Can we please get some kind of Kemper Editor Software for your computer

• I"m just trying to rationalize an explanation to why KPA still has no editor. Initially it was conceived as mainly replacement to one's own tube amps for recording and performing and it was tremendous success and leap forward in that regard. Recently in the last 2 to three years it has evolved into a multi effect also which calls for an editor so rig manager librarian was the start and I can see that the next step would be an editor. That's all I'm saying.

You may well be right that the KPA has been viewed by the developers as an amp primarily and consequently they don't see an editor as particularly relevant or important. I just didn't see the KPA's categorization at Sweetwater as indicative of that.

• Because this is a discussion and all views should be welcomed!
    Even though I would like an editor, but some have pointed out important distinctions that all readers of this thread should be aware of..

The Device is called KPA "Kemper Profiling Amp", the intention of the designer was for the KPA to be like any other tube amp, and yes like tube amps that no one requires an editor for.

Tube amps do not include a fully featured effects processor. It is when setting up and editing effects an editor would be really useful.

• I DO want an editor. It would be really useful.

I too used to complain loudly about it and criticise Kemper for it.

I've gotten over myself and stopped whining about it. If that makes me a fanboy then possibly some are just looking for that to justify their own frustrations.

• I've gotten over myself and stopped whining about it.

It's great that you've accepted there's no editor and "have stopped whining about it". Have you likewise accepted that this thread was posted in the Feature Requests section and as such it's to be expected that many KPA enthusiasts are going to verbalize their interest in (or dissatisfaction with the lack of) one?

• for the last four pages or so this thread was bumped by just a handful of people (you know who you are), stating and re-stating their opinion, thereby triggering the same responses... ad infinitum

please use a bit more restraint and self-control before posting, we're on page 64 and this thread doesn't need to be bumped every few hours.

thanks

• Basically the KPA is what it is, if you want to edit everything with an editor-software you have to buy a different gear.

Complaining about not having a full editor imho is a waste of time,... If there will be one it will be released by the company.

Just compare the three important digital guitar devices (KPA, Axe-FX, Line 6 Helix) and decide what's best for you. I never missed a KPA-editor, because there are a lot af advantages if you can edit a stand alone-device f.e. on stage. And the most important thing for me is SOUND and the feel of a "real" amp, soundwise and with the possibility to profile every amp on this world the KPA is No. 1 for me, with or without a full editor.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• Basically the KPA is what it is, if you want to edit everything with an editor-software you have to buy a different gear.

If by "the KPA is what it is" you mean the KPA doesn't have an editor. Well, we all know that. That's precisely why we're asking for one.

Complaining about not having a full editor imho is a waste of time,... If there will be one it will be released by the company.

If the company thought feature requests were a waste of time, they wouldn't have set this section up for users to post them.

Just compare the three important digital guitar devices (KPA, Axe-FX, Line 6 Helix) and decide what's best for you. I never missed a KPA-editor, because there are a lot af advantages if you can edit a stand alone-device f.e. on stage. And the most important thing for me is SOUND and the feel of a "real" amp, soundwise and with the possibility to profile every amp on this world the KPA is No. 1 for me, with or without a full editor.

It's already been mentioned numerous times that some people:

1) Don't play live

2) Don't have the KPA situated near them

3) Have bad eye sight

4) Find a mouse and keyboard infinitely more convenient

• This is very admirable, but a USB based editor would be ideal.

I thought I had read long ago, the reason there is no USB editor, is that it may expose the IP, or the proprietary design of the KPA, if an editor were implemented over USB. Is this nonsensical hearsay?

Kemper Powerhead w/remote & Kabinet
    Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

I thought I had read long ago, the reason there is no USB editor, is that it may expose the IP, or the proprietary design of the KPA, if an editor were implemented over USB. Is this nonsensical hearsay?

I suspect that's just a guess by someone, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't true to some degree. As soon as they de-couple the code from the hardware they'll increase the risk of reverse engineering.

Nope, the reason is that Kemper have not implemented MIDI-over-USB (yet...). My guess is that the standard MIDI ports are there for integration with komplex external FX and switching solutions, mainly for live usage.
    Requests have been made that Kemper should also support MIDI-over-USB since many users are using a computer to run backingtracks, lights, mixing and patch changing on their KPA and it would be nice to just use a USB cable instead.
    On the other hand, if I worked at Kemper I would probably not use the MIDI-protocol as the communication method between an editor and the KPA. There should be a dedicated API that could be used over USB/IP/Bluetooth.
    Nothing You can do over USB will "expose their IP" or anything like that. If a competitor wants to try to find out, nothing stops them from buying a KPA and poke around in the OS...

Yes, an USB based editor won’t «expose the IP».