Can we please get some kind of Kemper Editor Software for your computer

• Yeah. Great books were written before the typewriter too...It just took a little longer...

I have gigs. Need editor to keep up to speed with the guys with keyboards and computers on stage...

if you need speed changing patches, performances, etc, that’s already in rig manager. I highly doubt you’d be editing on stage.

• if you need speed changing patches, performances, etc, that’s already in rig manager. I highly doubt you’d be editing on stage.

Editing is done before you go on stage, not to mention if you are at a desk recording and want to change parameters and settings in a timely manner without having to physically move back and forth from wherever your KPA is stationed. Consider many of us probably aren't using the KPA to full capacity with all its features because it's easy to get lost mining menus and sub menus on a tiny screen.

• Based on the quality of the product to date I think it's safe to say that whatever product decisions they make will continue to advance the world of digital guitar sounds.

If I was the boss and they're spending big development resource on it I'd probably want to see a new product offering to pay for it, like a standalone PC/Mac Kemper lite or pedal. :)

• I do understand (and agree) with those who state that the Kemper is designed to be easy to configure from the front end. It is very "amp like" in that regard.

I've heard similar analogies, but the reality is that the vast majority of amplifiers don't have 20 or more pages of presets to sort through nor multiple pages of settings available to configure. The control set isn't close to comparable.

• I've heard similar analogies, but the reality is that the vast majority of amplifiers don't have 20 or more pages of presets to sort through nor multiple pages of settings available to configure. The control set isn't close to comparable.

Well, people are referring to "bass, mids, treble, gain" and some more... And a few more secondary ones... As "amp like UI".. From my understanding... The main ones, my pod xt has as well, plus an editor, which imho isn't becoming an industry standard but has been so for quite a time now.

• Well, people are referring to "bass, mids, treble, gain" and some more... And a few more secondary ones... As "amp like UI".. From my understanding... The main ones, my pod xt has as well, plus an editor, which imho isn't becoming an industry standard but has been so for quite a time now.

That's the thing, though. A lot of people don't want an editor simply to tweak the Kemper's BMT. There are a ton of parameters that require more than a single twist of a knob to tweak.

• That's the thing, though. A lot of people don't want an editor simply to tweak the Kemper's BMT. There are a ton of parameters that require more than a single twist of a knob to tweak.

Most certainly.

• Even beyond parameters, better preset, effects, and cab management is a must.

• @guenterhaas

Lets say the editor was not so important untill the appearence of the new delays..

Now it is.

And personally I have difficulties to believe that we will see the new reverbs before any kind of editor will come.

With "any kind of editor" I mean that me peronally..would not wonder to much if we will get an editor only for the fx/management-section excluding the amp section..

:D

• Consider many of us probably aren't using the KPA to full capacity with all its features because it's easy to get lost mining menus and sub menus on a tiny screen.

THIS! Plus wearing out buttons.

The Kemper Profiling Amp is the best musical invention since the Electric Guitar and the Marshall Amp .

• Here's a video of Scott going through the interface, and create a Tom Petty rig. He shows how intuitive the interface is, and quickly transforms rigs into Tom Petty sounding rigs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuXov3qd6B4

It shows how quickly you can transform the sound on the unit itself. I see it as an excellent example of the power of learning the machine, instead of constantly fighting it.

I'm sure he would benefit from an editor, but spent the time to learn the unit, and get things done.

• Well sure, you can learn to use the front of an Axe-FX or an H9, but that doesn't mean the editor won't make your task exponentially easier. The UI on the KPA is very well designed and intuitive. But there are deeper facets at play which I think most users probably overlook or don't even know exist because it requires them to mine deep into sections they don't feel adept at going into (and know what the hell each parameter does when they get there).

I assume there's probably a number of users who found the KPA unsatisfactory in part because they didn't know how to mine deep into it in order to slightly tweak a parameter and sold the unit. Lots of people get overwhelmed looking at a ton of buttons & options.

Edited once, last by MementoMori ().

• Well sure, you can learn to use the front of an Axe-FX or an H9, but that doesn't mean the editor won't make your task exponentially easier. The UI on the KPA is very well designed and intuitive. But there are deeper facets at play which I think most users probably overlook or don't even know exist because it requires them to mine deep into sections they don't feel adept at going into (and know what the hell each parameter does when they get there).

I assume there's probably a number of users who found the KPA unsatisfactory in part because they didn't know how to mine deep into it in order to slightly tweak a parameter and sold the unit. Lots of people get overwhelmed looking at a ton of buttons & options.

I'm thinking about this in a pragmatic manner, not an emotional one. The difference with the Axe-Fx is that they already have an editor, and the interface is no where near as intuitive as the Kemper. My point was that instead of people incessantly saying they can't get things done without an editor, it's simply not true. There are currently 2 choices, learn the interface, and start creating the sounds you're looking for now, and switch to an editor when it comes out, or just wait for an editor. If you just wait, who are you hurting? Kemper or yourself?

Since the options in an editor will correspond to the options on the unit, those people you spoke about will be overwhelmed with a PC editor also.

• For me it's not that the user interface on the actual amp is bad. In fact I think they've done a remarkable job of getting that much complexity into a small footprint and keeping it easy to use.

It's more about the ergonomics. Every time I want to make a change I need to lean forward, reach out, and bend down. I'd much rather use the computer that's right in front of me and has my recording software on it.

• I think you're exaggerating the emotional state of the argument. It is pragmatic to expect and request a workflow commensurate with other digital devices. It's also pragmatic to bring up how many people will have little patience to learn all the manual ins and outs from using the UI, or perhaps find it cumbersome to continually move to wherever their KPA is to change something if they don't want it awkwardly sitting next to them on their workstation.

Axe is more cumbersome to use the UI, nobody denies (that I'm aware of). Still, an editor was necessary, and one is necessary in the case of the KPA, especially when you consider all the additions and upgrades the Kemper team has come out with over these 5 years without any overhaul in management. Truthfully, it's absurd to have to scroll all the way through each independent effect preset to get from one end to the other.

• Right... (sarcasm alert)...Because Scott just went, "Hey, lets create Tom's sound" (walks over to Kemper, twists a couple knobs, and says) "there, that works. I'm glad I had the camera running!"

Slide rules work just fine, who would ever need a calculator?

• Right... (sarcasm alert)...Because Scott just went, "Hey, lets create Tom's sound" (walks over to Kemper, twists a couple knobs, and says) "there, that works. I'm glad I had the camera running!"
    Slide rules work just fine, who would ever need a calculator?

Of course, he didn't hit that sound immediately. It's called tweaking. It comes from actually spending the time to learn the interface. I'm sure he didn't learn it in a day. I know I started with one effect (graphic eq) and although daunting at first, became familiar with it. I seen realized that there wasn't any difference between the effect options and the knobs on an actual pedal.

Equating the Kemper to a slide rule. Really?