Can we please get some kind of Kemper Editor Software for your computer

• the only reason i see for people refraining from using the community editor together with rig manager is that you need to have a midi interface and cables,

an official editor is only good if it can be implemented over usb... the community editor is great and very good looking...

This isn't directed just at you @szykman but to all who decides to use that software. The laws of common sense should dictate that you do so at your own risk!

Kemper shouldn't be held responsible if you mess up your systems or pay for the bandwidth or repairs when you have issues and come back here/to them, looking for help!

I set up my studio in such a way as to be able to tweak easily. It took a whole day but it was worth it. Other's may not have that luxury, but you'd be amazed at what you can do if really put your mind to it :thumbup:

• This isn't directed just at you @szykman but to all who decides to use that software. The laws of common sense should dictate that you do so at your own risk!
    Kemper shouldn't be held responsible if you mess up your systems or pay for the bandwidth or repairs when you have issues and come back here/to them, looking for help!

I set up my studio in such a way as to be able to tweak easily. It took a whole day but it was worth it. Other's may not have that luxury, but you'd be amazed at what you can do if really put your mind to it :thumbup:

Whilst I see your point you may want to also show some thanks to the people for THEIR huge effort in creating an editor for you and everyone else in your post.

They have done a tremendous service and what I would call true community spirit at the highest level.

You've given them a slap now give them some credit too.

• Whilst I see your point you may want to also show some thanks to the people for THEIR huge effort in creating an editor for you and everyone else in your post.
    They have done a tremendous service and what I would call true community spirit at the highest level.

You've given them a slap now give them some credit too.

Already did, but you'd know that already if you looked around, read and kept up! I do appreciate their efforts which is exactly why I bought them a beer, regardless of whether or not I use it.

You might want to do your homework before you decide to call out members on their opinions. I offer help and thanks constantly, don't appreciate your post man :cursing:

• Already did, but you'd know that already if you looked around, read and kept up! I do appreciate their efforts which is exactly why I bought them a beer, regardless of whether or not I use it.
    You might want to do your homework before you decide to call out members on their opinions. I offer help and thanks constantly, don't appreciate your post man :cursing:

Your vicious tone hasn't fallen on deaf ears so mind your manners.

I don't need to 'keep up' as you SHOULD be consistent and clear in each post regarding your position on this subject. My post supports this request.

In closing, I'm not your librarian.

• Your vicious tone hasn't fallen on deaf ears so mind your manners.
    I don't need to 'keep up' as you SHOULD be consistent and clear in each post regarding your position on this subject. My post supports this request.

In closing, I'm not your librarian.

That's hilarious and hypocritical at the same time as your post was quite rude. I was pointing out the obvious. An official editor would be appreciated, all around, which now I've said again. If you use the unofficial one and it works for you, your call, nuff said!

• That's hilarious and hypocritical at the same time as your post was quite rude. I was pointing out the obvious. An official editor would be appreciated, all around, which now I've said again. If you use the unofficial one and it works for you, your call, nuff said!

In simple terms for you - Grow up and put some actual effort into clear communication when posting.

• @Man_With_Gas one of the hardest truths you need to learn as an "ADULT" is when to admit you're wrong, and apologize. You spouted off without giving me the benefit of the doubt and for that I responded in kind!!! I'm done with this nonsense. It's the same guys over and over and over and over and over... I'll be sure to enjoy my Kemper everyday, and continue to help others if I can, no matter what - cya!

• @Man_With_Gas one of the hardest truths you need to learn as an "ADULT" is when to admit you're wrong, and apologize. You spouted off without giving me the benefit of the doubt and for that I responded in kind!!! I'm done with this nonsense. It's the same guys over and over and over and over and over... I'll be sure to enjoy my Kemper everyday, and continue to help others if I can, no matter what - cya!

I can see you have problems with many others by your posting. If you're saying see you to all I think that's best for you. Good luck.

• Back on topic: the editor is pure midi communication and is only able to change hardware accessible parameters of the Kemper. The only thing you might ‘screw up’ are your stored rigs, input and output parameters. The editor WILL NOT damage your Kemper since it only mimics hardware interaction by software, which is a blessing.

One more thing: if the Kemper was only an Amp Profiler, an editor would indeed be overkill since in that respect the hardware interface is just perfect. But this amazing Tone Machine has evolved into a full blown Studio, Live and Effects unit where the hardware interface still offers plenty control but in a very tedious way... in that respect the unofficial editor covers this in spades, especially the tweaking of effects and the newly added lock states...

Cheers!

• I pay this thread a visit roughly every 3-4 months only to see that the arguments continue to be the same.
    In the meantime I use my Kemper.

Being a guy, who has been on the developer side at some point in his business life, I still believe it is primarily a question of resources - which means time or money or both.

We do know nothing about the actual projects and we have no idea, what resources are currently available to the mothership. Because of that we also have no clue about any prioritisation of programming topics at all.

I understand that many people feel, they would benefit greatly from an editor, but the dilemma still is, that certain "whished for" functions or features still aren't implemented (like the spdif clock speeds were and the improved reverbs), while the editor - as handy as it would be - is not mandatory to use all the effects, that are already there.

There is one other aspect, that gets completely lost: You guys are talking about a device that was "published/released" 6 years ago. I have never ever in my life experienced a lifespan of continued software updates and feature implementations like that for free.
    Most companies sell faulty products and let you pay to fix them - they call it support fee.

This is amazing and I'd like everyone to revisit all the changes, new features, implementations of user ideas, that Kemper has put in over the years for free, before they fall back into the complaining mode and how unprofessional it is , that the unit still doesn't ship with a software editor for the built in effects.

If the editor come - I will be happy. If not - I will be happy too.

Enjoy the weekend. cheers!

90% of the game is half-mental.

• I’ve never seen a simple feature request bring out so many emotionally charged soul searching posts.

It is such a mighty request, it has its own gravitational pull. It pulls in not only targeted players, but unaffected players, post bombers, and visitors from outer topic!

The magnitude of this request is so impacting, there is a scientific study in place with devoted experts working 24/7 on the psychological and societal consequences to the music community worldwide!

The aftershocks of its initial creation has actually driven players who have zero need or interest for such a feature feel absolutely compelled to journey here and announce / remind the whole forum that they personally have no need for this particular feature request.

The power of this one simple request has even breached the very Kemper forum itself! Traveling far far away into distant alien forums!

This must be... The Armageddon request...

• You...

I like you :D

• I’ve never seen a simple feature request bring out so many emotionally charged soul searching posts...

There are many studies that show that most consumers make purchasing decisions based on emotions first and later they justify the purchase by rationalizing it.

Everyone knows that an editor is a huge omission, but many will feel the need to rationalize and defend their purchasing decision by minimizing the importance of an editor.

• while the editor - as handy as it would be - is not mandatory to use all the effects, that are already there.

Is Rig Manager mandatory in order to use all of the profiles in the KPA?

There is one other aspect, that gets completely lost: You guys are talking about a device that was "published/released" 6 years ago. I have never ever in my life experienced a lifespan of continued software updates and feature implementations like that for free.

Fractal Audio supported the Axe FX II Mark I and II for over 6 years, even providing frequent and free updates years after they were discontinued.

• There is one other aspect, that gets completely lost: You guys are talking about a device that was "published/released" 6 years ago. I have never ever in my life experienced a lifespan of continued software updates and feature implementations like that for free.Most companies sell faulty products and let you pay to fix them - they call it support fee.

I would point out to you that most of the competitors have replaced their flagship product within this time period. The KPA works great and doesn't need a HW refresh. However if Kemper stopped doing bug fixes and adding features then once word got about it would surely heavily impact sales to new customers. Kemper aren't working on updates out of the goodness of their hearts only.

• Back on topic: the editor is pure midi communication and is only able to change hardware accessible parameters of the Kemper. The only thing you might ‘screw up’ are your stored rigs, input and output parameters. The editor WILL NOT damage your Kemper since it only mimics hardware interaction by software, which is a blessing.

One more thing: if the Kemper was only an Amp Profiler, an editor would indeed be overkill since in that respect the hardware interface is just perfect. But this amazing Tone Machine has evolved into a full blown Studio, Live and Effects unit where the hardware interface still offers plenty control but in a very tedious way... in that respect the unofficial editor covers this in spades, especially the tweaking of effects and the newly added lock states...

Cheers!

Fair enough, thanks for the clarification.

Cheers :thumbup: