Can we please get some kind of Kemper Editor Software for your computer

• ... or the headphone and input jacks' being oppositely-located to where one would usually expect them to be.

... or the front USB input's being upside-down.

Classic stuff, but I see these things as helping to set the unit apart from the rest of the field; it's Kemper's way, just like its unique Profiling method. 8o

• Naa... I cracked the code many years ago, Shawn. This applies to the bit you're plugging in, be it a cable, USB stick or whatever:

Point the open end of the connector towards your face. The half that's filled with plastic needs to be on the bottom. Easy, peasy. Exceptions to this standard are rare... and Kemper happens to be one of them.

• Naa... I cracked the code many years ago, Shawn. This applies to the bit you're plugging in, be it a cable, USB stick or whatever:

Point the open end of the connector towards your face. The half that's filled with plastic needs to be on the bottom. Easy, peasy. Exceptions to this standard are rare... and Kemper happens to be one of them.

Still not a 100% method.
    USB connector design (except type C) is fail.
    Only 100% working method is this:

[Blocked Image: https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--kNzPmMaI--/c_fit,f_auto,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/18ixbwhjud1zxjpg.jpg]

• It's all about dollars and sense and that isn't cynical by any means (which could mean it is :D ).

Its not cynical, its fact. They are not a charity so I would expect it to be about dollars..

The problem is how much value to attached to a editor. The community seem very split on its necessity so no point dwelling on that.

I think if they use the approach they have for the interface on the unit which I think is very logical, it should be pretty good.

Rig manager isn't horrendous, but its a bit glitchy and only offers part functionality. I want to be able to more easily access the relevent parameters as its easier to make multiple changes on a computer screen than on the unit.

I'd like ( somehow) for them to include remote set up as well - so assigning the buttons with effects...it would save me having to get the remote out every time I want to make changes :).

• Rig manager isn't horrendous, but its a bit glitchy and only offers part functionality.

RM was an important introduction when the number of available profiles became too much larger for the KPA itself to store.
    I am convinced that the victory march would have been stopped quickly if the RM hadn't come.

I am also convinced that Mothership is aware that without preset and cab management and an aditor a further spread of the Kemper will be slowed down. Even if they don't communicate it to us.

Competitors are catching up in sound quality, so the myth of having the best sound is no longer sufficient or credible for many potential customers.
    Outside the communication bubble of the Kemperforum, the sound quality advantage is already heavily questioned.

• It's not a feature request, it's giving users the features you should have done from the start. If you don't think you have the R&D budget to do it yourself and or absorb the cost in unit price, I'll write it myself, market it and probably make a nice profit.

• I'd go further and suggest that removing the interface completely and switching to a software based interface (panel-less KPA) would massively lower manufacturing/retail cost per unit and exploit the studio/professional market much more effectively. You could still market the panel-based solution to the hobbyist market but, you're missing a trick restricting productivity to a hobbyist level of interface.

• I've got a whole bin file to work with. Shouldn't be too hard. Took me a couple of years to re-write the Saab Trionic ECU but, that was because a lot was in broken Swedish variable declarations. Guessing a lot of this is going to be in broken German. If a company refuses to produce the productivity tools its user base asks for it is only for one of three reasons; 1: It doesn't have the skills in-house to produce beyond hobbyist (investment). 2: It doesn't think the cost would be of benefit, even though selling such a solution to existing or new users would add value to the offering in the marketplace and increase profitability (incompetent leadership) 3: It doesn't think that such a solution is necessary because people will just make do with what they're given (arrogance in a competitive market... see incompetent leadership).

• You sound really smart. You should have invented guitar amp profiling several years ago and created an internationally acclaimed profiling amp. But... you didn't.

When you do make your own, make sure you create a thriving forum too, so we can rip your design ideas to pieces on the Internet.

• I have to say, that while I respect others' desire for a software editor, one of the MAJOR advantages for me of the KPA over much of the competition is the easy to use physical editing interface. It definitely isn't a case of pros need software and "hobbyists" are fine with hardware. The current hardware version is an efficient workflow for the kind of on the fly tweaks you often need to make on stage or in the studio.

I wouldn't complain about a software editor but I would be seriously pissed if I didn't have access to the current interface.