Can we please get some kind of Kemper Editor Software for your computer

• Largely because 1) i like Direct profiles and make Many of them 2) I have IRs that sound great 3) I love the ability to be able to mix and match and 4) converting ir to kemper format I often loose "something" from the ir.

That said I have experimented with having an IR sound like I want it to after the conversion to kemper. haven't gone fsr enough yet on that end because, due to lack of editor or Some editor-like app, The workflow is just not quick, convenient enough.

Well, the Kemper is complex enough for me. ;)
    Furthermore, I hope that I will no longer have to acquire too many new technologies. :rolleyes:

At the moment I'm being asked enough of our digital mixing console. :whistling:

• This thread, to me, is to show the Kemper team how they would use an editor and it's advantages. Does the Kemper team care, who knows? It would would be nice if they said something like, "We don't give a f*ck about your editor needs so stop asking.", or, "Hey we hear you and we would like to provide you with something but we can not.", or, "We are working on giving you what you want, but you wouldn't like it at this point and it will take and way longer that we anticipated like the delays, so check back in a year."

I for one think that the Kemper team just can't make one. I mean come on, the Rig Manager is crap. Windows explorer is a better file manager...

If we ever get an editor, I would be curious to know how many people that spent all their time arguing that there is no need for one use it and ends up loving it. My guess 100% of them.

Am I going to sell my Kemper, who cares. Am I going to use a competing product, who cares? Why did I take time out of my day to type this, who cares? Should you care about anything I typed.... NO!

• It’s the same with many issues.

Person A: “I really feel a hardware alarm would help me not miss waking up to work”.

Person B: “But... I really don’t need it or care about it.... so....

Person A:”... eeer... ok .. but I was talking about my need... “

Person B: “me too. Just sharing my view.”

Person A goes to hardware store to buy an alarm. Person B jumps in front of cash machine, gets between seller and buyer and repeats “but man I told you I don’t care for an alarm. Why do you care if I don’t?”.

Many times that happens with different issues about gear!

Ps: it’s fine to say one is ok with phone alarm and doesn’t need a hardware one.. I’m just referring to the usual case of trying to diminish someone else’s experience / needs (which is somewhat different process)

• Not that it’s impossible to “want the wrong things”. Say kpa to make toast. Ok,but then there are simple reasons to present about why that’s not a rational wanting :) don’t see that In case of editor.

• Funny enough sometimes I don't hear my 3 phone alarms that go off each morning. After enough times and being late to work I went out and bought a designated alarm clock. Haven't been late since. Did I absolutely need it? Maybe not, but it sure has helped. :sleeping:

It is odd to me that the people who don't feel they need an editor want to jump on this thread like they're going to convince us it's not needed or useful. They're happy scrolling through endless parameters and bending over to squint at a tiny screen to accomplish all of it. Cool. I'm less excited about it. Their contentment really has no bearing on mine, and the Kemper team will prioritize what they're going to prioritize either way.

• Funny enough sometimes I don't hear my 3 phone alarms that go off each morning. After enough times and being late to work I went out and bought a designated alarm clock. Haven't been late since. Did I absolutely need it? Maybe not, but it sure has helped.

It's part of the human condition!

• Not everyone has their KPA within arms reach. I don't. In order for me to tweak the unit, I literally have to get out of my chair. I simply don't have anywhere to put the Kemper where I can reach it. In my case an editor would be a Godsend.

• Not everyone has their KPA within arms reach. I don't. In order for me to tweak the unit, I literally have to get out of my chair. I simply don't have anywhere to put the Kemper where I can reach it. In my case an editor would be a Godsend.

Maybe it's an ingenious way to make you get out of the chair. It's the Kemper health plan.

• just build the freaking editor and make this thread go away

post of the day! LoL!

I don't mind getting it the chair, but remote editing in the studio and easier in depth editing for long edit sessions would sure be nice.... I can do everything easily from the face I my Helix, but that doesn't mean I don't need/want my computer editor...

I am a Profile Whore... Sometimes a Recovering Profile Whore...
    but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love:

• ha! ' Monkey_Man, that one is a few weeks earlier in time
    preset sharing through RM

the more the better

LOL @skoczy and I "temporarily" swapped avatars a year ago this month, 'mousse-man. Easy mistake to make, but it goes to show that I am my avatar (my real one).

Yes, I was one of those crying out for Cab management in RM. I'd like to see a drop-down menu (right-click) that would contain three submenus - Rig Exchange Cabinets, Local Library Cabinets and Favourite Cabinets. That way one could, say, store one's favourite cabs for all the major applications (clean, jazz, cock rock, metal etc.) in the Favourites submenu and quickly whack one into place when one encounters a DI Profile, or for whatever reason.

The "Rig Exchange" and "Local Library Cabinets" lists would theoretically be determined by Rig Manager based upon all the Rigs in its database.

• Did not want to chime in again but...

Who said that he does not need an editor;

99% of the participants in this thread have clearly declared that they would like to have an editor.

Only because most of us dont take hostages (like this whole forum) or announce our forthcoming suicide (like selling the kpa,getting L6 stuff) does not mean that we dont like everything which could make things easier.

• LOL @skoczy and I "temporarily" swapped avatars a year ago this month, 'mousse-man. Easy mistake to make, but it goes to show that I am my avatar (my real one).

yeah supa-complex one: you swapped avatars and I am responding to skoczy sending a link of a request from you which was earlier than the avatargate. :wacko: anyway I'll carry my monkey until you get yours back

• I am getting something else that has an editor, and leaving the Kemper home or selling it now...

Rig manager f*cked up my performances with simple copy and paste actions this weekend. Everything looked right on screen, but instead of what i copied in.....Just the preset Crunch....One hour gig, with just that preset. Fun.

Can't believe a real editor isn't available. There are refrigerators with editors now...

• Rig manager f*cked up my performances with simple copy and paste actions this weekend. Everything looked right on screen, but instead of what i copied in.....Just the preset Crunch....One hour gig, with just that preset. Fun.

Can't believe a real editor isn't available. There are refrigerators with editors now...

Even with an editor you'd have to read the manual ;)
    Sorry for you´, but this was not Kempers fault.

• Who said that he does not need an editor;

99% of the participants in this thread have clearly declared that they would like to have an editor.

Well, a few people have said they don't need an editor. @lespauled for example. Others have said they with Kemper would prioritize other things ahead of an editor, such as reverbs, as a way to also critique the request.

Only because most of us dont take hostages (like this whole forum) or announce our forthcoming suicide (like selling the kpa,getting L6 stuff) does not mean that we dont like everything which could make things easier.

Who is taking hostages? Who is announcing suicide? Seems reasonable as a consumer to say "this is something I need, if it can't be provided I may look elsewhere". There is no obligation on anyone's part to be fully satisfied with everything that Kemper offers at the moment. Supply & demand.