybe it was the delayed Delays of 2016 that has quashed the promise of features and prediction of release date. Hush-hush from Kemper is part of their culture. This is too bad, as over in Fractal World, communication, releases and fixes are fast a furious. Hell, the captain of the ship over there is known to directly answer questions from the masses. Different strokes.

OK, head back in sand. Hopefully this knob won't wear out...

• This is too bad, as over in Fractal World, communication, releases and fixes are fast a furious. Hell, the captain of the ship over there is known to directly answer questions from the masses. Different strokes.

Yea great..lets make this blog and the whole product a kindergarten too..new FWs every few days,re-programming of our presets every few days because captain Ahab has a new englightment for the "realer sound" and how to run the ship on the next rock with the "masses" hailing him..that is really a great idea..

The editor is coming.Just give the guys the time they need to do it.

• Hell, the captain of the ship over there is known to directly answer questions from the masses. Different strokes.

Same stroke in this regard, actually. CK chimes in quite often.

He just doesn't release sound-engine improvements regularly... or ever.

• The cell phone analogy is adept.... however:

If the smart phone had connection problems, and you couldn't hear the person you were talking to, and they had trouble hearing you, etc, etc, then all the bells and whistles wouldn't make most of us want the device since it fails to do its primary task ..... be a good phone.

Most people chose the Kemper over the Helix (or even the Axe II Fx) because it is the most authentic sounding digital device money can buy.

Second, many people (like myself) buy it because in addition to sounding so good, it is a very good live setup replacing tons (ok, maybe just a hundred or so pounds ;) ) of other equipment and is fast and efficient to setup live.

I don't tweak much. I tweaked to get my sound, now I leave it alone for the most part.

The strongest argument for an editor I have seen is the need to manage shows more efficiently. Ironically, this is a fairly simple task from a software point of view and could be easily implemented IMO. This is a far cry from a complete editor though.

• The first conversation "we need an editor" is now over 5 years old and its among oldest feature requests on this forum.

If the smart phone had connection problems, and you couldn't hear the person you were talking to, and they had trouble hearing you, etc, etc, then all the bells and whistles wouldn't make most of us want the device since it fails to do its primary task ..... be a good phone.

Unless your in WIFI coverage and you can find info on Internet.... but can't call :D But you can send message over facebook ;) But this is really extreme scenario.

Didn't hurt the iPhone any. :D

I hate emojis, but I hate being misunderstood more. :)

• Editor would be really nice, but it's not a must have. Kemper had many great ideas in mind over the last years. If they are working on the next step to perfection i would say Editor should be the last thing to work on.
    On the other hand if they would give it to another company to program a nice editor i would surely pay for it if it's worth. ;)

Maybe there are some safety issues with an connected editor about the code, we don't know. ?(

• This whole conversation is stupid. It ended before the Kemper was even born. Once editors came out, there was no looking back. Hell, we even have bigger screens on our radios in our cars! We have delt with the little hardware screens all throughout the 80's and 90's, and it was the -ONLY- option. We have learned that with the more massive processors (first there was rack one effect, then two, then four! then seven! then 21! then 500!!!) once you get to the level of wayyy too much, the whole idea of controlling it all with a 1.5 x 4" screen is pretty ridiculous, regardless how well it is organized. The screens are NOT designed for perfect usage, just ~~~~> FORM FACTOR. It fits the hardware. So the work arounds are many. With a giant monitor, you can fit ~~~~~> More stuff <~~~~ to work with immediately. The advantage is obvious. So again, there is no contest here. Even for live or jamming in a garage or where ever, a nice little laptop sitting on the top can prove useful. Only if there is no ability to have a large screen setup is the built in display necessary. The future is now. We can multitask. We can have more than one. We are not stuck with an 8 track player that only has a fast forward. So when the editor comes out and it will, because it only makes sense and I believe it is even available on their other virus products, it will be the welcomed final piece of the puzzle. And all the nay sayers will jump on like it was all their idea which will be most amusing. So there is no more to talk about on this, unless you have some desire to work backwards. If those of you think everything is find and just accept what is given to you, Kemper should make a unit that has an even smaller display and twice as many sub menus because you will accept it completely. Moving forward is better, the end. (Also, I don't care about putting spaces between paragraphs, if those of you can't read well enough or have ADD, you are a lost cause anyway, haha)

• The kemper would be much improved by having an editor, no question.

A piece of equipment like this requires an editor for smooth and prompt control during a session.

Making adjustments via the small screen is time consuming and at times frustrating.

There is no point in arguing to the contrary, while other units that share the same purpose have better user interfaces and editors that they are praised for.

• I think I'm gonna step in to the discussion and +1 for the editor ;)

For me, the reason would mainly be ergonomics: Imagine having a studio desk with a 88 key keyboard (some people play piano too ;)) in front of the desk, and the screen/laptop somewhere behind it. I have two 4 unit racks on the sides, which also serve as monitor stands. But in the end, those racks are too much to the side to be confortably editing the kempers' presets and they still inhibit laying transcriptions, scores or whatever paper on my desk. Also, I have the Kemper in a SKB rack for a bit of outside use, and putting that rack on top of the desk would totally be uncomfortable, as it would seriously compete with my screen, piano keyboard, laptop and monitors for desktop real-estate. I've been having a massive headache over this for some time now ;)

An editor would allow me to put the kemper rack somewhere tucked away under the desk, quickly connected with USB and audio out, and have all the controls on my screen, together with whatever I'm currently working or practicing on... Hell, I finally understand why the Virus TI's VST integration is so handy (though this isn't even necessary).

Plan B would be to use some guitar amp-VST in my man cave (I own both Logic X and Komplete 11), but seriously, why did I buy a Kemper then? Oh yes, I could profile my Guitar Rig 5 settings and use them on the road :D

• Given the amount of enquiries regarding an editor,it would be nice if Kemper would update the status,,either yes guys it's months away or it ain't happening.At least then we all have a resolve,we're in suspended aninmation ATM

• Given the amount of enquiries regarding an editor,it would be nice if Kemper would update the status,,either yes guys it's months away or it ain't happening.At least then we all have a resolve,we're in suspended aninmation ATM

seems like that would be the thing to do.... this has been going on a long time with no response. cant figure out the silence. i really dont need a surprise! here it is! either... yea or nay would work for me.