KPAEditor Community Project(vst, standalone, win, mac , linux ) - based on http://ctrlr.org/ .

• I guess if he had of posted a disclaimer "this may be dangerous or unstable so enter at your own risk" he probably would of kept the mother ship happy.

Did his info end up being damaging to the unit? NOPE... I dont think so, so i agree TO BE FAIR give the guy a chance and just put a disclaimer on the info (reason be was banned was he was told to stop posting stuff that could damage the KPA and kept posting what was construed as damaging or dangerous info). Funny how it seems to be working, just saying.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• The KPA editor will always have a place at studios since it can run in any plataform MAC, Win, and it is also compatible with old Win XP, Win Vista machines

a new and official over usb editor will not work on these old systems, also KPA editor is very light and fast to use, very good looking...

• Quite liking the way the “Toast Me” works, especially the !cab! option (even though I know the risks the software “could” damage the kemper), being able to quickly change rigs and try different cab options is invaluable to selecting different tones quickly.

I would like to be able to pull out all cabs from all my profiles on the kemper and in the rig manager and put to a separate folder so it makes this process even easier. If anyone knows how to do that I would appreciate a heads up. Alternatively if someone could write a routine to do this that would be great too..

In the absence of an official editor I’m afraid CK will have to accept there will be third party attempts as users are crying out for this option.

The interface is great on the kemper but a software would just enhance the product into another level.

• After some days of playing around, I can say that this editor is very practical and can solve operatingproblems of a somewhat distanced Kemper very elegantly.
    We can only hope that the mother ship will improve the cab- and preset management in a satisfactory way in the foreseeable future.

One thing is already clear to me , of course. A professional editor via the USB interface with CAB and preset management (including storage on PC) from Kemper will remain high on my wish list.
    But as a temporary improvement of the service when tweaking it was already worth a few beers to me.

BTW: chapeau for the programming work :thumbup:

• Guys, I think there is very little danger of the Kemper being damaged by this software. After all, it is only sending and receiving NRPNs. No more dangerous than sending commands from a midi floorboard with bi-directional communication with the Kemper.

• I installed ToastME 1.33 on my Mac a few days ago. It works fine until now. To be honest, I'm surprised that you can achieve so much via MIDI. And you know what, I don't think it is more dangerous for the KPA than my FCB1010 with the EurekaPROM.

Thanks Damian, you did a great job. Hats off!

Edited once, last by macbor ().

• The kemper interface is very good and the unit is far easier to use than the Axe fx...for me at least. But i can imagine as a beginner coming home and use the kemper it takes a while to get to know the unit. There i Think this software can be very helpful. Most people today are very familiar with computers and software and will surely like the this software i guess

• After some days of playing around, I can say that this editor is very practical and can solve operatingproblems of a somewhat distanced Kemper very elegantly.
    We can only hope that the mother ship will improve the cab- and preset management in a satisfactory way in the foreseeable future.

One thing is already clear to me , of course. A professional editor via the USB interface with CAB and preset management (including storage on PC) from Kemper will remain high on my wish list.
    But as a temporary improvement of the service when tweaking it was already worth a few beers to me.

BTW: chapeau for the programming work :thumbup:

Sharry, does it offer ANY help in the areas of cab and preset management?

• there is also the robotalk feature, i don't know if it is available inside the wah or it is an extra algoritim, maybe can be improved or controlled as in a daw, or controlled by the pedal...

• Sharry, does it offer ANY help in the areas of cab and preset management?

No this is not possible. !
    You can edit values directly and view them on a clear screen.

Rigs, presets and cabs cannot be saved.
    I suspect it is not possible to read or change memory contents of the Kemper via MIDI.

The editor emulates the operation of the Kemper via a MIDI interface created and documented by Kemper.
    It does not interfere with the functionality of the KPA, so I think the statement that the use of this editor is not dangerous for the KPA as very credible.

We have to wait till Kemper offer a preset management :/

• This seems like an excellent answer to something that people have been asking for.

Has someone had their equipment damaged by this? Is that why he got banned?

I've been using the Toast ME editor for quite some time now, even very unstable versions. The editor is only able to address the parts of the profiler that can be controlled by the hardware buttons.
    So in this respect, it's a mere substitute or remote for editing the Kemper.

Kemper allows for full Sysex data communication with the KPA unit, so I would recon that when your Kemper gets damaged by using third party sysex based communication devices like the Toast ME editor or the RJM foot controllers, the warranty should not be affected.

Look, the Kemper is a great device and thank god for Christopher Kemper to invent this green box of pure wizardry. The sheer amount of updates our beloved device has gotten is just plain crazy. I truly believe the good people at Kemper can only be happy that so much community activity has aroused from the Toaster and it’s rack-based sibling, be it the commercial profiling community, rig exchange, artist endorsements, YouTube support, accessories manufacturers …..and unofficial editors.

Kindest of regards

• For those who didn't know, MIDI CC and sysex messages have been used by software editors to control all manner of synthesisers, FX and other devices, even lighting systems. Some DAW's, like the one I use (Digital Performer), allow the creation of custom consoles that you can fill with knobs, switches and sliders, that use MIDI to communicate with other devices. I built Roland JV-2080, Novation Supernova, Digitech Genesis, POD, Bass POD, EMU 2000 series synth and a bunch of other consoles that worked perfectly. Obviously, anyone who's willing to put the time in could use DP's console-designing feature to create an editor for the Kemper. One would have to own Digital Performer to run it 'though, and the same applies to similar controllers created using other DAW's.

This MIDI-based editing is old news for MIDI gear and goes right back to the late '80s or even earlier IIRC. In fact, many editors are created decades after devices have become "obsolete"; such editors are mainly to be found on the PC platform. Case in point, I wish I had one for my JD-990 and there's one (or more) for PC, but not Mac. I'm done with fiddling around making consoles 'though, so I'd have to be more-desperate than I am to give it a go after all these years.

In addition to the one-off creations, there have been many sysex librarians that feature editing come and go to and from the market as well. MOTU's UniSyn springs to mind and there have been several others who's names escape me right now. These apps contained / read "modules" or "profiles" (templates) that were specifically designed for certain synths. IOW, you bought the app, which came with a bunch of profiles, and over time, the company would write additional ones when sufficient demand (usually for the most-popular synths) arose.

No damage can be done IMHO. The worst-conceivable scenario might be one where the firmware (OS) becomes corrupted somehow, and we all know that's fixable through reset procedures (reloading the hard-copy firmware, for example - I think you can do this) or reinstalling the software. In all the years I've fiddled with this stuff, I've not encountered damage of any sort, but I have seen rare cases of OS's becoming corrupted or crashing / freezing. Those problems were fixed via rebooting the devices and in some cases reinstalling the software via sysex strings played to them from MIDI tracks in DAW's. That's after all how all digital hardware synths (for example) received OS updates until more recently when some began to employ USB sticks (like the Kemper).

Bottom line is that only the OS that's currently loaded into RAM could possibly be affected (and the chances are super-slim IMHO); there's no way physical damage, be it to the chips, motherboard or data-entry knobs and switches, could occur due to MIDI messages. Power spikes or outages at critical times, such as during installation? Yes. MIDI? No.

• For those who didn't know, MIDI CC and sysex messages have been used by software editors to control all manner of synthesisers, FX and other devices, even

Wow!! Great post my Friend.

For wat its worth: I've created a new post on the Toast ME editor in the private section of this forum so I will no longer check in this thread.
    Thanks for your advice.

Kindest of regards!
    Tijl - Ambassador of all things Kemper!