Can we please get some kind of Kemper Editor Software for your computer

• It is nice having an editor on the computer with my Helix. Would be very happy with one on Kemper.

I am a Profile Whore... Sometimes a Recovering Profile Whore...
    but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love:

• It is nice having an editor on the computer with my Helix. Would be very happy with one on Kemper.

Haha, Glide, look at Mr CK's unofficial reaction above.

I'm pretty sure an editor is not happening guys. I will be happy if we even get anything more because I am worried the Kemper has been abandoned! :!:

Perhaps a mod will be kind enough to tell us if we should expect anything at all :?:

• Haha, Glide, look at Mr CK's unofficial reaction above.
    I'm pretty sure an editor is not happening guys. I will be happy if we even get anything more because I am worried the Kemper has been abandoned! :!:

Perhaps a mod will be kind enough to tell us if we should expect anything at all :?:

Aren't we meant to be getting more reverbs? Can't believe they won't give us an editor... It seems so counterproductive.

• Aren't we meant to be getting more reverbs? Can't believe they won't give us an editor... It seems so counterproductive.

I will be extremely greatful if we get reverbs.

But all I have heard is hearsay on these forums.

Mods have even told us there is no guarantee (or confirmation or reaction rather) to users' claims we will get an editor or a reverb.

I personally have stopped believing this "mob mentality" where everyone says we are getting something when we are not.

If we get it, well and good. But I think this whole idea of mobs saying that "we will get this now" is a little foolish and raises hopes too high. I mean look at this thread, 35 pages...

Again, if we get it, well and good. But we should stop attributing motives to the company that just weren't there. They have NEVER said there will be new reverbs. And they have NEVER said there will be an editor.

Keep your fingers crossed, what else?

• I'm pretty sure an editor is not happening guys. I will be happy if we even get anything more because I am worried the Kemper has been abandoned!

Perhaps a mod will be kind enough to tell us if we should expect anything at all

Hate to break it to you AJ, but I reckon it will happen; not only does it make good business sense, but Kemper listens to its customers and the customers have spoken, even shouted, in this case.

... we should stop attributing motives to the company that just weren't there. They have NEVER said there will be new reverbs. And they have NEVER said there will be an editor.

I thought Christoph himself mentioned improving 'verb algorithms at NAMM 2016, and then there's @MementoMori's unmentionable conversation at NAMM 2017 re an editor.

Besides all this, the company does listen to its user base; it's after all one of the selling points of the Kemper.

Further to that, IMHO, steps would have been taken long ago to nip all speculation of these things in the bud should there have been no possibility of either feature manifesting. A 35-page thread requesting an editor? The fact that we're still here talking about it speaks for itself IMHO.

• To you. :whistling:

That's funny :D . I know they told you in NAMM 2017 which is almost six months ago that they're getting an engineer to do an editor because they perceived the editor as a priority specifically after adding the delays and overwhelming number of parameters that weere added. I have no idea about software life cycle but I think that, they will eventually release it. Rig manager is making life simpler now and I can see it becoming a foundation for a full fledged edtior as it gets updated.

• I would love to see any kind of "editor" merged into Rig Manager. One software per device is enough. I do not expect a full editor with every little parameter and skins for each effect, but at least the possibility to be able to put together presets and easily change e.g. cabs or whatever. Also the possibility to import / export presets without using USB. There will be a huge demand for presets of regular stomps.

Plus: create a StompExchange / CabExchange. Better categories for all effects and better tagging. It should be possible to e.g. copy / paste a stomp into various rigs without touching the physical unit.

Also add the basic Looper control function to the editor: play a riff, tweak sounds in the editor while the loop is playing, control (pause / play) the loop using the editor. I hate having the guitar sitting on my legs while I fiddle around on my computer.

A cool feature would be to store / play DI tracks (which could be recorded in a DAW or using the looper) in the editor to be able to tweak sounds and listen to tones without touching the guitar. A kind of on-the-fly reamping. Not every player always has an engineer sitting beside him to dial in tones.

• It's not that hard to make an editor. Could be a fairly small project, fairly straightforward, unless there's some issue we don't know about.

I think it's much more about what they want to make/not make.

I would prefer more accurate profiling. That has always been my interest. Not delays, not boosts, none of that.

Everything else for me comes second.

That said an editor could be useful. I don't tweak profiles much at all -- but could still make some use of it.

• I think we all have slightly different needs for an editor...I'm not into deep dive of effects but I want something to make setting up performances quicker and easier. Its hard to keep track of some of the effects parameters and easily apply to other slots, a click and drag for me would be ace.

The Kemper is an ace bit of kit and I bought it without an editor, but to me it would make it perfect. we need continued improvements like reverbs as well although my priority would be an editor first.

Given Kemper has released a number of great improvements over the last few years, many coming from the community, I keep hope that we will see one.

In the past they have generally got things so right ( I think the remote is brilliant) so I'd be happy for them to take a bit of time and the dev lifecycle always takes a bit of time as its rarely the dev itself but the initial requirements, design and test being the bigger factors..