KPAEditor Community Project(vst, standalone, win, mac , linux ) - based on http://ctrlr.org/ .

• Most midi cables and midi audio interfaces and soundcards should work

there is a problem with cheap chinese cables already mentioned for receiving data from kemper into your computer

and there is also a windows 7 driver problem (i saw reports of windows 7 users that did not have the alesis, m-audio, tascan and other good soundcards drivers working...)

if it is plug and play there is a chance of NOT working on windows 7

if your windows 7 system is up-to-date with the later motherboard drivers then there is a chance of not having such problems... mine has a conflit between acer onboard web cam and the usb midi driver...

i am thinking on bailing windows 7 and reinstalling my system... sad...

• Yes indeed, very sad. I must say that i run Windows 10 and my friend with the midi mate runs windows 10 as well.

• I use 32-bit Win7 with an M-Audio Fasttrack Pro with no midi problems.

• V 1.20 is out!

• Fixed BUG with Fast Track Pro
    • Changed lock icons
    • New !CAB! and !AMP! inverse lock

The Inverse Locks are just fantastic. I am now able to select my favorite e.g. lead rig and swap just the amp on the fly! Or, you can select your favorite direct amp/studio profile, click the Cab Inverse lock and peruse through your rig library for trying out different cabs! Just great

I will create a video on the new Lock States so everyone will be convinced that WE NEED AN EDITOR! For crying out loud.[Blocked Image: https://static.xx.fbcdn.net/im…php/v9/f57/1/16/1f609.png];)

Links:

Thread on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/group…rmalink/1717834381570596/

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?…5-u6Y7-_obnDrqXFiq2hYAuUn

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

[Blocked Image: https://scontent-bru2-1.xx.fbc…9354a553b8dd3&oe=5B698C43]

Edited once, last by tijlcarrein: Added link to Video ().

• The editor always changes the parameters by itself and deletes the effects out of the effect block.
    Does anybody else has/had this problem?

EDIT:
    Nevermind, i deselected my interface from the "Controller" in the MIDI settings and now it works fine.

Edited once, last by momos11 ().

• Hm can't seem to get the inverse lock buttons to do anything. Was expecting everything but the cab to get locked, however the button just flashes and nothing else happens. Everything else seem to work well (midisport interface).

Anybody seeing this?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Hm can't seem to get the inverse lock buttons to do anything. Was expecting everything but the cab to get locked, however the button just flashes and nothing else happens. Everything else seem to work well (midisport interface).

Anybody seeing this?

This was a bug and has been taken care off by Damian. I've uploaded the new version to the drive, so try to download again.

• Wow, this will be really handy to have - I requested for it, because this will simplify trying new cabs so much! I have to install your editor :)
    Thank you.

It's not "my editor", it's created by Damian Greda ;-). I'm just trying to spread to everyone how convenient the editor is in combo with the rig manager.

• Man, this is really greatful.
    Just dived in and got it working. SOOO COOOL!!!

BIG THANX to Damian, Guy and all you others...

I have just started to read the whole Thread to get my question answered, but this Thread is soo long now, and I am not understanding everything (english is not my native language), so I just wanted to ask here: since the KPA EDITOR on the MIDI TAB says PLUGIN OPTIONS (but all greyed out) and the Thread name is VST, Standalone... -are there any extensions to run this amazing software as a PlugIn???
    Would be cool, to make some changes and "Snap" them with ClyphX in ableton...

• This was a bug and has been taken care off by Damian. I've uploaded the new version to the drive, so try to download again.

Great - works now. Thanks!

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Hi.
    Would like to connect the Editor with my Kemper via Midi/USB.
    The editor finds the USB Uno Midi Interface, but it doesn't show anything of the Kemper.
    Are there any secrets I have to think of?

• Hi.
    Would like to connect the Editor with my Kemper via Midi/USB.
    The editor finds the USB Uno Midi Interface, but it doesn't show anything of the Kemper.
    Are there any secrets I have to think of?

Hi,

Maybe it can help :

=> Do you check the midi settings on the kemper itself? (menu : "settings" -> page "midi" and choose "channel 1")
    You need to use Channel 1 only on both : Application Editor AND Kemper midi settings parameters.

• I would like to thanks tijlacarrein and Damian for their exceptional works on this tool!

I really appreciate this Editor !
    Combined with Rig Manager, it's all I'm waiting for to make the Kemper more user friendly!

Thanks a lot! ...may the force be with you!

• Hi,

Maybe it can help :

=> Do you check the midi settings on the kemper itself? (menu : "settings" -> page "midi" and choose "channel 1")
    You need to use Channel 1 only on both : Application Editor AND Kemper midi settings parameters.

Channel 1 is already set, of course!
    No communication between Midi device and Kemper.