Can we please get some kind of Kemper Editor Software for your computer

• In my experience, outsourcing almost never produces anything close to in-house developers. With outsourcing, you need someone in-house to look at coding standards, do code reviews, hold status meetings, etc., in order to get something worth while. Most outsourced products are developed by junior programmers at best.

This is what I do for a living. I've seen it over and over. With outsourcing, your choices are cheap, and really expensive. The sad part is that you get what you pay for.

• Well, if the company continues to deliver on what we the customers want, as it always has done, it'd simply be viewed as one that delivers but doesn't spill the beans before they're cooked, Tommy.

Many successful companies operate this way, and I doubt very much that Kemper will see a need to change its policy in this way.

That said, one of the strengths of the company is to allow you to have your say, and I doubt there's anyone here who'd suggest it doesn't read the feature-request threads thoroughly, so you can be confident your thoughts have been taken on board, IMHO.

• You're repeating yourself - as we almost all here ^^

Yes and no, HarryBro'.

The context here is this:

I don't believe it is reflecting well on the company.

I addressed this by saying that if it delivers, the fact that it says nothing, well, would mean nothing.

I didn't want Tommy to feel anyone's dismissing his concern 'though; I'm certainly not, and so I tried to reassure him that his voice would be heard by Kemper.

• Hi Dean,

Currently, the MIDI commands needed to create such an editor are not built into the firmware on the Kemper. If the MIDI implementation were there, I would have created (at least) a show editor for that purpose. Unfortunately, without the internal changes, no third party can hope to create a good editor.

I believe that an editor will be made available in the future, but I am not confident it will meet the expectations of some posters in this thread (at least initially). The idea that the Kemper needs an editor equivalent to that of the Axe II Fx or Helix is not universally agreed by the kemper user base.

• Hi Dean,
    Currently, the MIDI commands needed to create such an editor are not built into the firmware on the Kemper. If the MIDI implementation were there, I would have created (at least) a show editor for that purpose. Unfortunately, without the internal changes, no third party can hope to create a good editor.

I believe that an editor will be made available in the future, but I am not confident it will meet the expectations of some posters in this thread (at least initially). The idea that the Kemper needs an editor equivalent to that of the Axe II Fx or Helix is not universally agreed by the kemper user base.

What about the one guy who made the Kemper editor VST and then got banned? Was he not using midi?

• I reviewed the MIDI chart in detail.

The basic control is there. This is how the front end app works. The ability to change programs and banks is also there. That is how the MIDI pedals work.

I think that anything you link a morph pedal to can be changed with a midi channel, but the deep editing linkages aren't there.

To be more comprehensive, it would be nice if the Kemper would adopt the OSC protocol and publish the interface.

• I think it's very subjective what a guitar-player "needs" and what he doesn't "need".

I'm a bit older, so I grew up with solid tube-amps like Marshall, Vox and Fender, a few pedals, some good guitars and the sound was always great. Just listen to Hendrix, Page, Beck, Carlton ect., they created some of the best guitar-sounds ever.

The 80's with preamps, big racks and all the Rocktron-sh... didn't make any guitar-sound better, basically there were a lot of really awful guitar-sounds out there.

Now in the digital age everybody is using apps and software everyday, and for some this seems to be the most important thing in life. NOT for me.... For me it's simply the sound that matters, of course there are other digital guitar devices with good sounds, but nothing can "clone" a tube-amp better than the Kemper. And no other digital device can profile my own amps 1:1. I'm totally fine with the features of the Kemper and the Rig Manager, and because I'm only using my own profiles and the best ones available, there's absolutely no need for a lot of editing and tweaking. And nobody needs hundreds of different amps, it's much better to use the best profiles available (or your own) and get the maximum out of it. I also love to use my pedalboard (Strymon, Mad Professor, Fulltone etc. effects) in front of the Kemper, just adding another sound-universe.

Just my personal point of view. ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• You're not the only old guy here, and you are correct, it is very subjective. And you make some good points. But, the whole point of technology is to offer better & more efficient ways of doing things. So, I have to ask since you apparently use your pedalboard in front: have you delved into preset management? Do you know what preset management is, how the Kemper manages presets, the potential in that functionality and all of the inherent challenges and headaches it creates, and how preset management relates to the need for an editor?

I understand that not everyone feels the need for an editor, but there is a difference between knowing where things really could use improvement, and what an editor might offer in terms of that improvement and being ignorant (I don't mean that in a negative way) of the things that others have identified that need improvement. Sort of like telling someone they shouldn't mod their Twin Reverb by pulling the tubes. So thats why I ask. Most of us who are asking for an editor agree that its a great product that delivers the goods in terms of replicating the amp tones we are after. We would just like to have better ways of exploiting the full potential of all the features that the product has to offer. check it out - you might find yourself in a new world of possibility - and also find that opens your eyes to the potential an editor brings.

• Yeah. Great books were written before the typewriter too...It just took a little longer...

I have gigs. Need editor to keep up to speed with the guys with keyboards and computers on stage...

Well put. While I am not one who is begging for an editor, it is certainly something that is becoming a standard for this class of digital amp, and even for units of much lower cost.

I have made this very same type of comment myself on digital mixers vs analog mixers. I usually use record players and film cameras as my examples ;)

I do understand (and agree) with those who state that the Kemper is designed to be easy to configure from the front end. It is very "amp like" in that regard. Contrast that with the AxeIIFx where the physical UI is painful to even imagine using.

I find it difficult to believe that the Kemper will never have an editor. I just wish for a more comprehensive reverb and stomp section first ..... because those things really do effect tone.