Can we please get some kind of Kemper Editor Software for your computer

• I know there is another thread with over 110,000 hits on many aspects of a Kemper Editor. This is not to duplicate that thread. I simply think that with that much interest out there in this item Kemper needs to shed some light on where they stand with this issue. This in not only fair to the user base but also to prospective buyers of the Kemper.

PLEASE KEMPER - CAN YOU UPDATE THIS BY PUTTING OUT A STATEMENT?

Thanks,
    :)
    LB

• I will say one thing as my 2 cents. I bought a rack unit and just the physical aspect of that in a studio demands an editor. Not many folks are able to build a rack next to the studio desk so they can twist knobs on the Kemper.

I just posted a new thread asking of Kemper to please provide an announcement on this highest viewed thread on this very topic of an Editor.

I have recently spoken with the developer of the alternative to the Kemper Editor. He actually had that effort pretty far along in a Toaster configuration. Alas he has little time to update to the latest firmware versions. Last I know of he had code that covered firmware version 4, if memory serves. His thoughts were the whole program needed to be re-written to not be one interface dependent and that the program could work with all Kemper configurations. At this point all work is on hold that I know of. Thus if Kemper will fill us in on where they stand Editor wise it might enchorage that developer to do more if no Editor is planned by Kemper....

Thanks,
    LB

• The lack communication is one of the main issues with the editor.

There are a lot of developers hanging around here and I strongly believe that they could create something great if they all work together and get a bit of support from Kemper. But nobody wants to waste such a huge amount of time on a project when there is a chance that there will be an official editor at some point that will render the entire community effort useless in a heartbeat.

• I just filled out a support ticket requesting a status update from Kemper. To me with the amount of interest shown. They at least should offer the decency of an update on this subject.

Yes - If one guy with NO SUPPORT from Kemper can make a very functionable Editor then a team of users/developers could well nail this thing down. I just hope my efforts in some small way can get the ball rolling. I also know the guy who did the programing on the first MIDI editor is interested in going forward but he would like some help. I am no coder but I offered to write documentation/test/suggest and other any other thing I was capable of. I am sure others would too, even developers.

All we lack is a clear understanding from Kemper on where THEY are at on this issue. Enough speculation and years of waiting, being "patient". Time to move on and get some functioning application working for us all.

Thanks,
    LB

• Kemper Support Reports no Knowledge of an Editor program. They further state that company policy is new announcements are via press releases. I asked this request to be pushed up line and was told “the developers would get the request”. But also not to expect an answer.

Guys I think it is a fairly safe bet that there will be no editor any time soon. Maybe never. I could be wrong but that is my impression. I mean if one were in the works what would be the reason to withhold the information? That could kill sales. All one would have to announce is:

Editor Release Sometime in 2018 Q4 or after is being worked on.

The reason Kemper would do this advance notice is to capture sales from those wanting an editor capable product that are on the fence about purchase.

Ok – So I am going to start yet another thread and ask for volunteers and help on creation of an Editor. I will also contact the original creator of the present editor project and see if he is still willing to share what he has and carry on his work by him in any capacity.

Cheers!

LB

• I mean if one were in the works what would be the reason to withhold the information? That could kill sales. All one would have to announce is:

Editor Release Sometime in 2018 Q4 or after is being worked on.

The reason Kemper would do this advance notice is to capture sales from those wanting an editor capable product that are on the fence about purchase.

Kemper have stopped making these announcements in advance, because people get all pissy when there are delays, as evidenced by history.
    While an editor would be nice, I can certainly appreciate that Kemper err on the side of caution by being tight-lipped, rather than following the vapour-ware method.

• Guess those editor rumors from NAMM last year were false then. What a shame.

• Maybe not on Namm, but I guess you won't find out until the dog is ready to wag its tail and you have have an editor!

@ Michael-DK - Well that is a valid issue. But in my view that could be built into the release language. In any event what is true is I looked briefly at when the Kemper came out. I think it was 2011 or so. Thus in 7 years we have no editor.... Think of how many lost sales that is. I am going to give it a shot and see if we can get some movement from the community on this one.

Take care,
    LB

• Maybe not on Namm, but I guess you won't find out until the dog is ready to wag its tail and you have have an editor!

@ Michael-DK - Well that is a valid issue. But in my view that could be built into the release language. In any event what is true is I looked briefly at when the Kemper came out. I think it was 2011 or so. Thus in 7 years we have no editor.... Think of how many lost sales that is. I am going to give it a shot and see if we can get some movement from the community on this one.

Take care,
    LB

The Toaster app works great, except it does not support the new delays and a few other features added in fw 4 and 5. If it also had a Save button, the ability to rearrange effects and supported effect presets, it would be absolutely perfect.

• The Toaster app works great, except it does not support the new delays and a few other features added in fw 4 and 5. If it also had a Save button, the ability to rearrange effects and supported effect presets, it would be absolutely perfect.

Yeah that was a pretty good hack I think. I am seeing if that author is still interested in reviving his project. I know this, he wanted to do away with the Toaster interface and make a generic one that would work with all Kemper models. I think that is a very wise upgrade. I don't know what version of the app you have but he had a later version that had not been released. It still did not support the new delays though.

I tell you if I had any coding skills at all I would try and do this. As is I can only help where I can but I think this is a very worthy project. I will post more as it becomes known.

LB

• Guess those editor rumors from NAMM last year were false then. What a shame.

Not if you paid close enough attention. New updates snuck in a few things and not too long ago the official Kemper FB made a post looking for developers to get in touch with them (since deleted). Kemper is no doubt juggling a whole slew of things all at once, so there's plenty of reasons why it would take a while and why it would take several updates of new algorithms to prepare for such a thing.

• Let's please not jump the gun again. The developer could be for the Rig Manager for all we know.

Seven years into a product, I for one am increasingly sceptical about getting an editor with the existing hardware.

It is more likely a new Kemper will be rolled out with VST integration as a feature. Saying this based on Kemper's strategy with the Access Virus. When they finally rolled it out with a VST after three iteration, they billed it as "Total Integration".

• It is more likely a new Kemper will be rolled out with VST integration as a feature. Saying this based on Kemper's strategy with the Access Virus. When they finally rolled it out with a VST after three iteration, they billed it as "Total Integration".

Total Integration is a superb concept! I wonder why other companies haven't done similar things.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Hello all

It would be fantastic if the community were to work together or the information released so an individual could develop an editor. This is quite similar to the TC Helicon VL3X where the company did not want to develop an editor so released a very similar product to Rig Manager. Someone else developed an editor, I paid £35 for it and its utilised on a daily basis.

As for the comment of a Kemper 2 with VST/editor support I would personally see this approach as insulting. As a late adopter of the Kemper and after splashing out over £3000 for all the required components including an FRFR I would be more than annoyed to have to sell the Kemper at a loss just so the company can push a new product.

It would be good to see them go down the Line6 route of offering VST integration and an editor as a separate product. I wouldn't mind paying £100 for the convenience.

Just my opinion.

Mike

• Let's please not jump the gun again. The developer could be for the Rig Manager for all we know.

Seven years into a product, I for one am increasingly sceptical about getting an editor with the existing hardware.

It is more likely a new Kemper will be rolled out with VST integration as a feature. Saying this based on Kemper's strategy with the Access Virus. When they finally rolled it out with a VST after three iteration, they billed it as "Total Integration".

I'll trust what the evidence points to and what's been disclosed to me vs subjective feelings on the matter. Not too long ago you were saying you felt the Kemper had been abandoned. There's nothing about the hardware that prevents an editor, otherwise it wouldn't support Rig Manager. It's a matter of code, and the groundwork has been laid. And there was no "jumping the gun" as no timetable was given, which was expressed.