Can we please get some kind of Kemper Editor Software for your computer

• To be fair, Tommy, Steven said earlier this year (on GearSlutz) that he'd finally learned his lesson WRT leaking information about forthcoming products.
    He'd been criticised so much over the years for not being able to deliver within the timeframes he projected that it became a running joke a long time ago at GearSlutz. My guess is he couldn't live with the ongoing embarrassment of it all, and more power to him, I say, for having the "courage" (doesn't seem to be easy to hold back, given his enthusiastic and sales-suited nature) to backpedal on his M.O.

That said, he sat at the other extreme, that of constantly updating promises of release times. The point I made earlier was that if you don't promise, you can deliver unhindered by timeframe pressures, and I'm certain Kemper would've taken this into account when developing its policy.

Within the last few months he has been very vocal about updating the clientele.
    This silence is not good. It's bad for business. All we need to hear is "Hey guys, we're working on it" or SOMETHING. It's not good.

• Within the last few months he has been very vocal about updating the clientele.

You're right, Tommy; he does seem to have backtracked somewhat since he said those things. Not surprising, given his nature.

He might just be a whole-lot more-careful with the commitments he makes now 'though.

• It would be awesome but you know software development is a heck of a commitment. Meanwhile we're all baying for spring reverbs and goodness knows what else and I'm sure they need some resources to focus on the next generation Kemper too, and Christoph is busy out there marketing, doing all the music shows and doing 1 on 1's with studio owners. There's only so many hours in the day!

Does anyone know how many staff there are at Kemper?

• It would probably be better if you spoke to your own preferences and not imply that you speak for others.
    I use the Kemper almost strictly for live performance purposes. A deep parameter editor that allows me to effectively manage presets is, in fact, critical for what I would like to do in setting up my Kemper for live performance.

I certainly did not mean to give offence.

I would point out that the Kemper has WAY more control from the PC than my VHT UL had.... or my Fender blackface, or my VOX AC30 .... etc, etc. It is therefore difficult for me to say an editor is "critical" for my performance since I spent a couple of decades doing it with a tube amp or two on stage. Of course, I also spent decades warming up my hot dogs in boiling water ..... doesn't mean I would give up my microwave today ;)

I also don't need "deep parameter editing" in order to do preset management or show management, but that is just my opinion. YMMV and each person is entitled to their own opinion as to the features they would most like to have.

I do completely agree that a show management function which included preset management would be a wonderful addition for my workflow, and I still think this is a more likely addition to Rig Manager than a deep parameter editor .... but time will tell.

• Who is taking hostages? Who is announcing suicide? Seems reasonable as a consumer to say "this is something I need, if it can't be provided I may look elsewhere". There is no obligation on anyone's part to be fully satisfied with everything that Kemper offers at the moment. Supply & demand.

Where is the poetic freedom. ;)
    The essential statement seemed to me, that there are a lot of people with wishes for easements, but it is also possible to live without them.

• The essential statement seemed to me, that there are a lot of people with wishes for easements, but it is also possible to live without them.

Well, it's possible to live without Rig Manager too, but RM makes using the KPA easier, and as this is the feature requests section of the forum, why would anyone expect users not to submit requests for features that make using the unit easier for them, even if some others don't need or want said feature?

• It's possible to live without kpa too though (A controversial statement probably but anyway). Also possible to live with less accurate profiling than we have. I'd say it's about how essential Feature A is. Editor seems to fall into the category of important things people want. For me personally even better profiling accuracy is there too, but I am part of a minority on the forum when it comes to that. Editor, not so much.

• Well, it's possible to live without Rig Manager too, but RM makes using the KPA easier, and as this is the feature requests section of the forum, why would anyone expect users not to submit requests for features that make using the unit easier for them, even if some others don't need or want said feature?

It's possible to live without kpa too though (A controversial statement probably but anyway). Also possible to live with less accurate profiling than we have. I'd say it's about how essential Feature A is. Editor seems to fall into the category of important things people want. For me personally even better profiling accuracy is there too, but I am part of a minority on the forum when it comes to that. Editor, not so much.

I agree with you two on the matter.
    For me, however, this thread is no longer about whether we want to have an editor or whether it is meaningful or necessary (No question - many people want an editor, so do I).
    But does it make sense for constantly demand this desire with varied temperament and to complain vehemence or to complain about missing commenting by Kemper?

BTW: I was referring to a reaction from MomentoMori regarding a contribution from Nikos and I admit that there was also irony in it.

• I'd say it doesn't make sense to make a petition or say have riots on the streets.

I'd also say it probably doesn't make sense to wait for kemper to release news.. for me at least. Loss of Energy. I don't comment because I hope they will say something, even if they do, either.

But I don't think it's surpising this is an on going thing and that there is a snowball effect. People want to feel that the company listens to them. That is at times quite a challenge with kemper. Others not. A simple update would go a long way.

Edited once, last by Dimi84 ().

• But I don't think it's surpising this is an on going thing and that there is a snowball effect. People want to feel that the company listens to them. That is at times quite a challenge with kemper. Others not. A simple update would go a long way.

No objection from me. I'm not surprised either. :)
    I just don't want to comment on Kemper's behavior.

If I find a product that better suits my needs, I have no problem to switch to it.
    What counts for me is the product that I hold in my hand.

I abstain from repetitive advice and wishes
    I think this is easy on the nerves and doesn't bring me closer to any editor for 1 second. ;)

• I said this a long time ago and I am not happy to repeat this:

Kemper did everything possible to remain professional and serious.From top quality for a years long stable price without hardware upgrades which make first versions obsolete to trying to listen to all their costumers requests..(like me and others who had the request for loop-level control).And many things more.No need to list them all.

There will be a good reason why we must wait for the editor.Never question the good will of someone who has proven to be a fair buisness counterpart!Specially when this counterpart has NEVER promised this editor dear folks..

edit

Sorry for my irony in the previous posts.

• touche !
    I now found a better proverb that illustrates my opinion on the constant demand. ;)

He who does not fight will truly win. - The art of war. (Sun Tsu )

Yes, but no one's talking about war or fighting. Further, if no one fought Hitler's regime, we'd likely all be speaking German.