Can we please get some kind of Kemper Editor Software for your computer

• I've sold my Mesa Mark V and bought a Spider. Reason: Mesa had no editor and front panel EQ was too difficult for me to understand and reach. I've also sold all my API preamps and a couple of compressors, because, fuck that, I prefer to fiddle with a mouse on a screen and there are plugins which sound just as good. It's 2017 after all, anything without big colour touch screen panel which I can stare on stage at all the time is bad. I've invested the money in "Diddle to my fiddle" slow blooze in A backing track collection, so I can noddle in 5th position pentatonic when I need a break from tweaking, left enough of change to get me another pair of tan pants.

• I've sold my Mesa Mark V and bought a Spider. Reason: Mesa had no editor and front panel EQ was too difficult for me to understand and reach. I've also sold all my API preamps and a couple of compressors, because, fuck that, I prefer to fiddle with a mouse on a screen and there are plugins which sound just as good. It's 2017 after all, anything without big colour touch screen panel which I can stare on stage at all the time is bad. I've invested the money in "Diddle to my fiddle" slow blooze in A backing track collection, so I can noddle in 5th position pentatonic when I need a break from tweaking.

Axe (not only axe, imho) vs kemper is not the difference between Mesa and Spider, for many people, though. That was the point made. This is why some, quite a few, do use other units, for something like an editor.

Edited once, last by Dimi84 ().

• Could it be the great sound?

That's exactly it for me. If Helix or AXE were anywhere near as realistic. To ,my ears, the KEMPER is unmatched except with a real tube amp but those don't offer any of the varieties or flexibility. The Helix or AXE's editors are bells and whistles but don't offer as realistic amp tons IMHO.

• That's exactly it for me. If Helix or AXE were anywhere near as realistic. To ,my ears, the KEMPER is unmatched except with a real tube amp but those don't offer any of the varieties or flexibility. The Helix or AXE's editors are bells and whistles but don't offer as realistic amp tons IMHO.

A fair view. Not that other units are shit (which is an acceptable view here; not elsewhere, everywhere else, of course -- and not that you said they are shit). Personally I fall in the category of people who don't think the difference is big at all (it can be with helix). Nuances? Yes. And in that realm I can understand someone preferring kemper or axe. It's just that when you add an editor, an industry standard, pretty much, you definitely tilt the boat towards the other direction when it comes to certain convenience vs tone judgements -- for quite many people at least.

• It probably wouldn't have worked if cackling is done before oviposition.

Dang Harry, Google Translate™ doesn't do English->English translation, so you've got me there, bud.

I know from breeding egg-laying fish what an ovipositor is, but I haven't heard any of them cackle. The sooty grunter grunts, but not before laying its eggs. Hmm... :/:D

Kemper has achieved a high level of customer loyalty that other companies have not achieved. They must have done something right....

I don't dispute this, but the number one item done right is making the most realistic natural digital tube amp simulator in the Market. They have excellent support but customer support can only carry a company so much if they don't have a great product. In the end of the day many and most don't even have to deal with customer support if the product is of high quality and that's certainly the case in Kemper.

I advocate for an editor because it's the right thing to do for obvious reasons that others are used to software user interfaces, but me personally could do anything with the KPA own controll panel within the first week of purchase and even today, I doubt that an editor will allow me to be more faster or efficient. I can use the copy and paste, lock feature, soft buttons, etc

In the end of the day no one in their right mind who experienced and enjoyed the KPA amp modeling will switch because of an editor if they value getting the best tone. Helix native was released and I had fifteen days trial. I gave it three full days just to make sure I gave it a good shot. Very nice editor, but the sound is not in the same league to my ears.

• Interesting lines of thought.

When I sold my VHT rig for a Kemper, I didn't expect the Kemper to sound better. I expected it to sound worse, but be close enough for live music.

The sell for the Kemper was the size, weight, and setup time. I was very surprised at how great it sounded.

Now, for me, the ease of use has become critical too. I generally tweak the eq, gain, clarity, definition, and pick for the raw tone. I use a bit of verb, delay, studio eq, pure boost, and the noise gate.

I can do all of this easily from the front panel.

Now ...... if someone spends lots of time attempting to get specific sounds that require much more detailed editing to achieve on an on-going basis (not just one time to setup their sound), an editor would become a tool that would bring the ease of use up near the sound quality enough that some would jump ship just to have that feature.

I don't think that anyone that plays live would feel this way, but some who record mostly very well may (not my bag).

I just love the way my Kemper sounds. I love the ease of setup it provides. I can't imagine ever selling it.

• But it does sway quite a few people. I see it quite a bit. Can definitely influence purchasing decisions too, more so. Even on kemper facebook group you see such posts. Granted, they may not be people who think kemper is way better than all other units. I just see a grey area there.

The reason I don't think there is a big difference between top tier units is because of testing them. The amp modelling of axe fx is high quality. If people can tell kemper from axe fx, in a test I make (no not some test with some random, shitty IR in axe up against some great kemper profile) I will ride my bicycle dressed in a crotchless bunny suit all around the neighborhood. And nobody wants that (actually quite a few do, now that I think about it). Well, to be fair, some will indeed tell the difference. But it will be few.

And that is not to say differences aren't there. Like I said always, can understand someone preferring tonal nuances of axe vs kemper or other way around. But the difference is by no means night and day. Far from it.

Anyway, I am not waiting for an editor. If it Comes it comes!

• To get back to topic an editor is needed but it wont' sway those who appreciate accurate tones to move,

What I really miss is the possibility to manage presets, effects, amps and cabs.
    In my opinion, the browse controller is overwhelmed by the huge crowd of possible options.
    But an update of the rig manager in this direction would also be enough for me.

The exact sound settings are still sufficient for me at the KPA.
    I don't turn around a lot on once adjusted rigs anymore.

• But the difference is by no means night and day. Far from it.

You might be surprised if you are concerned about what really affects a purchase decision. A big marketing chapter.
    These are not always facts but often image, trustworthiness, a feeling of security and other rather emotional reasons.
    Kemper has a very fortunate hand in making the right decisions in this aspect.

If it is still true to have a top product, then success is very likely.

• Now ...... if someone spends lots of time attempting to get specific sounds that require much more detailed editing to achieve on an on-going basis (not just one time to setup their sound), an editor would become a tool that would bring the ease of use up near the sound quality enough that some would jump ship just to have that feature.

I don't think that anyone that plays live would feel this way, but some who record mostly very well may (not my bag).

I record and I reamp, so an editor would be a godsend for me. I can fine-tune my FX8 via my computer screen using a second monitor, and I would like to have deep access to my Kemper too. It's really helpful when trying to get guitar tracks to sit well in a mix. I also don't like my Kemper sitting on my computer desk due to space issues, but I am forced to do that.

• For me no question about. For a studio job an editor would be a great help.

I have lots of different parts and multiple takes which I edit together, so I am always trying to find variations to keep things interesting. At the moment I'm not using any Kemper FX as I try to limit my interaction, but I would like to use them at some point. It's just so much easier to dial in the FX8 using FX8-Edit. I think the workflow on the Helix is even better, maybe not soundwise, but I can understand it's popularity due to the ease of use.

• As a former Helix user, I can attest to the immense reliance I put on their PC editor. Not only for ease of loading things like IRs and presets, but the simple fact that I didn't have to bend/lean over to tweak the unit (which was very simple to use in itself). However, my one gripe with the Helix, is the depth of tweaking the editor allows (and how easy it is to get carried away with it). I found with the Helix that I spend so much time tweaking the sound, I didn't spend much time actually playing my instrument.

As I am obviously not a "tweaker" by nature (I gravitate towards a set-it-and-forget-it method), not having an editor from Kemper is not a real deal breaker for me. Clearly, one would be able to tweak to the same extent on the actual unit, but the convenience of using a mouse and keyboard is definitely in a league of its own.

This being said, I can empathize with those of you who are frustrated with no editor in 2017. /rant

• But it does sway quite a few people. I see it quite a bit. Can definitely influence purchasing decisions too, more so. ..

I agree, that's why It baffles me that it's still not released. I know most people who come from other digital modeling platforms are used to Editors as the main user interface.

Edited once, last by Dean_R ().

• I think the biggest issue here has really nothing to do with an editor. It's about creating and managing customer expectations. Kemper has done an extremely good job at creating the expectation that it listens and responds to its customer feature requests - hence the length and longevity of this thread. Unfortunately, it has not done a good job at managing those expectations and many of us are starting to realize that we've been played.

Yes, its a good product - maybe even a great product. The company though, needs to be more honest and open about what we can and should expect from it. Don't create, foster and maintain unrealistic expectations, nor allow those unrealistic expectations to linger. Be honest about what we can and should expect and when. I don't think that is too much to ask.