Can we please get some kind of Kemper Editor Software for your computer

• I've got a whole bin file to work with. Shouldn't be too hard. Took me a couple of years to re-write the Saab Trionic ECU but, that was because a lot was in broken Swedish variable declarations. Guessing a lot of this is going to be in broken German. If a company refuses to produce the productivity tools its user base asks for it is only for one of three reasons; 1: It doesn't have the skills in-house to produce beyond hobbyist (investment). 2: It doesn't think the cost would be of benefit, even though selling such a solution to existing or new users would add value to the offering in the marketplace and increase profitability (incompetent leadership) 3: It doesn't think that such a solution is necessary because people will just make do with what they're given (arrogance in a competitive market... see incompetent leadership).

So when owned(or still own?)tube amp, did you post on Marshall, Fender, Peavy, MB or whatever, on their forum(s) and complained there's no software editor? Or did you build your own amp with software editor? :D Sorry I can't help it. I mean what's the fuzz about an editor or not? Play your Kemper an be happy and use the energy to compose rather than wasting negative energy like it's a matter of life and death if there's no editor? I don't understand all the fuss about it. Life's to short anyway.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I've got a whole bin file to work with. Shouldn't be too hard. Took me a couple of years to re-write the Saab Trionic ECU but, that was because a lot was in broken Swedish variable declarations. Guessing a lot of this is going to be in broken German. If a company refuses to produce the productivity tools its user base asks for it is only for one of three reasons; 1: It doesn't have the skills in-house to produce beyond hobbyist (investment). 2: It doesn't think the cost would be of benefit, even though selling such a solution to existing or new users would add value to the offering in the marketplace and increase profitability (incompetent leadership) 3: It doesn't think that such a solution is necessary because people will just make do with what they're given (arrogance in a competitive market... see incompetent leadership).

This is for the couple of guys who've jumped on Audiocorps.

The guy serves up a constructive argument and takes no swipe or issue with you guys and you pounce on him, why?

Your time would be better served allowing somebody else a constructive opinion and you playing your Kemper.

You haven't been called to arms so WHY all the negativity against somebody 'sharing' their views and not addressing you in any way. At the end of the day should Audiocorps do as he said he may do YOU will be a beneficiary.

Hopefully you appreciate your response and offer up an apology to Audiocorps.

• So when owned(or still own?)tube amp, did you post on Marshall, Fender, Peavy, MB or whatever, on their forum(s) and complained there's no software editor? Or did you build your own amp with software editor? :D Sorry I can't help it. I mean what's the fuzz about an editor or not? Play your Kemper an be happy and use the energy to compose rather than wasting negative energy like it's a matter of life and death if there's no editor? I don't understand all the fuss about it. Life's to short anyway.

Well mr GearJocke, one can't really compare a full blown studio solution like our beloved Kemper (FX, controls, morph, synth, transpose, ir-loading,.... the works!) with something as straight forward as a (tube) amp now can we?
    Please stop making up lame excuses for Kemper to not provide an editor my friend, that's just plain sad and you know it... But you have a point: with or without the editor the Kemper is just heaven, the editor would be the icing on the cake and we all love some icing now and then, agreed?

Kind Regards
    Tijl

U mean Apple!!!...... sry had to =O

Wow...just wow. This post is rather obnoxious, and unfairly insulting to Kemper GmbH, in my humble opinion. It is possible to be a courteous advocate for an official KPA Editor, without throwing out negative insinuations and thinly veiled calumnies...on their 3rd post as a new forum member, no less.

I am going to ignore the tone of your comment, and suggest to others that they do as well.

As to the content of your comment, an editor exists. It is called "Toast ME". If you download it, you can use it for free. Sounds pretty good eh?

FYI, software is not written in a language that needs to be translated. It is written in code like C++, Java, etc, etc.

Today, ECU programming is almost exclusively performed in C. Back in the years the Trionic ECU was in its hey-day, it was common to use ladder logic and assembly. The 68332 that powered that ECU had an address space of 1Mb.

Now, if you are comparing that coding experience with a modern programming language (I have done both extensively), I would argue that you are grossly underestimating the work effort required for a good editor to be created.

FYI, software is not written in a language that needs to be translated

Software is not written in a language, but back in the day, adding non-code comments to tell whomever came after you to update the code what you were doing and why (whether that was your or someone else) was standard practice in my day. Not to mention naming variables was always something that played havoc if you didn't have naming conventions, not to mention two coders spoke different languages (granted I don't code any more). My guess is that is what he was referring to, so no need to have a clash of the coding egos and playing 'whose coding pe-nis is bigger', is there?

• Software is not written in a language, but back in the day, adding non-code comments to tell whomever came after you to update the code what you were doing and why (whether that was your or someone else) was standard practice in my day. Not to mention naming variables was always something that played havoc if you didn't have naming conventions, not to mention two coders spoke different languages (granted I don't code any more). My guess is that is what he was referring to, so no need to have a clash of the coding egos and playing 'whose coding pe-nis is bigger', is there?

Thanks for the laugh ;)

Yea, if you did any assembly or ladder logic work, then about the only way to decipher what was going on was the comments in the code .... assuming that someone had bothered to properly comment it of course.

What was true now, and has always been true, is that any coder looking at another coders software will immediately determine that it can't be fixed and must be entirely re-written.

Since flyingheelhook appeared to be using his coding pe-nis size to use as evidence that the Kemper software team should have an easy task to do a full featured editor, I felt it was fair game to point out that he was not the only phallic expert on the forum and that his specific phallic experiences were not necessary equivalent to those required for the current subject matter we are discussing. In less cryptic (and phallic) terms, I thought he was underestimating the difficulty of the task greatly.

In general, I refrain from criticizing other engineering groups. It just seems unprofessional.

You rarely hear one guitar player rip on another guitar players talent ..... at least it has been rare for me (and I have been around guitar players for a very long time). Again, it is just good etiquette for one professional to be polite to another professional.

While I am at it, please note that while the new editor Toast ME is a fantastic product, now there are people complaining about it as well. Different adapters don't work, this OS is supported, but this one is not, my computer does XYZ when I run it, etc, etc, etc.

Kemper can't afford to release a product which does any of these things. They must assume that such an editor will be used while performing and that any combination of front controls, foot controlls, or editor controls may come in simultaneously to their device. From an FMEA standpoint, this is a real PITA to do right.

To the Kemper software team ..... you guys do great work. Don't let anyone tell you different.

• Don reminded some of you a week ago to stay on topic. And it appears that some of you just prefer to ignore this. I'll issue one warning point each now to the ones in question. If you're in doubt about the topic, look at the headline of this thread please.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• I don't want to sound offensive but if you really look close at the headline of this thread then you and ck are the only ones who can write something here that is perfectly on topic. You know the answer to the question, we don't.

Regular users can only contribute speculations, chat about company politics and add a tube amp comparison once in a while. This is not a bad thing but discussing something without having a chance to find an answer to the original question of the discussion will lead into off topic talk by nature. That's how forums work since the ancient world.

However, after 38 months, 76 pages, 1517 posts and over 150,000 views everything that is even remotely related to the topic has been said many times by many users in this thread (even the off topic stuff) without getting anywhere. Maybe it's time to make a cut.

If you don't want to answer the question in the thread title then please close this thread and make it sticky so everyone will see it. Add a note to the first post that further discussions about this topic are prohibited on this forum.

This seems to be an important topic for many people and they will most likely still open new threads with the same question again and again. If they do then please calm down, count to ten and close these threads as well without much circumstance. Maybe it's a good idea to append these threads to this one to keep things tidy and clean.

This way you can keep the status quo of the editor case and you don't have to threaten your most loyal users with warnings and bans over and over again.

• ...after 38 months, 76 pages, 1517 posts and over 150,000 views everything that is even remotely related to the topic has been said many times by many users in this thread (even the off topic stuff) without getting anywhere. Maybe it's time to make a cut.

100%

Keeping this thread alive only breeds speculation, as a Kemper lover it's pretty embarrassing how it's being dealt with. Kemper just need to say Yes, No or Maybe and lock the thread.