Can we please get some kind of Kemper Editor Software for your computer

• I'm certainly not arguing against getting an editor, I would like one. However I don't think it's silly at all that my 20 year old USB stick that holds the maximum of 1mb is capable of storing all the KPA + unlimited number of profiles, and I can update the Kemper using it just the same or more reliably than having to use a computer, This is extreme efficient use of resources that sets the Kemper apart,. I adjusted to accepting the Kemper as any other amp relying on it's knobs and buttons until an editor is released.
    I use rig manger when I need to and I'm thinking any update to rig manger will bring it towards becoming an editor it's just a matter of time.

Not sure about that, but hope you are right.

• But they still buy the Kemper and keep it knowing it doesn't have an editor, so clearly the KPA makes up for the lack of editor in outstanding tones, The factual reality is that Kemper users are able to get great tones with minimal editing, so in a way we can't compare the KPA to other devices that have too many Parameters.

I originally bought the KPA without realizing it didn't have an editor, though I obviously kept it because I like how it sounds. However, that's independent of my desire for an editor because 1) it would make more involved editing sessions far more efficient and productive and 2) remote access is practically essential for users whose KPA isn't within arms reach.

Yes I agree that an editor is basic requirements to all digital devices, but a KPA editor would be a luxury rather than a necessity as is the case with other modelers.

It's not a luxury for people who don't have easy access to their KPA's front panel. Using a keyboard and mouse to make a selection is infinitely more efficient than twisting knobs or pushing buttons 10 - 15 times just to access a specific preset.

Users are producing amazing tones without an editor, tones that keep drawing more sales, so who knows

Undoubtedly there are a lot of excellent profiles that don't require much (if any) tweaking, but it can be time consuming to add / edit effects, swap cabs or simply dial in an exact frequency (EQ) using the front panel.

what the majority have discovered that turning the KPA on and moving a few knobs is all that's needed, at least I know how liberating it was discovering that I no longer needed to spend hours tweaking. Instead almost instantly I know if the profile will work or it won't.

Needs vary from user to user and profile to profile. Some profiles don't require much, if any, tweaking and others very little, however there are times I've put a bit of effort into ironing out wrinkles via EQ and trying various effects, and it's at those times that I know an editor would come in extremely handy, and all the more so considering I have to get out of my chair to tweak the unit.

• Until an editor comes out, I found out, that the fastest way to get what I personally need is to lock two buttons, the Stomps button and Effects button. This way I don't waste hardly anytime scrolling through effects in case I need effects. This requires some form of commitment to your own user interface similar to real world pedal board.,

How often do you swap pedal positions in the real world? Not often. if you know where your drive is located now you go to it and quickly select other drives using the type knob without having to scroll hardly , same with Mod etc.

It's not like these effects have that many parameters that you save time by saving them.

Keep in mind you can save presets of the Stomps section also by clicking on it till flashes and then simply store. Now you have preset of chain of effects and the nice time saver with this is when you click on the Stomp or preset till it flashing to load presets, now the browse knob will scroll only through presets of the "Stomps" or "Effects" chains, that's very quick and dirty and saves a lot of time.

• Until an editor comes out, I found out, that the fastest way to get what I personally need is to lock two buttons, the Stomps button and Effects button. This way I don't waste hardly anytime scrolling through effects in case I need effects.

You still have to scroll through effects initially either way, and locking the effects section doesn't help people whose KPA is sitting out of reach or have poor eyesight.

if you know where your drive is located now you go to it and quickly select other drives using the type knob without having to scroll hardly , same with Mod etc.

That's all well and good if you plan on using the same effect(s) for different profiles.

It's not like these effects have that many parameters that you save time by saving them.

It would undoubtedly be a hassle for me to re-enter parameter information every time I wanted to apply it to an effect, especially on top of having to scroll through the effects list.

• FWIW I rarely spin the Browse knob excessively now. If I need to go all the way to the Wah settings I'll use the cursor keys.

I've also saved several Stomp sections, so I can grab a whole stomp configuration at once without any fiddling.

• FWIW I rarely spin the Browse knob excessively now. If I need to go all the way to the Wah settings I'll use the cursor keys.

I don't save much (if any) time using the right or left cursor buttons to scroll through effects. I can traverse a single page in the effects list with one spin of the browse knob vs. two button presses. Of course, you can hold cursor buttons down but that ultimately doesn't save you any time.

• I can't believe the continued nit-picking and small talk. The fact remains that editors are -STANDARD- for almost any gear today. Let me repeat: ----> STANDARD.

Do you have a smart phone or a regular old cell phone? Same thing. Most have a smart phone. I have an old Motorola StarTac than has internet access, email, etc.. The last one made. It does everything a smartphone can do, so why do I need a smart phone?

BECAUSE THE SCREEN IS BIGGER. I CAN DO MORE THINGS AT ONE TIME WITH A BIG SCREEN. ;) HELLO!

If you chose to exclude an editor, you are from the beginning behind the times of ALL other gear, regardless of how good your gear may sound. The other gear will surpass you over time.

Convenience is just as important as creative. I've seen it all go down since the early 80's, and one thing that has always lagged way behind is the hardware. Always in rack format, the tiny screens and access to the massive information got extremely TIRESOME and is the exact reason why everybody went back to old heads and pedals. WE GOT TIRED OF IT. Way huge software possibilities, but space shuttle monster manuals, hundreds of sub menus, tiresome 3" screens, and hours upon hours of sore back programming. Enough!

Once the editor made the scene, there was no going back. It's smart. It's relevant. It's what everyone is used to now.

I can see the idea of trying to make something just like an amp. When I got the Kemper, by all accounts it was still somewhat simple to use, but I like many figured it was new and advancements were coming, like an editor similar to AFX and others.

Now that we have 1000 amp profiles, many effects, parameters, cabs, etc, etc... it is NO LONGER IN THE SIMPLE AMP REALM. The Kemper is a FULL BLOWN PROCESSOR. PERIOD.

Besides the hijacking of fluff, the original request remains: Can we get an editor, yes or no?

It makes zero sense to not say anything unless a) you have nothing to offer at all and no way to get there, so why address it to look bad. or b) You may have something to offer, but it may be left to a Kemper 2 for some kind of marketing thing. or c) You have some specific idea about what you created and simply don't want to offer one, so let everyone talk circles about it, who cares.

This topic is dead and the question / request has gone unanswered beyond any normal parameters. In my book silence defaults to: NO.

• Nemo - the KPA has been around for a long time. What other product with a sophisticated computer editor existed in 2012 that could fool veteran players into thinking they were plugged into their own amp?

They've nailed the MAIN purpose of the device in a way that no others have, plus they keep the unit current with updates. That's probably why you use it. :)

• Sure pal. If anything you are a great product cheerleader regardless, which is useless in any topic of discussion. Amusing though, the title ‘KPA expert’ like this is a hard thing to achieve. That is not the point of conversation at all, which is why you are hopelessly lost in your fawning. It is about control and application, not expertise and familiarity of the unit, we are talking about an editor. I think others have pointed this out also, but you and a few others seem to miss the mark quite often. Perhaps If you reread from the beginning each time before you post that may help you. ;)

• Nemo - the KPA has been around for a long time. What other product with a sophisticated computer editor existed in 2012 that could fool veteran players into thinking they were plugged into their own amp?

They've nailed the MAIN purpose of the device in a way that no others have, plus they keep the unit current with updates. That's probably why you use it. :)

Why the need for some to constantly defend Kemper's decision not to release an editor? Regardless of how amazing the Kemper amp sounds, an editor would be extremely helpful for most users (I'm sure there are some that don't need it, they probably don't use RigManager either?).

• So this is how the company decided to market the KPA based on my observation, just like any other tube amp. The main target market of interest to Kemper, as I watched in many interviews, was for owners of tubes amp to make profiles of their own tube amps instead of taking those amps on the road.

If the KPA were strictly viewed as an amp, they wouldn't have bothered developing Rig Manager.

Here in the United States,a very large market, If you look in sweetwater, musicansfriend and other major music gear catalogs and online stores, the Kemper is found under AMP category

So is Bias Head, which has an editor, and the Boss Katana is listed under Guitar Combo Amps, as is the Yamaha THR series.

• You didn't read my statement in the same post that agrees with what you're saying
    "So the KPA clearly wasn't designed just for the Modeling aficionados even though they make up a percentage of users, "

I was referring to how the developers, not consumers, view the KPA.

True but it's up to the users to accept them as viable replacement for tube amps and whether any of them can actually make a copy of the users own favorite amps.

That wasn't your original point, though. You were originally trying to suggest that the section the KPA is categorized in at Sweetwater supports the view that the developers see the KPA as an amp primarily and thus view an editor as negligible, which is why you said, "the intention of the designer was for the KPA to be like any other tube amp, and yes like tube amps that no one requires an editor for." You then attempted to support that assertion with, "if you didn't notice when you bought your Kemper, go to any of these sites and Shop by Category and select amps and notice that Kemper will pop up. Clearly this is not accidental and it very likely was discussed ad nauseam by the company before the product was released."