Can we please get some kind of Kemper Editor Software for your computer

• This thread..this thread..this thread...Did I already said "this thread";

Sorry to quote myself but this is getting annoying.Kemper got the message.A long time ago.Anyone here who doubts that;

Last big update was almost one year ago.Wait a few more days/weeks..I dont know.The next big upgrade is comming soon.New reverbs,more delays,editor..enough to tweak for the rest of our lives,keeping us away from just playing more rocknroll.

In the meanwhile I will use the profiler as @CK always and from the beginning of his vision wanted us to use it.As many(many,many) tube amps in a single box.Great "journey".And best sounding stuff out there when it comes to miced tube rigs..Live-ready,best tool in the studio.Easy to use.First and most of all THIS..nothing more nothing less.At least not all at once.

Have mercy with a few guys sitting in a small laboratory trying to do work for a whole army of engineers.

greetings

• I surely don't blame for their hard work but kemper certainly lacks communication skills on some topics

They must have reasons for not talking about this.

On the other hand, some open talk about the matter, even if not too detailed, would just save everybody who wants an editor time and energy.

And probably also avoid having endless threads about the topic too to some level.

• @pamplemousse

Ofcourse someone with a strong character can remain silent IF he knows what to do against all common "sense" and pressure to do different.Is it not funny that most people on earth run into cinema watching movies about "heroes" doing things they believe they can do only "their way" against the rest of the world;The wife is leaving..friends are turning against them..but they just dont change..we love this stuff,no;I guess this is like this because in real life things are very much the opposite.Being someone with a strong vision,keeping direction despite all odds and non-sense with the strong believe to do someting because it is the only way to do it ends up mostly being...jobless @ broke; :/

Maybe the Kemper-guys are just stubborn guys who dont like anyone from outside to change their philosophy or to value their product on another issue than how good it sounds;Even if a dozen guys appear in their blog and tell them that they will sell the profiler to get themselves a shitty sounding other box only because of its UI and shiny scrible strips..

Now..that would be cool..wouldnt it;
    ;)

• There are other units that sound great. It's not just kemper. So it's not like people don't have other choices. Pretty easy to show how close different units can get, with proper testing (testing that is rarely done, imo, but anyway).

That said, even if many think kemper nonetheless sounds meaningfully better than all other units, which is a perfectly respectable view too, even then there are plenty-a-case where convenience is why they use kemper to begin with. If it wasn't for convenience they'd be using real amps to begin with. Plenty of people like that on this forum as well, if not most.

Now, of course this doesn't mean that by definition "all convenience" is of the same value. Convenience of having an editor may not be equivalent in value, for most people, on average, to the convenience kemper offers against your common tube amp.

However.. it's still something I do see deterring people from kemper on a relatively regular basis. I am not surprised, considering all the scenarios in which having an editor can make a big difference in one's workflow. I see it on a regular basis for myself and I don't live in a studio either. Thing is that other units offer similar, in some cases better "convenience" in that regard than kemper even if it did have an editor; and it's no wonder this logic can extend from the amp-to-modeler "convenience" jump to "digital processor with editor" to "digital processor with no editor".

So even if one thinks they will sacrifice some tone, there are cases where it makes sense to jump ship or buy something else. Kemper coming up with an editor would make a considerable difference for many people and market perception as well. It could considerably bridge this "gap" in value judgement quite a few people make even when they think kemper sounds better.

These are my two drachmas.

Edited 3 times, last by Dimi84 ().

• There are other units that sound great. It's not just kemper. So it's not like people don't have other choices. Pretty easy to show how close different units can get, with proper testing (testing that is rarely done, imo, but anyway).

Phile mou..I often miss in your posts the famous "IMO"..

Seeing the % of pros using the units in question one can easily see what sounds "better" and not just by a slight degree.

The one product (in this case the KPA) is choosen cause of its amp sounds.

The other product (you know which one) will be choosen (mostly) because of its fx.

And finally the third product is NOT choosen at all by "famous players" (or can you name me one;) despite the fact that the producer of this product has the most well known name and the (by far) biggest budget.

Any chance to twist these facts;

Not in my book..

That said, even if many think kemper nonetheless sounds meaningfully better than all other units, which is a perfectly respectable view too, even then there are plenty-a-case where convenience is why they use kemper to begin with. If it wasn't for convenience they'd be using real amps to begin with. Plenty of people like that on this forum as well, if not most.

I dont understand what you want to say..sorry..

If a music instrument sounds "better" even the "meaningfully" is not needed.It sounds better.End of story.
    The ONLY and SOLE reason a musician even considers to choose his tool which than becomes part of his "life"..I mean it starts to get a "soul" which means again that it stops to be a tool.It is at least an "instrument with some soul"..like we have now for decades with all the mythical intruments with "soul" like pre-cbs fenders,59´ LesPauls and "vintage tube amps" or even "tube amps" in general.

Out of all the "digital tools" we have right now the profiler is going straight for the "only digital tool which may become an intstrument" because according of all players using it even the most well known big names claim that it "steals the soul" of their mythical tube amps.

This is no small achievement dear Dimi..

Ofcourse this has a price.

Right now it is that the kemper guys dont have either the time to develop an editor or (for me) the better reason;It does not fit into their philosophy of how to sell their product.As a digital tool or a music instrument which resists the "tides of time"..

• But in case I am not: the point is that there is a degree of possible convenience. The same goes for tone. At some point it may make sense to use something that is even more convenient than what you have/gear A, B, C, in relation to how you yourself value the tone of gear A, B, C.

And in that realm there are plenty of people who think some tonal sacrifice is worth it.. much like quite a few who use kemper in the first place instead of their amps. I would not use kemper or axe fx if not for that. "Meaningfully better" -- I mean better enough to make a real difference in the "life of a musician". A difference big enough to talk about and value.

I can understand how many view kemper this way, without thinking that other units are are shit.

• And I don't think it's a "great" thing to do to resist making an editor (not that that's what kemper is doing).

It's not like someone is saying a band should cut off all solos to fit with a trend. It's because there is a real, practical need on the daily for a lot of people to control KPA via pc. It's not like people are asking kemper to leave behind what makes the unit valuable to begin with.

I get it -- they wanted a great UI on hardware. They made a better one than most units. Nonetheless, that doesn't dissipate with an editor.

About what sounds better and by how much, I have my own views when it comes to that. I usually do my own tests, not go by what popular opinion is. If I went with that, we wouldn't have developed any innovative product with people I've worked with ever. Freaking Metallica uses Axe Fx btw (just saying) for amp tones.

But that's not the issue anyway I'm bringing up. I think change "with the times" is a good thing if it's justified. In some cases it is not. In others it is. In this case, I don't see how it "wrecks" kemper's vision; but see plenty of reason to justify having an editor.

Of course none of this is to "convince" kemper. There is no way they don't already know most of what has been said before in such threads. If they make one, we'll have one.

Edited once, last by Dimi84 ().

• I hardly have a philosophical access to this Topic :)

IMHO:
    I suspect a clear calculation that takes into account resources, value for the company, marketing strategy, plans for the future and technical possibilities is done by Kemper..
    Kemper has achieved a high level of customer loyalty that other companies have not achieved. They must have done something right.
    It probably wouldn't have worked if cackling is done before oviposition.

I think a healthy personal distance combined with very good support and a fair and practical approach to customer requests has a bigger influence then to jump on each horse .

The feature request is like a mailbox that also doesn't answer.
    Mods have often announced that postings are taken seriously, but they don't discuss it.

And in that realm there are plenty of people who think some tonal sacrifice is worth it.. much like quite a few who use kemper in the first place instead of their amps. I would not use kemper or axe fx if not for that. "Meaningfully better" -- I mean better enough to make a real difference in the "life of a musician". A difference big enough to talk about and value.

This is always something which drives me crazy..

Micing a tube amp is how much "tonal sacrifice" in your opinion dear @Dimi;Just curious.Speaking about "value" we maybe should first get this thing (difference between ampintheroom and miced amp) clear;

There are a lot of things still to be learned about how to use the KPA really successfully..the editor should be the last thing players who have not enough experience with micing an amp live/recording should worry about.

Anyway,greetings

• And after all....... we are their adverts.

• This is always something which drives me crazy..
    Micing a tube amp is how much "tonal sacrifice" in your opinion dear @Dimi;Just curious.Speaking about "value" we maybe should first get this thing (difference between ampintheroom and miced amp) clear;

There are a lot of things still to be learned about how to use the KPA really successfully..the editor should be the last thing players who have not enough experience with micing an amp live/recording should worry about.

Anyway,greetings

Right, which falls in the realm of "convenience" the way I see it. Kemper allows someone to just download a great profile and use that without micing up. In an ideal situation, someone may go have his amp miced up by Andy Sneap, or I'd just do it myself in a proper studio to get even closer to what I want, for that matter. Since that is not convenient I settle for less and less; and it is in this realm where someone (as quite a few do) can gravitate towards another digital processor other than kemper. Editor lessens an advantage another unit can have in terms of "convenience", at least this specific case of convenience (which an editor offers). By having a good editor you balance out the "equation" even further.

PS: Kemper does have convenience advantages too over others. Just talking about the editor thing.