Can we please get some kind of Kemper Editor Software for your computer

• This :thumbup:

This for second time.

I have not used Performance Mode for over 5 years since I have a Kemper. I know it's valuable feature for many, but for me it doesn't add anything to the equation. I use Browser mode exclusively.

I wonder if Kemper could make some kind of web
    survey to ask registered users, how they use their Kempers :)

Another question could be: "how much in a scale from 1 to 5 you need an editor to help manage your rigs, presets and cabs"

There are many simple ways nowadays to get people's opinions :)

• IMHO, a VST plug-in to recall the rigs on a track of your sequencer (through RM for exemple) would be better than an editor.

An editor that could work as a stand-alone program or as a VST(i) would be perfect.

Is it possible to get current rig data via MIDI? If it is possible then storing/recalling track specific rigs (or even take specific rigs) would be possible in REAPER by using ReaScript Lua.

We can use Ctrlr as a lite version of an editor. Here's a MIDI communication test:

"MIDI data flow":

RM -> Kemper -> Ctrlr panel
    or
    Ctrlr panel -> Kemper
    or
    Kemper -> Ctrlr panel

• There really is no reason for Kemper to not have a full fledged Editor for the KPA. The ease if use an editor provides for changing cabs, all parameters on all effects including inputs and outputs, etc... would make using the KPA much easier. Just having to scroll through cabs for a profile to hear which cabs sound best is a major pain in the a@&.

I would hope Kemper is making this priority #1 and not something like new reverbs. I can always buy a reverb unit to use with the KPA. I can't buy an editor.

The Kemper Profiling Amp is the best musical invention since the Electric Guitar and the Marshall Amp .

• There really is no reason for Kemper to not have a full fledged Editor for the KPA. The ease if use an editor provides for changing cabs, all parameters on all effects including inputs and outputs, etc... would make using the KPA much easier. Just having to scroll through cabs for a profile to hear which cabs sound best is a major pain in the a@&.

I would hope Kemper is making this priority #1 and not something like new reverbs. I can always buy a reverb unit to use with the KPA. I can't buy an editor.

It's funny how different people view this subject so differently ;)

For me, If I really needed an editor, I would write one. I can't write myself a new reverb!

@skoczy,

Wow! I would be lost without performance mode! In fact, despite the great tone machine that the KPA is, I would not be able to use it for gigging without it. Again, it just goes to show you how different people use this tool!
    [quote]I wonder if Kemper could make some kind of web survey to ask registered users, how they use their Kempers :-)[quote]
    I agree! That would be interesting information.

• [quote='Laker','https://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/19698-Can-we-please-get-some-kind-of-Kemper-Editor-Software-for-your-computer/?postID=379737#post379737']There really is no reason for Kemper to not have a full fledged Editor for the KPA. The ease if use an editor provides for changing cabs, all parameters on all effects including inputs and outputs, etc... would make using the KPA much easier. Just having to scroll through cabs for a profile to hear which cabs sound best is a major pain in the a@&.

It's funny how different people view this subject so differently ;)

For me, If I really needed an editor, I would write one. I can't write myself a new reverb!

Seriously? Maybe you and one other KPA user can write an editor.

The Kemper Profiling Amp is the best musical invention since the Electric Guitar and the Marshall Amp .

• Wow!
    I would be lost without performance mode! In fact, despite the great
    tone machine that the KPA is, I would not be able to use it for gigging
    without it. Again, it just goes to show you how different people use
    this tool

I've only ever used Browse mode at home to test raw profiles. Otherwise, I use Rig Manager to drop the profiles into Performance slots and add effects and save performances for different guitars. My effects requirements per profile change so I'll make duplicates of Performances with different effects per slot. Browse mode is extremely limited to me. You could make duplicate profiles within Browse mode, but that will take up storage capacity and reduce the number of profiles you can load onto the machine. Performance mode is all I ever use.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• Definitly want a PC/Andriod/IOS editor.. We know the kemper can talk on a standard network.

Give us an App to control it please. Hooking up via USB sucks. I should be able to do rig manager
    from my PC via the network and change profiler settings.

• Definitly want a PC/Andriod/IOS editor.. We know the kemper can talk on a standard network.

Give us an App to control it please. Hooking up via USB sucks. I should be able to do rig manager
    from my PC via the network and change profiler settings.

It currently is not physically possible since there is no wireless connection built into the KPA. I suspect that even the Ethernet connection is only using UDP vs TCPIP, and lacks a websocket or any other standard web interface (meaning you can't interface with a browser).

The easiest interface would be bluetooth .... but even that might be difficult or impossible without an add-on piece of hardware since it is possible that the USB chip is a client only (not a host) making it impossible to do a USB to Bluetooth adapter to get wireless.

• @Laker,

Seriously? Maybe you and one other KPA user can write an editor.

Possibly; however, it is a very time consuming process, and time for me is never that abundant (kids in Jr high, HS and College as well as being Chief Engineer at work).

Anyone on the board use Qt or Rad Studio?

• I really would love a software for editing my rigs and all of the parameters.

I recently tried the headrush and the UI is just awesome tbh. So simple and much faster. If there would be an App for my ipad for the kemper to teak my rigs it really would be awesome!

• It currently is not physically possible since there is no wireless connection built into the KPA. I suspect that even the Ethernet connection is only using UDP vs TCPIP, and lacks a websocket or any other standard web interface (meaning you can't interface with a browser).
    The easiest interface would be bluetooth .... but even that might be difficult or impossible without an add-on piece of hardware since it is possible that the USB chip is a client only (not a host) making it impossible to do a USB to Bluetooth adapter to get wireless.

Actually in previous firmware version they exposed briefly a web based UI over the ethernet interface. which uses tcp/html.

See: More hidden functionality behind the KPAs built-in webserver?

You can always plug the KPA into a wifi router for wireless devices. I am not aware of any bluetooth chips in the unit.

So yes.. the hardware can do it. They just need to build it.

• Fiddled a bit with a GUI. It is a proof of concept with no functionality and is designed ONLY to start you thinking about what you might want the program to work like. This is known as "workflow" and is one of the first parts of any software program when you start defining the requirements for a program.

See if it runs (just copy the exe anywhere and click on it). If it doesn't, let me know what error popped up. I should have it setup to run without any packages or DLL's, but everyone makes mistakes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/omov…q8/KemperEditprj.zip?dl=0

Edited 2 times, last by OneEng1 ().

• Fiddled a bit with a GUI. It is a proof of concept with no functionality and is designed ONLY to start you thinking about what you might want the program to work like. This is known as "workflow" and is one of the first parts of any software program when you start defining the requirements for a program.

See if it runs (just copy the exe anywhere and click on it). If it doesn't, let me know what error popped up. I should have it setup to run without any packages or DLL's, but everyone makes mistakes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/omov…q8/KemperEditprj.zip?dl=0

Looks more like Performance Editor, but the idea is fine. Good that you didn't clone Kemper's GUI, which is fine but only on Kemper. GUI on PC/MAC should allow to set any parameter easily with least clicks possible. When can we change cabinets with that tool? :D

Runs fine on W10 64-bit.

[Blocked Image: https://s22.postimg.org/ilhd2hlb5/image.jpg]

• Yep. A performance editor first since this is my personal need more than anything.

My current priorities:

• Performance editor - GUI work-flow design - Main selection methods
    • Performance editor - GUI work-flow design - Major design elements
    • Performance editor - Open from kemper work flows (all performances, full sync, selected performance, etc)
    • Performance editor - Save Show to File
    • Performance editor - Open Show
    • Performance editor - Download Show to Kemper

Seems like this will need drag and drop of performances from performance positions. Also I was thinking that an interface with a setlist (of some format) would be quite nice so that you could align a performance with a song. Mixing up the setlist order could then be done independently of the performances and the utility could create a show with all the performances aligned automatically.

Through the show all you would have to do to go from song to song would be to activate the performance up on the kemper (remote or on the KPA).

After the performance editor, I wouldn't mind expanding things to include a more full featured editor. Quite honestly, that seems much more daunting since there are so many levels of abstraction within the different menus and areas in the KPA.

Also, I would like to start out the gate with a version check to align versions of KPA firmware to the correct versions of the utility to keep anyone from messing up their KPA settings.

If anyone would like to take screen shots and put together some other GUI element ideas, then post them here, please feel free. Maybe in a couple of weeks we can come to some kind of consensus on the GUI elements and work-flow.

At this time, I am thinking that the flow would work like this:

Edit a performance

1) Open Show or Open from KPA
    2) Select performance and slot
    3) below the slot select area, indications of what is currently loaded into the pre-amp efx, stack, and post amp efx would be indicated.
    4) User could select items from the right and drag them onto the position they wanted within that slot
    5) Save show to file or save to performance on KPA or save entire show to KPA

That reminds me. I need to put a big version number in the title bar so we can keep track of what is going on.

I'll check back to see what people are thinking soon.

If anyone would like to take a hack at an icon for this that would be great.

Edited once, last by OneEng1 ().