Room Mic Profiles?

• So I was just falling asleep last night, thinking about my Kemper, as you do... and anyway thought of something that could be interesting.
    As we know, some people prefer the natural live guitar cab sound to the close mic'd sound. (I too am one of those people).

So I was thinking, would it be possible to, instead of close miking a speaker, create profiles using high quality room mics to replicate the more natural live sound?
    Would this work? Has any one tried it? Are there any profiles out there?

P.s. I know you can direct profile and play through a power-amp/cab, but this would still be a cool addition for studio guys listening through monitors...etc.

• OTOH, since a close-mic'ed cab will never sound like you'd hear a cab to sound in a room, a far-mic'ed cab taken through a test mic which doesn't include room's early reflection, is the only way to have the profile (played through a very linear audio system) to sound like the amp in the room.
    You should not worry about the room's ambience, the room where you play the profile will add... itself already.
    Jay Mitchell has explained this process in details on TGP.

HTH :)