Can we please get some kind of Kemper Editor Software for your computer

• I can agree with that. There's another thread to change this feature to the left for the type, and the right to show the pedals in that effect list.

Tweaking is easy. Its having those tweaks show up in multiple places without having to go through tedious and rigourous tasks repetitively that is the issue. (for me). If they could fix that, I probably wouldn't need an editor either.

• My point was that instead of people incessantly saying they can't get things done without an editor, it's simply not true.

You are correct, but for example to demo cabs on the KPA is a major pain and takes way too much time. An editor would make the task much much faster and not have to push a button over 100-200 time to do it.

The Kemper Profiling Amp is the best musical invention since the Electric Guitar and the Marshall Amp .

• You are correct, but for example to demo cabs on the KPA is a major pain and takes way too much time. An editor would make the task much much faster and not have to push a button over 100-200 time to do it.

I agree that cab functionality can be better, as I stated (probably a dozen pages) before. What button would you have to press 100-200 times?

• I'm thinking about this in a pragmatic manner, not an emotional one. The difference with the Axe-Fx is that they already have an editor, and the interface is no where near as intuitive as the Kemper. My point was that instead of people incessantly saying they can't get things done without an editor, it's simply not true. There are currently 2 choices, learn the interface, and start creating the sounds you're looking for now, and switch to an editor when it comes out, or just wait for an editor. If you just wait, who are you hurting? Kemper or yourself?

Since the options in an editor will correspond to the options on the unit, those people you spoke about will be overwhelmed with a PC editor also.

Don't forget the 3rd choice .. use the Kemper for the amp sounds and a Fractal FX8 for the FX using the 4CM. It works great, and you have a very good editor too! ;)

• Ok, I have to admit, this is really a PITA! I don't know that they need an editor for this, but changing the UI so that you first select the effect type, and then select the effect would GREATLY improve the existing UI!

Agreed, though it would still hold true that an editor would exponentially assist effects management for many, even if the effect type were added to the UI. Changing management on the UI in the meantime is a pretty elementary ask.

• I'm honestly considering slapping my M13 in in front of the Kemper and calling it a day. It will increase my floorspace requirements and up my foot stomping but I did buy the Kemper to give me access to the amps - not the effects, and if it makes it easier for me to just set up performances with different amps and have the M13 in front (or loop or even 4CM), I may have to do it. That right there would pretty much solve my perceived editor requirements since most of them revolve around preset management.

• I'm honestly considering slapping my M13 in in front of the Kemper and calling it a day. It will increase my floorspace requirements and up my foot stomping but I did buy the Kemper to give me access to the amps - not the effects, and if it makes it easier for me to just set up performances with different amps and have the M13 in front (or loop or even 4CM), I may have to do it. That right there would pretty much solve my perceived editor requirements since most of them revolve around preset management.

I'm using an FX8 and I can't complain, but it does seem a bit odd having to get a separate unit just to make it do what I want. Although on the plus side, I do get to use both the Kemper FX and Fractal FX together using the 4CM.

• And I am sure we all appreciate this sort of "drive-by" comment.
    [Blocked Image: https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/62021692/brace-yourself-sour-grapes-are-coming.jpg]

Well, when I earlier suggested a lack of editor both dissuades new users and old ones part with it for lack of convenience I was laughed at and mocked by a few forum members. Ramjam is living evidence and illustrates that point. I think that's insightful info to know, don't you? It's not like he took a swipe at the KPA.

• I cant wait till I visit my older brother in germany again.He actually lives in duesseldorf.I will go to the best japanese noodle restauarant there and ask them to make me some schnitzels to my noodle soup..and boy..I will record their reactions (if I survive this anyway)..and post it here in this blog.

• if you need speed changing patches, performances, etc, that’s already in rig manager. I highly doubt you’d be editing on stage.

Eh...no i will never be editing on stage. Speed changing i'll keep doing with the remote thankyouverymuch :D

I need to be able to prepare and tweak everything in a couple of setlists beforehand, in the studio, and in a reference environment with a PA. Rehearse with it and ...then play shows.

Some of us have a lot of material to play, and sometimes getting or cowriting the song to learn, finding a good tone, tweaking the effects, rearranging the setlist..has to be done very very quickly. Sitting in front of the profiler is not always an option. More likely, people like me sit in front of the computer, jumping through different parts of the song, trying to work as fast as possible.

I got a Helix LT, even if it sounds worse....If that tells you anything of the importance of an editor for some of us.
    Tweaked it with the excellent editor, and now it sounds almost as good.

• Dialing up a Tom Petty sound from the front that works is of course easy.

Now do that for a couple of hours worth of shows with Zappa or Floyd-like material...in the last minute, on the same time you need to memorize the songs.

• I read the manual. I am also a software engineer.When one thing is displayed on my rig manager, and another on the device, this is what us grown ups call a bug.

Since the words "supply & demand" have fallen often in this thread..

In our case the producer never made the "supply".It is ofcourse okay to make a "demand"(in this case a request) after the supply(an offer) but obviously the producer has (better siad still has untill the editor appears) a special product philosophy which never included an offer for the thing here in demand.

This is what I dont understand anymore with this thread.

The "bug" would be if the producer offers something and does not deliver after he promised to do so.This is not the case here.In fact I cant remember that I saw this kind of making a special "demand" with any other product so far.If this is not a bug in the understanding how simple trade works..what else could be indeed a bug then;

• Since the words "supply & demand" have fallen often in this thread..
    In our case the producer never made the "supply".It is ofcourse okay to make a "demand"(in this case a request) after the supply(an offer) but obviously the producer has (better siad still has untill the editor appears) a special product philosophy which never included an offer for the thing here in demand.

Exactly. The profiler's raison d'etre was originally to profile amps. People are trying to steer this purpose towards one of a glorified modeler for live use and they get impatient in the process, requesting better effects, an editor, a floorboard version and all sorts or things that the KPA never signed up to be or even provide in the first place. Seems like some of you got the wrong product. ?(

• Since the words "supply & demand" have fallen often in this thread..

The "bug" would be if the producer offers something and does not deliver after he promised to do so.This is not the case here.In fact I cant remember that I saw this kind of making a special "demand" with any other product so far.If this is not a bug in the understanding how simple trade works..what else could be indeed a bug then;

Dude. The function "copy" is in the software. And it doesn't work.