Can we please get some kind of Kemper Editor Software for your computer

• FWIW, Kemper's response to editor requests has and, seemingly, shall ever be:

[Blocked Image: https://imgur.com/99FYeAw.jpg]

Alternatively, when asked about an iOS editor over in Fractal-land (in addition to the existing PC/Mac editor) for their new Axe-III product, the company founder / owner / visionary responded:
    [Blocked Image: https://imgur.com/t5jVNwb.jpg]

TD;DR - be patient. Your request may or may not ever be delivered, and certainly won't be addressed before it's out of the oven.

• The "roadmap" is a loose term and that comment is something that Kemper could say, but they don't talk BS about vapourware.

I believe the German way is to under promise and over deliver rather than talking stuff up.

• The "roadmap" is a loose term and that comment is something that Kemper could say, but they don't talk BS about vapourware.

I believe the German way is to under promise and over deliver rather than talking stuff up.

They don't have to talk BS about anything. Simply confirming that they are or aren't working on an editor would be sufficient.

• Their website has had an ad for developers on the front page for ages now. That's enough of an indication that they're investing in their product and will likely deliver something major.

Why a company would announce their strategic roadmap to the whole world is beyond me. Go Kemper! :)

• Their website has had an ad for developers on the front page for ages now. That's enough of an indication that they're investing in their product and will likely deliver something major.

Why a company would announce their strategic roadmap to the whole world is beyond me. Go Kemper! :)

Announcing that they're working on an editor wouldn't be much different than announcing they'll be creating new effects, something Christoph asserted at this year's NAMM.

Fractal users also have product obsolescence to worry about due to the hardware changing, so they need more info about the plan so they know when to sell and upgrade. :)

That has nothing to do with it, per the announcement regarding iOS and Android apps for the new hardware above.

• Secretly plotting an editor to be released one day is the silliest theory I've ever heard. I mean I can see secret new special effects... I can see new hardware updates at NAMM or a new unit, etc., etc., But an editor? Its no big deal. Its just standard now. The massive Eventides and such have them for the get go, all the way down to little pedals. Even. little. pedals:

tone.jpg

No big deal. Its not like you can't own only one product and no other. The Kemper is fine for some things, and other tools for other things. If one comes out, great. Other useful possibilities emerge. If one doesn't, then the Kemper becomes just something else to use once in a while. I don't even care anymore. Always new things coming around, so I use the Kemper for what I can. It's still fun but my tube amps are fun too. Whatever...

• The ad for a developer includes (translated):

"Your tasks
    Further development and care our platform-independent software framework for embedded and desktop applications"

Hardly subtle clue I reckon.

"Your tasks
    Further development and care our platform-independent software framework for embedded and desktop applications"

Well, if they're working on an editor, why not just say it and put all of the speculation to rest?

"Your tasks

That could simply be the Rig Manager and the KPA codebase. "Further development and care" implies nothing to me. That could be something as simple as ensuring compatibility with future Windows and macOS updates.

But it certainly doesn't scream "EDITOR" to me.

"Your tasks

Not really. The embedded platform is the KPA, the desktop applications might be RigManager or a DAW plugin. Depends on what they define as their framework. My guess: there is a core audio processing library plus a SDK which handles the connections and some kind of platform-specific frame (I/O, display, etc.).

• I think an editor requires integration of the embedded platform functionality and the desktop platform.

Your right but that integration can easily be programmed, they own the source code. A couple of programmers should be able to knock that out with maybe 200 or so hours. So maybe 3 weeks and some beta testing. Then 3 more weeks of bug fixes so in reality a 3 month project full time for 2 programmers. Maybe 1 depending on the code.

• It's a "nice to have". Definitely not a necessity.

No doubt but who speaks of needs.
    It makes sense to have an editor for managing the sounds, incl. Amps, Cabs and effects.
    The rig manager only manages whole rigs and nothings else..

Strictly speaking, even a Kemper would not be necessary - but it's nice to have. ^^