Can we please get some kind of Kemper Editor Software for your computer

• Some people have certain requirements, whether related to price, features or what have you. Saying some users need an editor is absolutely true, however that's not the same as saying the company is obligated to provide one, which they aren't. Wanting is different than needing as it implies a lack of necessity though needing automatically implies wanting.

Insufferable, truly! Semantics so convoluted it's just downright unbearable, I'm done with this man :S

• Insufferable, truly! Semantics so convoluted it's just downright unbearable, I'm done with this man :S

It's of no consequence to me whether you continue replying to my posts, however your unwillingness to recognize the difference in meaning between basic terms like need and want is independent of their having separate definitions which conform to my usage.

• I see his viewpoints as simply being honest and defending a standpoint of opinion that an editor would be very useful, not only for him for him but for many users.

Its not the the point of view he pointed out. It's the way he did .

There is a certain netiqette and a certain style in any forum .
    And it would be clever if a newcomer at first try to become a feeling how is the climate in a society and not start with a critisism based on opinions from another society.

I like the style in this forum mostly in the manner as it is.

And I will not welcome somebody who behave like as it is his home.

• Well it's a pretty common forum behaviour that instead of answering peoples questions they get asked why they would want that in the first place.
    I've seen it a lot of times in all sorts of forums. And it always bogles my mind.
    Why do you even care?

I want an editor. Others want an editor. If you don't want one, or don't need it, good for you. Why does it concern you if I want it?
    I don't understand.

Of course I don't think that we are being "neglected" in any kind by Kemper BUT you have to admit, that this is a heavily asked for feature since the beginning of the KPA. And every modeler I know of has it, so it's far from unreasonable to want one for the Kemper as well.

Just to be clear:
    - Asking for an editor does not mean that people don't like their KPAs
    - normally asked it does not bash the Kemper company or C

But come on, why do we even argue. If I could put my Kemper on it's cabinet beside my desk and controll everything via PC, while I play, it would be A LOT more comfortable for me.
    I don't understand how one could argue against that??

• I don't think that this thread has developed in the way it has because of the request itself tbh.

If users consider an editor is a useful addition to the KPA then it's only right and proper to raise this request so that it can be considered. A post indicating that this would be useful and underlying reasons is enough.

It's then incumbent upon the manufacturer to decide if they want to invest in producing one. They may chose to to do so or not - it's entirely their decision and the decision they make may have an impact on their market position if consumers take the view that without an editor the KPA is less of a viable product in comparison to the competition. Free market economics and all that jazz.

The reason this has become so hotly debated is the way the request was initially phrased and then the perspectives justified on both sides in the unfolding thread. Entrenchment begins, name calling and personal attacks start and we end up here descending into farce.

Si

• I absolutely love how so many of the usual suspects come here and go into the very depths of psychological evaluation of want/need/action/non-action/emotional reaction, etc, etc....

This topic is really simple. Leave it alive for new people to expand on it.

Leave the heavy drivel for some scientific study.

• You most certainly directed your post directly at me, and I quote... "Even if an editor might not make any sense in your eyes". :S

Nope, that is the difference in German and English. Can't prove it though but singular and plural is the same: "your". Sorry again, I did not blame a single person. :)

• I am only speaking for myself here, and not criticizing any fellow Kemper users. I like my KPA a lot for the amp sounds, but I don't use the FX very much due to the lack of an editor (I use a Fractal FX8 with FX8-Edit software).

Anyway, I was just scrolling through the list of feature requests, and I noticed that many of the requests would not be very useful for me, so I was thinking should I go into every thread and say I don't need this feature, please use the development $ for something else that I would use?

Well obviously the answer is no, and I just ignore those threads, while only commenting on the feature requests that would benefit me.

Therefore, I am speculating the reason why this thread has become a little argumentative is due to people commenting on their own conflicting needs, so maybe we should have a separate non-feature request forum for those who want to discuss why they don't need a particular feature? ;)

• I think we should do a poll in this forum. I remember that the community had a much influence in desicion-making regarding the foot controller.

Also a poll like this in this forum might have the needed weight to make CK reconsider his statement regarding an editor :D

• I think we should do a poll in this forum. I remember that the community had a much influence in desicion-making regarding the foot controller.

Also a poll like this in this forum might have the needed weight to make CK reconsider his statement regarding an editor :D

Ah, yes. But CK requested our input on the foot controller. ;)

• It certainly puts this thread in context that 41% of sampled users (Facebook users, who are probably slanted somewhat toward the technically inclined set that would FAVOR wanting an editor), don't care whatsoever about an editor. I would bet that a sampling of total users would bring that percentage to 60%+

• It certainly puts this thread in context that 41% of sampled users (Facebook users, who are probably slanted somewhat toward the technically inclined set that would FAVOR wanting an editor), don't care whatsoever about an editor. I would bet that a sampling of total users would bring that percentage to 60%+

Are you referring to the above poll?