Can we please get some kind of Kemper Editor Software for your computer

• I would bet that a sampling of total users would bring that percentage to 60%+

I think a voting here could even bring a bigger approval for an editor . (60% seems to me still too little guessed)

Furthermore, I think that such a poll is more likely to be taken by those who spend a lot of time in the social media and take it into account when forming their own opinions.

I am sure we will find here quite a large majority of users much desire for an editor. (I count me among them, too)

The sometimes fierce discussion, however, is mostly about whether constant repetition makes sense.
    It goes from the threat of an exit to the alleged knowledge that it is even a matter of survival for Kemper from the point of view of a reasonable market policy.
    Many indisputable advantages of an editor are mentioned.

My position is that it would be nice and good to have an editor. It would make tweaking and managing easier.

I am sure that Kemper takes this wish seriously.
    But I don't think that continuous insisting will bring any change in the planning for the realization by Kemper.

I wouldn't suggest closing this thread, because newbies can read how the discussion is going and therefore don't need to start their own thread.

• Do one if you want, but they already know everyone wants one. This thread is one massive poll with 95% in favour.

For whatever reason they are flat out refusing to entertain the idea with the consumer base, which is think is very, very disappointing.

The Kemper is so easy to use, it sounds amazing, much better than the Helix, Headrush, and on par if not better than the Axe, and the only thing missing is an editor.

• This TGP-poll is imo misleading.Asked I would have answered "I want one"..yet not top priority for me.I guess most of the 17% who answered with wanting a editor feel the same way.

Kemper has one specific "target group" which is the majority of guitar players which of course never used anything else than tube rigs.The editor for almost all of this target group is rather low on their priority list.

Lets face this simple fact.

The competitors obviously have more or less different target groups..no need to mention them here.

Anyway..

Personally I don't believe that this controversy does big harm to the sales numbers and the market share of the KPA.Actually I believe quite the opposite.
    This controversy does only good to Kemper..yet.This could change in the future.

Every guitar player,producer,studio owner I met during the last 33 months I own and play the profiler had the same two "absolute top priority" questions:

a)
    Does the KPA really sound like a tube amp;
    b)
    Does the KPA really feel like a tube amp;

Again..this is the target group.Anything else comes much,much later in the discussions I had.

Third priority is weight & dimension followed by connectivity to FOH/DAW.Then comes the question about FX.I can't even remember anyone asking ever for an editor.All potential customers of the target group see at the first look that the whole UI-concept follows the tube amp approach and this is what this specific target group wants.Biggest problem is the understanding of how the KPA works with FRFR and why there will be more work if the KPA is to be used with guitar cabs.

That's it...

• I think there are rather two big groups of Kemper users.
    One is coming from tube amps and for one it is another digital competitor. Those groups differ in some points and share others.
    Like everybody is looking for "the sound" but one group want one sound to be the best possible and the other looks for a lot of flexibility.

And it also depends on how you use your Kemper. If the main portion of your usage is profiling and reamping, then you don't need a detailed editor. But if you tweak A LOT then it becomes a very very handy tool.
    Again of course it's not like you cannot do without. The Axe-Fx 1 was also programmable without the editor. Of course, otherwise the unit wouldn't make much sense, would it?

But the editing is one aspect of digital gear. And it's made much easier with a pc/mac editor.

• This TGP-poll is imo misleading.Asked I would have answered "I want one"..yet not top priority for me.I guess most of the 17% who answered with wanting a editor feel the same way.

What's misleading about it? I offered 6 different choices to represent varying levels of desire, from "I don't want one" to "I wouldn't buy the KPA without one", so there are options for every user. TGP represents a far more diverse group and is thus a more varied representative sample than simply those who hang out at studios or gig for a living.

Kemper has one specific "target group" which is the majority of guitar players which of course never used anything else than tube rigs.

There are myriad users that don't own a tube amp and have switched from a competing modeler. There are also many Kemper users who've never owned a tube amp or who have very limited experience with them. It's irrelevant whether you tend to hang out with or run into people who own a Kemper and primarily use tube amps. I haven't seen any statistics which suggest they represent the average KPA user.

• Regardless if you feel and editor is needed or not, it is an addition, not a subtraction. Since it is not a subtraction, all the naysayers lose nothing. Since nothing changes for them, why they are here is a mystery in the first place.

You show up to announce you don’t need one when you lose nothing?? Why else then are you here?

To defend Kemper? For what reason? They have never announced anything. I’m sure they can decide what they want to do without you distracting their other customers.

I have found on other places like Axe FX forums and the like, people there do the same thing. What is this forum psychosis?

To say no to any addition is ridiculous, since all would use it in the end. Why not stop beating a dead horse and let the new people comment as they please?

• Yeah, but those two polls are COMPLETELY different. The 2nd is basically asking if an editor would be: useful, don't care, or useless. Of course most people are going to respond affirmatively.

Can you think of any examples in which someone would consider an editor important but not useful or vice versa?

• I think there are rather two big groups of Kemper users.
    One is coming from tube amps and for one it is another digital competitor. Those groups differ in some points and share others.
    Like everybody is looking for "the sound" but one group want one sound to be the best possible and the other looks for a lot of flflexibility

There are indications which group Kemper as company prefer.I should not say this but for me it has become obvious.

Honestly..some guys complaining about @CK not communicating but in my ( and let me be very clear about this) very personal opinion Kemper has already answered.Not only about the editor but also about which of the "two groups" he likes to serve.

Could be wrong,could be that I will be banned for this comment because indeed I don't have the right to speak for another person but this is my opinion.

greetings

• Can you think of any examples in which someone would consider an editor important but not useful or vice versa?

Yup... me.

I would really love to have an editor and I think there are circumstances where it might be super useful in organizing profiles and performances, testing IRs, etc... but I don't actually need one with the KPA. I think that's one of the KPAs claim to fame, is that you don't need an editor to dive in and use it.

In fact, I suggested a while back that Kemper might actually consider it a failure if they were to admit that you needed an editor to make full use of the KPA.

• the only reason i see for people refraining from using the community editor together with rig manager is that you need to have a midi interface and cables,

an official editor is only good if it can be implemented over usb... the community editor is great and very good looking...

• Importance doesn't automatically equate to need or necessity. In fact, there are many things that may be important but unnecessary. Listening to music, for example.