Can we please get some kind of Kemper Editor Software for your computer

• I honestly don't see any point in applying further pressure.

The message must have been well-and-truly received a very-long time ago, and as citizengain said, they're obviously just getting on with the job.

Kemper listens to its user base; we all know that.

• I honestly don't see any point in applying further pressure.

The message must have been well-and-truly received a very-long time ago, and as citizen gain said, they're obviously just getting on with the job.

Kemper listens to its user base; we all know that.

Actually Kemper already has the best motivation to create an editor; the other two of the Big Three (Fractal and Helix) both have editors. It does not look good in a comparison to say "the Kemper doesn't have an editor like every other modeler type product out there". Don't know about Kemper, but in my day job, our sales folks would be screaming their heads off is something like this was said about the widgets we sell.

That being said, I can see why the editor might not be high on the list from a functional perspective. I like using the unit UI and will probably choose it over an editor when one comes available. No hurry here.

• Actually Kemper already has the best motivation to create an editor; the other two of the Big Three (Fractal and Helix) both have editors. It does not look good in a comparison to say "the Kemper doesn't have an editor like every other modeler type product out there". Don't know about Kemper, but in my day job, our sales folks would be screaming their heads off is something like this was said about the widgets we sell.

If anybody is going to jump ship to those other products only because of a lack of an editor, they can't hear the difference in tone between the Kemper and those anyway.
    I chose the Kemper over the Fractal (the Fractal did have an editor, the KPA did not) because of Kemper's superior, realistic amp tone.

I'm sure an editor will be produced. It hasn't stopped Michael Wagener from using the KPA in the studio.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• If anybody is going to jump ship to those other products only because of a lack of an editor, they can't hear the difference in tone between the Kemper and those anyway.I chose the Kemper over the Fractal (the Fractal did have an editor, the KPA did not) because of Kemper's superior, realistic amp tone.

I'm sure an editor will be produced. It hasn't stopped Michael Wagener from using the KPA in the studio.

Whether the software is really needed or not probably does not matter to some sales people. They would only want the software to remove the possible criticism from reviewers or picky potential customers. Sales/marketing people can be like that.

I'm certainly with you on the Kemper tone, it is unparalleled IMHO and it can do things I have come to rely on that no tube amp I've ever played can match. As far as the UI goes, I actually like the UI in the Line 6 HD500 (never used its editor), so the Kemper UI is like a Rolls Royce with chauffeur compared to the HD.

• IMHO, the "need" for a software editor for the Kemper has grown in direct relation to the increasing features and capabilities, which have been added to the KPA over the years, by the amazing Kemper team. :thumbup:

Improvement, advancement and augmentation of feature sets and capabilities invariably leads to deeper flexibility and complexity of parameters and settings. These can range from the relatively simple expansion of Output settings and tweaks, to the sophisticated and deep editing that is now possible thanks to the Morphing features, and most recently the awesome new Delay algorithms.

Cheers,
    John

• These same arguments have been mulched over several times. The editor is especially a useful tool for people who put tremendous stock in streamlining, especially in a studio setting. Some may say, "how hard is it to bend over and push a few buttons, you lazy bastards", but that's missing the point. The point is that almost everything else these guys have and use is for the sole purpose of streamlining. Could they use proper analog devices instead of a cadre of plug-ins? Of course, but they use the plug-ins because it streamlines what they want to accomplish and gets close enough in quality and tone that differences become negligible.

I know a handful of studio guys in LA and only 1 has a Kemper, and scantly uses it because when he's doing everything else on the comp, he doesn't want to constantly be pushing buttons and twiddling knobs. He usually opts for the BIAS software, actually. The editor and ease of use matters to him and surely matters to others. As digital modeling quality becomes closer and closer (and yes, BIAS, Axe-FX, and others give you a near-impossible task of discerning which is which in a mix), handicapping yourself by not providing an elementary expectation with a digital device, an editor, makes very little sense.

Christoph Kemper's reasoning was that the UI was designed in a way where you don't need an editor. While that is true, it's never been about need. It's also meant that as the Kemper has expanded, things like mining through effects is an absolute pain in the ass. If you're like me and imported all the (newer) delay presets, you have to scroll forever to get past them. Not having the UI sort effects based on type is a significant oversight. And editor with the ability to better organize, select, and tweak is in order. Who the hell wants to page through 20+ parameters on a tiny screen to tweak a delay? I'm sure there are all sorts of really useful things about the KPA that I've never used (and may never use) because I don't want to spend all day squinting at the screen and pushing buttons and knobs into eternity.

• Christoph Kemper's reasoning was that the UI was designed in a way where you don't need an editor. While that is true, it's never been about need. It's also meant that as the Kemper has expanded, things like mining through effects is an absolute pain in the ass. If you're like me and imported all the (newer) delay presets, you have to scroll forever to get past them. Not having the UI sort effects based on type is a significant oversight. And editor with the ability to better organize, select, and tweak is in order. Who the hell wants to page through 20+ parameters on a tiny screen to tweak a delay? I'm sure there are all sorts of really useful things about the KPA that I've never used (and may never use) because I don't want to spend all day squinting at the screen and pushing buttons and knobs into eternity.

Hello MM,

Isn't that what I just said...albeit in a more positive and less ornery manner? ;):P:D

• Hello MM,

Isn't that what I just said...albeit in a more positive and less ornery manner? ;):P:D

Not ornery, more like direct. And you wrote your response as I was typing, hence some overlap.

• Actually, before (not instead of) the editor, I would like to have them eliminate the need to scroll through all of the effects to get to the one I want to use.

I think they have some big new enhancements on their plate (getting ready for release), and have been reluctant to have to live with the same kind of bugs and complaints that they've had to with the Rig Manager as the core product evolves. It's one thing supporting a hardware product - and they do superbly well at that - it's an entirely different thing providing software support...Think about the number of questions that our little community fields, on a daily basis, that can quite easily be answered in the manual.

From what I've seen, many of the hardware issues have a common origin and can be fixed with a firmware update. It seems like about 20% of the overall complaints are about Rig Manager. Those complaints are often related to someone's specific computer hardware configuration.....as a result, they can be more labor intensive to solve.

Now, imagine the increase in support required for an editor.....it's no surprise to me that CK has resisted to this point. I would imagine that the increase in sales would barely offset the increase in support costs.

• As much as I love and have been requesting an editor, going from Kemper to BIAS is unthinkable and I honestly "pity the fool" who would do that (imagine a MR. TEA Smilie intended to be funny not an insult), I also pity the musicians who's track ended up with BIAS on it when with a few knob turns could have had the Kemper Mojo instead, but then again it could have been a non-guitar oriented track and a synth guitar as Roland would have done the job just as well.

Your preference doesn't mean people aren't doing it or finding the process more convenient, or being able to makes the differences moot. No sense in being elitist when real studios and real musicians are using software like BIAS to release serious music and nobody is complaining. Point being, an editor would streamline the KPA and make it a much more attractive option.

• As much as I love and have been requesting an editor, going from Kemper to BIAS is unthinkable and I honestly "pity the fool" who would do that (imagine a MR. TEA Smilie intended to be funny not an insult), I also pity the musicians who's track ended up with BIAS on it when with a few knob turns could have had the Kemper Mojo instead, but then again it could have been a non-guitar oriented track and a synth guitar as Roland would have done the job just as well.

I have to say I really dug my time with Bias, other than the unreliability of it on the iPad platform (was responsible for the single time in 35 years of gigging I needed to use a backup). For us former tube amp builders/modifiers, the Bias UI is a work of genius, perfect if you are used to modding amps. So much so I begged PositiveGrid several years ago to release a hardware version of Bias; I got tired of waiting for one and bought a Kemper instead. Mighty glad I did too.

I did get some great tones with Bias, but overall the Kemper sounds better. But the only way you can get the tweakability of Bias in the Kemper ecosystem is to actually build a custom amp, and profile it. Bias allows all sorts of great stuff like tweaking tube types and changing bias, plus adding and removing gain stages; you can't do that with the Kemper deep parameters.

But I have to admit it is very cool to know I can breadboard some sort of weird amp topology, getting it to the point that it barely holds together on the bench, and then profile it. Saves a lot of money in tag boards and chassis, as well as the time and effort to build that amp into a roadworthy condition.

• even though he knows the Kemper will give better results.

Not always, actually. Sometimes, but probably not as often as you would think. Had an interesting conversation with him about modelers, amps, & the KPA but I won't dive into that because it's not germane to the thread and will most certainly rustle a few feathers. Something tells me he'd get a chuckle at the thought of pity from someone on the Kemper forum after recording & producing the records he has.

Point being, an editor would actually get him to at least attempt to use it more often. It's marketed as a studio tool, after all.