3.0.2 Matchless / Ceriatone DC 30 …… 3.0.2 Direct / Merged Profiles ….. %99.99 sure I finally did it !!!!

• …… I’m not saying %100 yet only because my Matrix SS Amp is out on loan to a good friend for a couple of days

These (2) x 3.0.2 Merged DC30 profiles were done with “ No Cabinet “ selected during profiling and no refining …. my real cab was connected but not profiled …. as such these are pure Direct post-power-amp-pre-speaker profiles …… I just merged them with an existing proper known Merged Cab from another proper Merged Profile [ Deadlight Studios ]

So …… in short, you can

- Turn Cab OFF and run these into your power amp and real-cab

or

- Leave the Cab ON -or- change the Cab to another proper merged cab and use it in studio / FRFR

As I don’t have my Matrix SS amp at the moment, I have checked and A/B’d these 2 profiles to known working [utterly brilliant] Merged Profiles from Deadlight Studios using my studio Sennheisers and AKG’s and they both sound awsome

So ……. they are in the Rig Exchjange – just search for YES ! DC30 ….. I couldn’t resist using the “ ! “ exclamation mark in the name given the number of times this didn’t work with prior FW’s :)

Important Tone Notes:-

These are "modern" very-rock P90-driven full blown cranked EL84 tones …… this is the actual amp and the actual settings used – Master was set to around 11.30am – High Input only used for each Channel

[Blocked Image: http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p482/gtrotunno/DZ30_zpsb7dlhwzh.jpg]

=> CH 1 12 AX7 is a very-broken-very-crunchy-clean sound which cleans up very well with your guitar volume rolled back

-and-

=> CH 2 EF 86 is a much darker very-crunchy-more-hard-rock-dirty sound great for rock / hard-rock rhythm / chunka-chunka.

DC 30 / DZ 30 EL 84 amps are all about the mid-range-grunt and chime ....... these aren't scooped Recto's / Marshall heavy-rock / metal'ish tones ..... so ..... if you want a nice polite / clean DC 30 and don't like grunty mid's in your tones ....... please look elsewhere :)

Both these sounds are very deliberately gritty / nasty as the DC 30 is a very *grunty-middy-chimey amp by deliberate design ..... remembering that its essentially a very souped-up / very hotted-up AC 30

Note re: EFX
    :-

-> each profile has a “ Bypass @ Stop Wah “ – no tonal impact unless used

-> “ Pure Boost” on each power-stage is only for matching levels between rigs on my Kemper – no tonal effect - adjust as needed

-> EQ on CH 1 is for a bit of extra mid-range crank – adjust to taste on/off etc....

-> EQ 1 on CH 2 is solely to remove the darker / flubbier / un-musical low end that occurs when you really crank an EF86 – they get darker and flubbier as you crank them - it just removes the cluttery low-end flub which is present in exactly the same way in the real amp - I would suggest leaving this EQ 1 on CH 2 ON all the time - even with it on, the actual guitar tone is unaffected - of course though, as always, you may like this lower end rumble , so adjust to taste

-> EQ 2 on CH2 is for a bit of a mid-range crank – adjust to taste

If you try them either with a real amp + real cab [ Cab OFF ] -or- FRFR [ Cab ON ] -or- in a Studio / Recording environment [ Cab ON ] please post back and let me know how you go.

Thanks again to everyone for all their help and especially to Kemper for [with %99.99 confidence from my end] fixing this issue in 3.0.2.

Ben

Edited 6 times, last by benifin ().

• Well done on cracking it !!!! I'm looking forward to trying these with my cab and power amp :thumbup:

Awesome ..... please post back and let me know how you go with your amp and real cab :) Please remember these are very cranky / gritty / dirty profiles :) :)

• Thanks paults - done - great suggestion

My original " cant be done " thread on this issue has now been updated with " SOLVED " in the thread title, and I have also put the Hyperlink to this thread in its first post and dated the "solve" with todays date so hopefully anyone seeing it will find the fixed direct profiles in this thread quickly and easily.

All the best,
    Ben

• Thanks a lot Benifin, especially 1 is a good tone.

For 2, not sure. I'm wondering what's going on... at least in my system, it's a very distorted sound although the gain is quite low, even if I turn off all effects. Never bumped into a rig like this before.

BTW, the Volume of the Amp section is very high in both rigs. Why did you choose to set it like this?

• Thanks a lot Benifin, especially 1 is a good tone.

For 2, not sure. I'm wondering what's going on... at least in my system, it's a very distorted sound although the gain is quite low, even if I turn off all effects. Never bumped into a rig like this before.

BTW, the Volume of the Amp section is very high in both rigs. Why did you choose to set it like this?

Hey thanks for reporting back

Amp section volume is so high because with the Behringer Ultra G G100 DI, I had to use the -40db setting and even then the profiling level had to be kept low to stay in the green-to-amber range in the KPA.... so I bumped up the amp for volume-matching purposes relative to other rigs in my Kemper.

CH 2 is the EF86 channel which is a very dark and easily overdriven tube ......plus the profiling was done with the AMP very loud - Master on 11.30am is not far off fully cranked so the profile contains a lot of Power Amp Stage [ EL84] saturation as well as the Pre-Amp distortion [ EF86 ] ..... yet another reason for the darkness and drive/gain of the CH2 tone.

Are you running the profiles in to a SS amp and a real-guitar cab with Cab OFF (?) -or- in to an FRFR setup with Cab ON ?

Ben

• Are you running the profiles in to a SS amp and a real-guitar cab with Cab OFF (?) -or- in to an FRFR setup with Cab ON ?

Tried both (Kemper PowerHead as the SS amp).

The strange thing is the gain value that shows a low value compared to the actual level of distortion. Probably something to do with the levels of your DI box.